Pikmin 4 announced and close to completion

143738958998.jpg

Today Eurogamer published an interview with Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto that was conducted back in July. In the interview Mr. Miyamoto mentioned that Pikimin 4 was in development and that the game was also very close to completion. A platform for the game was not announced.
Eurogamer were under embargo with the article until today.

:arrow: Eurogamer

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it's not for the Wii U, the Wii U is a horrible console. I think it should be on the n3dsxl
Wouldn't a Pikmin game on such a small screen would be unplayable? The whole game would have to be simplified; 100 Pikmin on screen would be intensive on the 3DS as well as a pixelated mess to look at.

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess ill never understand Pikmin cuz I couldn't get into it on gamecube. However I hope it comes out for Wii U and maybe NX because those who bought a wii u deserve more before the Nx comes out. Can't wait for Star Fox Zero myself. :)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why is it a horrible console?
Well, at least I will give you my opinions in this aspect.
The Wii U is not really horrible, but the lack of software makes it a PITA.
Also the gamepad was a bad idea, it just isn't nice. A control system that would be uniform so that every player uses the same (like classic pro game controllers or wiimotes) would have been better.
Of course you can just ignore the big piece of cumbersome controller and let it collect dust while you use pro controllers or so.
The Wii U online services are bad, but at least they are not classic Nintendo bad.
The hardware and graphic capabilities are OK, and the size and power consumption are great.
A normal user will need a bigger USB HDD, and the lack of power in the USB ports that makes you either use two ports for an external unpowered HDD or use additional power adapters and cables for an powered one is... stupid... hell, the Wii was able to handle the required power.

TL;DR: The only thing that really makes the Wii U horrible is the awful lack of game variety and quantity, and the very bad PR that Nintendo is doing that makes you believe that they will not support it strongly anymore (perhaps that's just in my head).
PS: And the lack of a Metroid game, yes, that makes it horrible.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I love the guy but
upload_2015-9-7_13-10-19.png

I got Pikmin 3 for free when I bought Mario Kart 8. I haven't turned it on yet. I heard it's really good but I can't bring myself to do it even after all this time for some reason.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love the guy but

I got Pikmin 3 for free when I bought Mario Kart 8. I haven't turned it on yet. I heard it's really good but I can't bring myself to do it even after all this time for some reason.
The same happened to me. Actually I think I went through 3 or 4 levels, it still felt like an introduction/tutorial, and I left it there to connect virtual dust.
I suppose I don't find it addictive at all.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm, I never expected the next pikmin to be here so soon, and like many I also have 3 but havent played past the start yet. It didn't capture me that much anymore. I would be more interested if it was on 3DS to be honest, but I doubt it will be.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The same happened to me. Actually I think I went through 3 or 4 levels, it still felt like an introduction/tutorial, and I left it there to connect virtual dust.
I suppose I don't find it addictive at all.

Good God... They knew this would happen! That's how they could give it away for free! I also haven't played mine much, even though I loved the first one

If this one DOES come out it will light the fire needed to complete 3 I guess

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I liked Pikmin but the problem is Pikmin 3 was just too easy I liked the first one better since it gave a very good challenge but 3 was still ok.
I am disappointed Nintendo are not making a proper metroid title or not releasing zelda Wii u since I really like those but at least the next Pikmin will not be a disappointment well i hope
I would really like the Pikmin to have online multiplayer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...