ROM Hack Pkmn B&W/HG&SS. Just a simple question.

Nokeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there fully working patches for both games? My Heartgold froze sometime past the first gym leader. No big deal, I saved right after him.
Wondering the same for both Black and White. I'm not asking for a rom, just need some helpful info.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have a flashcart that receives frequent updates to its loader, there is no reason to patch your HGSS or BW ROMs. Just use the latest software for your flashcart. What flashcart are you using?

If you are using a flashcart that has not received updates since the release of HGSS or BW, yes, there are patches available.

Nokeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite embarassed to say..

R4i SDHC RTS

It's a nice card, doesn't fix the corrupt save problem for some games. Castlevania mainly.

They do update from time to time. So if it wasn't working, how would I notice immediatly. I can turn it on and start a new game so far, but it is a "Patched" rom I DL.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
While some games have AP that's immediately visible (refusal to go past the title screen or even start, for example), some games have really mean AP that won't kick in until later in the game. For example HG/SS will start freezing up on purpose more often the more gym badges you have, and B/W's initial AP was not letting your pokemon gain EXP.

If there is a secondary AP in B/W that kicks in later, I don't think it's been brought up yet.

Nokeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exp has been given. No weird things for black or white.

HG froze a little after the first gym leader. Right before I was spottd by a trainer.

Mobile version of this site kicks ass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...