1. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

United States
  2. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO

Mexico
    Mkay guys, last stretch...
    Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD, and 3D Land.
    That's all that needed to make the WiiU library obsolete.

3. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I like that the ports are out and that more people will be able to enjoy these games. I personally would be more willing to put down money on these ports (I have pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, New super Mario bros wii u with luigi U, and Donkey Kong) if they allowed me to upgrade my current copies of the game to switch copies. Eshop upgrades shouldn't of been too hard to make available. wii u disc upgrades I see as a bit harder to do...

As it stands though the only port I've gotten is the Mario Kart 8 (wanted that game to play on the go, other games not so much). Sold my wii u disc to and picked up the switch cart.

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    They usually outsource ports and remakes, so this doesn't take away from any project they may have. It does allow them to put out games, filling out their schedule, so they aren't so pressured to put out rushed 1st party games.

Generally, porting older games, or HDifing an older game, are a win-win. it preserves older content and gives the company cash flow to fund potentially riskier ventures.

Well, ideally. They can also just use it as a cash-grab. It is frustrating to buy a game you bought 4 or 5 years ago, yet again, just with little bit of shine. But i usually just wait till it's cheap used. So, ya know. Really, as long as it's a game worth playing, I'm happy with the ports. I just wish Pikmin 1 and 2 were along for the ride.

Last edited by osaka35, Aug 6, 2020
  5. Torina

Torina GBAtemp Regular

France
    Finally, my Nintendo SX will get some fresh air.
    My son will stop playing Age of empire 2 for two minutes, I will suspend my commander challenges on Uprising, and we will enjoy some basic cooperative strategy together.

Darn, I forgot, I have to buy a new pair of those crappy joy-ducons.
    Pricey hobby, all in all, I may stick to chess.

6. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    @ChicoPancho
    I personally feel that they need a major upgrade since they push more ports out than original games. This is why digital Wii U games are not BC with the switch because they want to sell it to you again how sway lol

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    WOW......the eshop is still active on the wiiu?!

Silent_Gunner and Xzi like this.
  8. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Oh I feel it's been ages since I finished Pikmin 3.
    +1 : all we need is SM3D World and my switch will completely replace my Wii U.

9. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    60$ for a port of 30$ game? I'm glad that I don't have to pay that.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    considering they are adding side story for olimar and louie wich i bet it will be like xenoblade extra episode like 3 hours of new playthrough i doubt they outsourced it tbh.

the game was 60$ on release sure it got cheaper but yeah they are adding dlc and a new side story campaign, so i guess that is why they are adding the full price again, but hey who buys full price releases anyway? i just wait for promotions and price drops on all my physical editions :P

the only deluxe games i own are mario kart 8 (dlc on cart) and hyrule warriors (dlc on cart with the 3ds exclsuive dlc) the rest i never bothered to purchase since its not worth it imo.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you heard wrong lol the dlc is just mission mode where you are on a tiny map with like 10 min timers or less trying to do some missions with the given pikmins, which i guess is fun if you want to see how fast you can do it but nothing to write home about, the main campaign is 10x better.

Zense likes this.
  11. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    Well, in that case it's a good thing I underlined "heard". Basically people who'd played it said the game was too short, that's all I remember. Anyways I'll be keeping an eye out for this deluxe version.

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    lets hope the side story with olimar and louie is like 3-4 hours long and good, because if it is then it will be a decent addition imo.

13. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well... All switches have ports, so there's that.

14. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    I would get this if it wasnt't priced as $75 in my country... man, that's too much for a port.

15. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    But not from HDD's of those who went sailing the high seas and got it before Nintendo stopped being the beautiful, unique snowflake of not having updates, not charging for DLC, making a good variety of games as opposed to just Mario, Link, and Pokemon-centric games fresh off of a production line.

You dropped Xenoblade Chronicles X here...

Honestly, a part of me wishes that these companies would be consumer-friendly and, IDK, just release shells containing all of the hardware and software needed to play older games on modern consoles. I mean, think about it: there'd be no need for all of these ports, remasters, collections (which are nice for those jumping into a series) if, for example, instead of Sony BTFO on PS2 BC, they released an adapter that added that functionality to later release PS3s natively. Sure, games aren't gonna look good because they were made for CRTs, but people who don't want to rely on emulation or keep paying out the ass for re-releases of games are gonna have to make some concessions if they want to go the cheap route.

With that, all they'd have to do is make code on successive Sony systems that then adapts to the emulator or something to make future consoles BC with the SOC.

16. Naendow

Naendow Brick-Master

Germany
    Do not forget Wind Waker HD.

17. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    BORING! Especially since this game will be released at a full 60. I already have this on my Wii U. Here we have yet another reason why the Wii U is still the better Nintendo system. The Switch's lack of proper backwards compatibility is garbage.

Sure, I get that we have moved from Blu Rays to game cards in the transition from Wii U to Switch. It's not the fault of Wii U owners that people decided to skip out on the console. These Wii U ports could have been decent at 20-40 bucks a pop with some cool Wii U styled marketing (blue game cards at the least). Instead we get half ass'd ports with one or two new features.

Furthermore people who have no idea that they can play these games for much cheaper just get suckered in. I'm done with all of these Wii U ports. Pandemic aside, its time for some new content from Nintendo. So far we only have Animal Crossing, Clubhouse Games and Paper Mario. This has been one sucky year for the Switch.

18. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
  19. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Why spend another $60 if you already own it on WiiU? Play your WiiU copy now. Unless there's a fun multiplayer in the Switch version, i wouldn't buy it again if I already own in WiiU.

man... i just want Nintendo Land on Switch...

20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    I wouldn't mind of Xenoblade X also got ported :)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announced, Nintendo, releases