Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@EventAssistant

2016-12-31 18.24.00.png

The status editor has a small error in the EV field. I usually put the value 85 in the 6 fields and in this update one of the fields always gets 83 points. In PKHex and the previous version of this application you can put 85 points in each field totaling 510 points. The current version if I use this method one of the status fields gets 83 points. The error is that the total value making the sum of the 6 fields should give 510 EV. And had a loss of 2 EV.

Note: Edition made in Pokemon Sun version.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save editing seems like cheating, but ok, I can still kinda see what you are saying

But it doesnt allow me to easily transfer pokemon cross-gen like this does...
Plus, would having moves on a pokemon they can't learn in any way affect the legality or no?

I guess i just have a different perspective on the term "save editing" and "pokemon editing"

Just to answer your question, yes, having moves that a Pokemon can't learn makes it not legal. Anything that a Pokemon can't learn or obtain in game in any way shape or form makes it not legal and this is why most programs have a legal limit and in the case of pkhex an actual legal checker. Things that can make a Pokemon not legal include: stats, moves, abilities, met location, In some cases gender and in very few events nature, IV spread and EV spread.

Edit: forgot to mention making certain Pokemon shiny makes it not legal too.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EventAssistant

View attachment 73356

The status editor has a small error in the EV field. I usually put the value 85 in the 6 fields and in this update one of the fields always gets 83 points. In PKHex and the previous version of this application you can put 85 points in each field totaling 510 points. The current version if I use this method one of the status fields gets 83 points. The error is that the total value making the sum of the 6 fields should give 510 EV. And had a loss of 2 EV.

Note: Edition made in Pokemon Sun version.
I think I'm earlier discussion they were talking about 508 and 510. 508 I the amount of useful ev, while 510 is total ev you can have, woth 2 ev being useless.

Guess it was just executive decision to remove useless ev?

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone else able to use this to edit Omega Ruby?

I can load PKSM with Sun, Y, and X, just fine, but not OR at all. I keep getting stuck at a yellow screen with just that one game.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I think I'm earlier discussion they were talking about 508 and 510. 508 I the amount of useful ev, while 510 is total ev you can have, woth 2 ev being useless.

Guess it was just executive decision to remove useless ev?
I just know that the global value is 510.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EventAssistant, I'm interested in the project !
I'm rewriting all the PKHeX library code (all Sav.cs, PKM, etc) in C++ with class and all things, just to have a solid framework. I just saw that you have an incredible UI, the same that I would like to do, so I'm here to ask if we could collaborate ? I'm currently just at the beginning (converting Util classes), but my project was to do the same UI as yours, and add like you the support of importing and exporting directly pokémon saves :)

Do you have a Twitter, Discord or other thing you could send me on PM ?
We can talk about this when you have more consistent work in your hand :)

LordDarkNe0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wtf, I have problems editing my pokemon team :( I don't know why but... This is the problem:

Help me please, I don't know If I illegalizated my pokemon, but they were legal before!
(PS: Sorry for my bad english)

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wtf, I have problems editing my pokemon team :( I don't know why but... This is the problem:

Help me please, I don't know If I illegalizated my pokemon, but they were legal before!

Try putting them in the PC and then taking them back. It's safer to edit things on the boxes, for now.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah I got that after editing one in my team too :(

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know it is a futile matter, but is there a way to implement some background music? I love this program in part because it works like a portable "Professor Oak's Lab PC" (Stadium) and if it was possible, I would put the same music in it. (it's stupid, yes ^^")

I didn't notice it before so I supposed it is new: the animated background "à la Homebrew Channel" is nice.

A few suggestions/questions:
- when creating a new pokémon from scratch, could the list be browsed in the opposite sense?
- could it be made from another (real world) nationality ?
- since the generated pokémon is always the exact same specimen, depending of the species, do the datas come from external files and can be edited? Or how does it work?
- ... I forgot the other things I was wondering about.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
I know it is a futile matter, but is there a way to implement some background music? I love this program in part because it works like a portable "Professor Oak's Lab PC" (Stadium) and if it was possible, I would put the same music in it. (it's stupid, yes ^^")

I didn't notice it before so I supposed it is new: the animated background "à la Homebrew Channel" is nice.

A few suggestions/questions:
- when creating a new pokémon from scratch, could the list be browsed in the opposite sense?
- could it be made from another (real world) nationality ?
- since the generated pokémon is always the exact same specimen, depending of the species, do the datas come from external files and can be edited? Or how does it work?
- ... I forgot the other things I was wondering about.

Oh AyanamiRei it was on my original idea the background music, before I discovered PKSM ! I would help him integrate that, like reading from the SD (and add some Pokémon Epic Battle Music by default) :)

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Really nice update! How can u generate alola forms? e.g: I tried to generate a new Marowak alola, but I can only generate the regular one which is not even caught in alola. It would be cool to set the regular mons as egg hatched mon instead of imported from other game (Which makes them ilegal right now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title