ROM Hack Pins graphics from The World Ends With You

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BLACK-RYVIUS said:
TO STEAL MEANS TO DO DAMAGE TO THEIR PROFITS!

This person's works are doing NONE of that.

they have to be doing damage to the company for it to be case worthy.

stop acting like you can judge, that is what both God and judges are here for.

I just despise anyone who thinks they can just shut a person down who's making good use of their time benefiting fans.
You obviously have no knowledge of copyright or trademarks.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@JewWario, I am sure this is against the law. In fact, I'm sure of it. Its called Copy Right Infringement...

Of course, many of us are digital pirates, indulge ourselves in illegal activity and what not, but theres a difference between the two and I just thought I'd point that out...

Oh, and ebay will probably shut you down momentarily.

EDIT: Oh, Urza's been here already. So, never mind.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
BLACK-RYVIUS said:
Urza said:
BLACK-RYVIUS said:
Urza said:
I am reporting that for copyright infringement.

I think you should back down,
nothing makes you a worse enemy than trying to destroy others' joy.
I am standing against you on this matter, nuff said.
Like your opinion means anything.

What he's doing is essentially stealing the intellectual property of Square to sell on the internet for profit.

You have no grounds to stand on either legally, or morally.

I just despise anyone who thinks they can just shut a person down who's making good use of their time benefiting fans.

This is getting big... Anyway, as an artist, I can say that this guy is stealing art that he DID NOT MADE and selling for own profit, without asking permission.

IF - and just, MAYBE IF - he did redraw the pins he's selling, THEN thare would not be a problem, since he's selling fanart.

This is, without a doubt, Stealing...

At another point, doing what his doing for HIMSELF is no problem at all, IMO. Also, as pointed before, playing the games on your pc, downloading 'em from the internet, and not having the original copy is also piracy... But as long as you keep it just for yourself, at least you're not being insane and tottaly going against the law, and sell the copies just to make a few extra bucks, then I think this is not a big problem.

But anyway, Back to the topic... Could anyone help me with ripping the vehicles? T_T

JewWario

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A pirate is a pirate is a pirate.

Stealing is stealing.

If you sell it, you're stealing. If you keep it for yourself, you're still stealing.

Sorry, gizmo_girl... but you are wrong. We are the same. 'Cept... you're a girl.

The auction is down by my own hands. Happy?

I don't know what I did to tick all of you off so much, but MAN I must have done something to bring the inquisition down. Maybe you're just sore because you didn't think of it first. I dunno, but I got the wrath comin' down on me for making people happy and selling something Square-Enix wasn't.

Ah well, there's one in every crowd... and I guess this board has their fair share. Good to see so many LAWYERS frequent a ROM pirating board.

OH! Did I say that in my outside voice? My bad.

Stealing is stealing, and you're justifying it for yourself if you say otherwise.

BLACK-RYVIUS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
BLACK-RYVIUS said:

You obviously have no knowledge of copyright or trademarks.

you dare speak of copyright infringement when this entire forum from what ive seen is built upon THAT alone, whether it is digital piracy, its all the same.

REPORT IT ALL
or
SHUT IT!

if you do it for one, do it for all, and that means you need to strive to destroy ALL crime.
sad you are. I despise those who live by your double standard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And JewWario, i commend your efforts! You are a true fan!

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^
Flashcards and Modchips are kind of piracy if you use them the wrong way (downloading a game that you actually don't own) if you own the actual game, then you're not pirating
it's not their fault if the members DO pirate
but the forum didn't tell them so

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upperleft said:
^
Flashcards and Modchips are kind of piracy if you use them the wrong way (downloading a game that you actually don't own) if you own the actual game, then you're not pirating
it's not their fault if the members DO pirate
but the forum didn't tell them so
Actually, in the US (and possibly other countries) its illegal even if you do own the game.

QUOTEyou dare speak of copyright infringement when this entire forum from what ive seen is built upon THAT alone, whether it is digital piracy, its all the same.

REPORT IT ALL
or
SHUT IT!
Of course it is.

But I hold the right to report whatever I feel like reporting. Personally I feel that selling copyrighted material is more warranted to scrutiny than merely using it.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Urza said:
But I hold the right to report whatever I feel like reporting. Personally I feel that selling copyrighted material is more warranted to scrutiny than merely using it.
That's my view, but yeah, I got tottaly ignored on what I was asking about... I think I should just keep my mouth shut and let the guy get some money =_=''

Anyway, anyone can tell me where I could find help since about this ripping?

fauntix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest.... I highly doubt Square Enix is going to waste money on a lawsuit if someone is just making them for them selves or giving them out free for people to wear in public. Any Corp. is going to look at that as free advertisement. Now to back Urza and all the other intellectual people here, if Square Enix finds someone profiting off of they're game designs then yes they will hunt you down and drag you to court for Copy Right Infringement and they will win because it is wrong. But anyways, lets celebrate the diverse culture Square Enix has brought to the US and the world through this game and enjoy it. Pardon my language but damn why do some people have to ruin a great thing.

EDIT (add on): Oh and before any newbs out there try to bash this post or any other post saying the same thing, please keep in mind I am a Law School student... I tend to know these things about the law.

zantanzuken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back on topic i guess....

could anyone get me a .rar or zipped file with all of the backgrounds in it? not the battle backgrounds, just the walk-around backgrounds.

especially the dead gods pad and room of reckoning. probably gonna make wallpapers out of those.

i would rip it myself, but i'm horrible at tile editing... my Joshua looks like Mr. game n' watch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission