namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
banner.png

Welcome to Pinbox! Pinbox is a homebrew application for the Nintendo 3DS that streams content from your Windows PC to the 3DS. Keep in mind, Pinbox is currenty in alpha, so bugs will occur! Contact Namkazt on the Pinbox Discord for help.

Offical Discord: Link

Preview Video (beta 0.2.4 )

Current Version
Release 0.2.4

Download
Github Download: Latest

Current Support
  • Streaming from Windows PC to a 3DS - 60 FPS on N3DS ( i do not have O3DS but 30FPS is acceptable
  • Early Audio Support
  • Hardware acceleration Y2R
  • Emulation Xbox 360 Controller for awesome game support ( by ViGEm )
  • Support for Keyboard mapping with profile select from 3DS side
All contributions are welcome at : https://github.com/namkazt/PinBox

Change Logs:

• Early audio support
  • Optimized video quality and fix some bugs.
  • minors improvement

Requirements to get Pinbox to run:
  • Visual C++ Redistrbutable for Visual Studio 2015 : Link
  • Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 (contains the missing device drivers) : Link
  • Make sure Windows is up to date with the latest security patches and updates
  • Install the Virtural Gamepad Emulation Framework : Link

Keep in mind: The requirements to Pinbox may change, please check the How-to-get-it-work section of The Pinbox Discord Server first.

Notes
  • Enable firewall to allow port 1234 in and out (or disable the firewall when using the software and enable the firewall when done)
  • Make sure devices are connected to Wifi

Installation

• Step 1: Download Pinbox_Server.rar and extract it with Winrar or Z-zip to a folder on your PC
  • Step 2: Download Pinbox_hb.rar and extract it to your 3ds's 3ds folder on you SD card. Example: E:\3ds
  • Step 3: Launch the Pinbox Application on your PC
  • Step 4: Launch Homebrew on your 3ds
  • Step 5: Type in your Ip address from your computer (remember to type in the port number when connecting!)

How to launch Homebrew with Luma CFW
KjHZC6D.png

If you are having issues don't hesitate to ask for help in our official discord channel! Link

Credits:
  • libctru
  • libcitro3d (thanks to @fincs)
  • libsf2d ( borrow some code of graphics from here )
  • Nitendo Homebrew channel ( for help me out with many problem)
  • and more... ( dont blame me if i forgot )

Last edited by namkazt,

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
mmm, it gives me missing dlls errors, i already installed vc_redist, any tips?
check discord channel. i updated wrong dll file in release channel. also asking for help in that channel too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if I already use an xbox one controller on windows 10, do I need the xbox 360 controller drivers for this to function?
no, windows 10 already include it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can this stream 3d ?
No, at the moment

Reactions: weatMod

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks amazing, but could you run a native PC game that possibly runs at 60fps as a demo? I can't tell if the streaming is stuttering or the emulator. Maybe something like quake or shovel Knight would be much better.

Last edited by Giodude,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks amazing, but could you run a native PC game that possibly runs at 60fps as a demo? I can't tell if the streaming is stuttering or the emulator. Something like quake or shovel Knight would be much better.
skyrim or danganronpa please!

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
the msvcp140d.dll was not included with the program (like many other homebrew programs that need it to run) so I downloaded the .dll file and placed it into th directory in the photo and I got the error you see here...

wrong dll file. please check on discord on #how-to-get-it-work channel. i put it there

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

GGLinnk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Voici une version CIA, pour ceux qui veulent (Un bug au niveau de l'affichage de la bannière, sera corrigé très prochainement !)
There is a CIA version, for who wants one (Just a little bug with the banner, will be corrected !)

Attachments

• PinBox v0.1.2.cia.7z
    3.1 MB · Views: 570
Last edited by GGLinnk,

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the lag on this? I live at a college dorm with a roommate who tends to want to fall asleep much sooner than I do, and it would be nice to be able to play my games on desktop without feeling like I'm being inconsiderate. I *just* got "Danganronpa - Ultra Despair Girls" (as in, I finished Danganronpa 2 just this last weekend), a 3rd-Person Shooter. How would something like that play using this?

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, how's the bandwidth usage? Does the app automatically downscale the video stream to 240p or does it try to send the video at a higher resolution? Is it a good idea to set my games to 240p when playing them with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1