1. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Arab Emirates
    Nintendo: the WiiU was a failure.
    Also Nintendo: porting all the good games from the WiiU to the Switch to make the Switch successful.

2. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    I've had this on my WiiU for years now and not touched it ..... which is odd '' as i always ment to finsih it '' .... loved Pikmin 1 & 2 on Gamecube

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    conseidering he said that in late 2015 and that hey pikimin released mid 2017 that was what he meant for sure... because if there was another pikmin game the project its dead by now since its been 5 years lol.

4. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Except I never said anything about likelihood, probability, reasoning, etc. I was simply responding to it being said that Mario 3D World is the only good game left from the Wii U that hasn't been ported.

5. supaplex

supaplex Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    First of all, I am glad more people will have possibility to play it, because IMO it was great fun.

That being said, I seem to be the only person who wants the first two Pikmin games with widescreen and some HD treatment on Switch. As a package.

banjo2 likes this.
  6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    you already got widescreen on wii version so it would be only the hd threatment i guess lol

7. supaplex

supaplex Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Oh, I thought it was only streched to fit the widescreen. But if this was in true 16:9 then even better, maybe they can release it.

8. velgis

velgis Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Noooooooo! :P

9. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    I'm considering doing the same...

...for my hacked Switch. I haven't played much of my actual Switch, and there's still some games I've been wanting to play, but debt, mixed in with time being devoted to other hobbies/interests, and this whole situation with COVID have put a damper on anything I plan on doing with the system.

MarkDarkness and Goku1992A like this.
  10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    it was already released on the wii lol and its true widescreen, why would nintendo stretch 4:3 to fit widescreen lol that isnt an emulator or an hack they got the source code all it took was like afew lines of codding with source code ...

11. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Here's what I'm hoping, even though, given that this is Nintendo, they probably won't ever do it: the Switch 2 or whatever system they have coming down the pipeline will be backwards compatible, and, thanks to COVID, a lot of games coming to the Switch 1 will get the BOTW treatment: released at the end of the Switch 1's life cycle, and released to launch the next system. Like, imagine, instead of just BOTW2, they also have Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, and a few others to launch the Switch 2 with.

There's been rumblings and mentions of Nintendo working on a new system that have come out in the past few weeks; you had the Suikoden spiritual successor mentioning it, and then someone else also dropped a mention as well.

12. supaplex

supaplex Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Wow, I have never realized that adding a working widescreen to 20 year old game was so simple. Good to know bruh.

13. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    i never saw a point in this game. never even thought it would get so popular....

14. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I thought 2 was the better game. But I was not able to achieve a perfect ending (zero Pikmin deaths) on Pikmin 2. I did do that on Pikmin 1, but on Pikmin 2 I lost 5 Pikmin on the final boss, Mostly I just couldn't be bothered to keep trying anymore.

15. matthi321

matthi321 GBAtemp Fan

nice i love buying games again i played a few years ago

16. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Simple if you have the source code, yes.

Without it? Better hope there exists a cheat code on an emulator for your aspect ratio. #UltrawideMasterRace

17. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho enjoys tech too much

United States
    After this and 3D world release, Nintendo will finally get their heads out of the wii u's ass and actually start making original games.

There wont be a new nintendo console until at least 2023, and it will either be direct successor with some stupid gimmick like the wii u or be something completely different and abandon everything the switch built up. I also think that if any switch exclusives are cross gen its MP4.

Last edited by ChicoPancho, Aug 5, 2020
  18. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    @ChicoPancho
    Rumors are swirling around about a Nintendo Switch 2 or Nintendo Switch Pro. If the switch had 3rd party support it wouldn't be so bad but without it the switch is ehh just porting over old PS3 and Wii U games.

If people are into that good for them. Might as well call the switch a Wii U mini or PS3 mino lol

Last edited by Goku1992A, Aug 5, 2020
    Silent_Gunner likes this.
  19. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ The panda god that does everything

France
    I'm not a huge fan of ultrawide to be honest...
    It can be good but there's not a lot of games and stuff that support it without entering wide putin mode, it takes a lot of space, is expensive, and isn't as practical as having multiple monitors....

32:9 can be interesting if the computer detects the screen as 2, then it would be as useful as a dual screen.

Codemastershock likes this.
  20. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Why the hell is that going to cost $60 when the Wii U version cost $20? (and even with all DLCs, it still costs anywhere from $40)

I love Nintendo, but this is ridiculous, I expected a Pikmin 4 or at least the complete trilogy at this point, not the same game from 2013 but more expensive.

PS: They even removed it from the Wii U eShop so people don't realize they are paying more for an old game, Nintendo even looks like EA Games sometimes...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announced, Nintendo, releases