THQ Nordic showcase reveals new South Park, TMNT, and Titan Quest games

Publisher THQ Nordic unveiled a slew of new games during its digital showcase today. We'll be breaking down the games announced and summarizing all the reveals made.

First shown was the Alone in the Dark reboot. The initial trailer was a story teaser for one of the game's protagonists, Edward Carnby. A prologue is now available to download.

The next reveal was a new South Park game. Featuring co-op multiplayer, it brings 3D to South Park. It'll be launching in 2024.

An overview trailer for an open-world action game, Outcast: A New Beginning. It's a third-person shooter, and your character has a jetpack to traverse with.

Wreckcreation is a racing game where you get to build your own crazy race tracks with loops and speed boosts, and then race through them.

Titan Quest is getting a sequel. The SpellForce 3 developers will be developing this revival to the franchise, which came out in 2006.

This next title is a strategy game where you have to take a train through a war-torn country. You'll need to protect the train and those within in, with real-time combat. It's called Last Train Home.

Trine 5 announced. It's a co-op 4-player game.

Space for Sale has you playing as a small creature, crafting things and building bases on space planets. A closed beta will be available soon.

Hunting game Way of the Hunter: Tikamoon Plains is out now.

Tempest Rising is a base-building RTS, inspired by classic 90s RTS games. There's 3 factions you can choose to play as, and a playable preview is available today.

Gothic is getting a remake for modern platforms. There's no release date or gameplay, but a new story trailer provides an update on the game's development, which was announced in 2019.

TMNT: The Last Ronin is getting a game.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"it brings 3D to South Park"

Noooo! I liked the 2D animated style as the two previous great games
I was just thinking this, seems not to be a legit sequel to the others at least. I wish they would develop an entire game without the constant use of a superhero style more like a normal season game.

Reactions: k7ra

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm very surprised they're doing 3D for the new south park game. the 2D style looked amazing on the last 2 games. hope they can't mess it up

Reactions: eternal

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was just thinking this, seems not to be a legit sequel to the others at least. I wish they would develop an entire game without the constant use of a superhero style more like a normal season game.
I really hope so. It kind of looks like a multiplayer DOTA game at quick glance

Reactions: Xzi

ShadF0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Featuring co-op multiplayer, it brings 3D to South Park
South Park on N64 - surprisingly good video game adaptation with tons of  weapons and characters, and a great multiplayer : r/nostalgia

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Last Ronin trailer showed nothing of the game and it still gave me chills. I really hope they don't rush or underfund this one.
As hardcore TMNT fan, same here and I was hope for more beat 'em up, but seems like not.

> brings 3D to South Park
I think you forgot about South Park for the Nintendo 64... :P
Also, it looks... weird, like a battle royale game. Not sure how to feel about it.
THIS!!! I remember about South Park on N64, great old time. :)

Reactions: eternal and Xzi

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah will probably be hammered with negative reviews, remember MAG? I think it's going for something like that.
MAG? Totally try to forget about that game. I remember my little brother playing it. Such a mess

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just give me the release date for Gothic already, THQ. I would like to give you money in an orderly and timely fashion, but you’re not making it easy.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I know THQ Nordic made SpellForce 3 (Compare to Age of Empire, Warcraft 3, etc games) game and I owned it. I love RPG/RTS game. I wish THQ Nordic should make SpellForce 4 soon in near future.

Oddsparks, A Rat's Quest - The way back home, Gothic remake (I remember this was release for Windows 98 to XP then finally coming to Windows 10/11/12 in near future), Trine 5 and Titan Quest - Eternal Embers Mobile are very nice! Interested in new games! :yay:

Last edited by console,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit excited to see the new South Park game - Even if it does look bad in 3D.

It being in 3D reminds me of the prototype South Park game found on an Xbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4