Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Tysong. I uploaded them to imageshack :

My main concern about ismartlinux is the TF corruption. When i check it with the dos command chkdsk, it often find me lost chains or bad FAT entries.
I use a Transcend 4GB Korea (samsung made) class 6 in FAT32 with 32KB cluster size.

The second problem is the downscaling from 320x240 (dingoo resolution) to 256 x192 (DS resolution). Mainly we can't read text on the screen.
Is it possible to use a different downscaling. Maybe a bicubic interpolation ?

And last, the touchscreen is not used at all for now, maybe you plan to use it in a later version ?
Perhaps to display a bash console ? or the boot sequence?

tysong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks your work and advice, Mbmax.

For your first question, I do not find, let me test to see.

For the second problem, the NDS hardware scaling is used now.
Fast speed, but the disadvantage is that it occupys NDS too much memory (512 * 256 * 2 bytes).
With CPU scaling, although the NDS will not take too much memory, but scaling takes too much CPU time, and the scaling effect is not good enough.
So there is no a good solution to this problem.

For the last question, the software for compatibility dingux, I do not intend to use the touchscreen,
and the boot sequence also can be displayed on the upper screen. Now all the boot sequence output from the serial port.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
tysong said:
Thanks your work and advice, Mbmax.

For your first question, I do not find, let me test to see.

For the second problem, the NDS hardware scaling is used now.
Fast speed, but the disadvantage is that it occupys NDS too much memory (512 * 256 * 2 bytes).
With CPU scaling, although the NDS will not take too much memory, but scaling takes too much CPU time, and the scaling effect is not good enough.
So there is no a good solution to this problem.

For the last question, the software for compatibility dingux, I do not intend to use the touchscreen,
and the boot sequence also can be displayed on the upper screen. Now all the boot sequence output from the serial port.

There is one [slightly better] solution to this problem, change the scaling offset every vblank between two different values.
I used the following for scale a screen by 75%, it should be easy to change to use any screen size. I recommend trying to keep each 8x8 block scaled by the same amount, so that text remains readable. This code resizes 8x8 blocks to 6x6, keeping the scaling even and readable.

CODEÂÂÂÂbounce = 1-bounce;
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif(bounce==0){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpa = (256*341) >> 8;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpb = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpc = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpd = (256*341) >> 8;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂBG3_CX = (22 8;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpb = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpc = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpd = (256*341) >> 8;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂBG3_CX = (23

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sure ! it's the purpose of this plugin.
smile.gif

I just added vice 64 to the dmenu and launched it :

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a PSX game to work...Mind you it wasn't particularly the most exciting thing I've ever played in my life, but it's a lot easier getting a perfect KO on Bloody Roar II than it should have been, but at least the battle didn't take an hour to finish.
A variety of the stuff that I tried worked (I got that nxengine to work, it was never a perfect thing to begin with, but at least it's playable) and a variety of other things just failed. There is also a small minority of things that I tried that worked, but were too slow to really be enjoyable.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah JP. But PSX4all is slow also on my dingoo. I will make a video comparing both like i did for the ds and dsi mode on ievo.
BTW, i was able to start some psx games but they freeze after a while.
Maybe it's tied to the fact i use a microSDHC ?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Also, is there a C64 emulator that works on this?
Now I've managed to get iSmartLinux running I've been doing some tests of the C64 emulation using Wizball as an example.

FrodoDingoo 0.2 = The worst performer. Sound was poor and graphics garbled.
DingooVICE 2.2 = Graphics fine but sound was skipping when the SID emulation was being pushed to the limits.
FrodoDS = best performer as sound and graphics were perfect.

However DingooVICE has just gone native and runs much faster. However as it's a Native O/S and not dependant on Linux then it could be more easily ported to either the SCDS2 or if the SDK ever gets released the iSmartMM (although I don't think the iSMM has enough grunt).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1