Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Try to rewire clk cmd and dat0, had this issue before and it was a faulty wire (must have been cut in between inside)

And also try to clean the contacts and make sure no excess flux is there.
This is the new error " ==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet) " :(

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me where in the hell are the SDA and SCL points on this V1 unit lol? It doesn't look like the image in the guide at all
Did you find them?? I'm also looking for sda/scl on v1
Post automatically merged:

So I’m working on my first v1 patched board and looking to add the SDA SCL lines. V1 and V2 are not the same as shown in the guide. Any help would be appreciated
Were you able to find them??

Last edited by Myst0gan,

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hero!

Has someone found a way to make the apu flex cables?

What’s so funny @QuiTim lol
Ok @QuiTim i see why you might be laughing after doing some research 🤪 I wasn’t able to find the gerber files though. I did find the GitHub page.

Did you find them?? I'm also looking for sda/scl on v1

Were you able to find them??
It’s been a long long time since I’ve had to do those. You shouldn’t need them if everything is done properly honestly. What method are you using?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ok @QuiTim i see why you might be laughing after doing some research 🤪 I wasn’t able to find the gerber files though. I did find the GitHub page.

It’s been a long long time since I’ve had to do those. You shouldn’t need them if everything is done properly honestly. What method are you using?
Yep, you got me 😊, but I figured it out. Here you go:

Attachments

• gerbers.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20231210_075020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231210_075020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Love
Reactions: BlueBeans

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's the only thing left to try, since I keep getting the same error, **/== either rst missing or clk not connected, I have checked the joints, wire, changed the wire from rst to a thinner one, cleaned up the flux, removed capton tape, tried with another rp2040... Nothing changed.

Sda/scl is the only option left

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Console boots to hekate and ofw everything works great but there is no touchscreen working with install and without so somehow it's damaged. Anyone know we're to look at all for this?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's the only thing left to try, since I keep getting the same error, **/== either rst missing or clk not connected, I have checked the joints, wire, changed the wire from rst to a thinner one, cleaned up the flux, removed capton tape, tried with another rp2040... Nothing changed.

Impossible you got the == CLK is not connected :D
There is none in the source code throws that error.

I think the note is not update. CMIIW.

The detection of voltage only happened on RST, CMD and Dat0, hence the errors.
https://github.com/rehius/usk/blob/6530fd9fe58980ea03d47905bad5e871b9439b7a/main.c#L54

It might be, if you use the very old firmware.
Because there is some commentary on the source code about that.
I guess it did check in the previous firmware, but in current source code, theres none.

And about the ** RST not connected. It might be false positive scenario.
RST is the first detection on voltage.
So theres possibility that your power inject to the 3.3V line of picofly are not 3.3V,
such that the value calculated on RST line got wrong.

Or the 3.3V voltage correct, but the picofly buggy / broken.
Such that its read the RST line wrongly.

Or the RST line voltage from the mainboard, give a wrong voltage.
In this scenario, the mainboard (emmc / cpu) is problematic.

The firmware detect if the RST should be around 1.8V +-0.2V.
Outside this range, it will throws **

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console boots to hekate and ofw everything works great but there is no touchscreen working with install and without so somehow it's damaged. Anyone know we're to look at all for this?
V1?? If yes, look at the resistor near the rst pads

Impossible you got the == CLK is not connected :D
There is none in the source code throws that error.

I think the note is not update. CMIIW.

The detection of voltage only happened on RST, CMD and Dat0, hence the errors.
https://github.com/rehius/usk/blob/6530fd9fe58980ea03d47905bad5e871b9439b7a/main.c#L54

It might be, if you use the very old firmware.
Because there is some commentary on the source code about that.
I guess it did check in the previous firmware, but in current source code, theres none.

And about the ** RST not connected. It might be false positive scenario.
RST is the first detection on voltage.
So theres possibility that your power inject to the 3.3V line of picofly are not 3.3V,
such that the value calculated on RST line got wrong.

Or the 3.3V voltage correct, but the picofly buggy / broken.
Such that its read the RST line wrongly.

Or the RST line voltage from the mainboard, give a wrong voltage.
In this scenario, the mainboard (emmc / cpu) is problematic.

The firmware detect if the RST should be around 1.8V +-0.2V.
Outside this range, it will throws **
I can't code, so just looked up the error codes on the guide, since I can't figure out if the blinking is short or long, I got only those two error options. I'm using the 2.75.

If I knew that not 3.3V can cause all that problems, then I wouldn't have all these stress. I fucked up both of the rst pads including the resistor for the Touch function, now I need to find a way to keep the console alive 🙄

I took 3.3V from nand, I guess it's not optimal point.

Last edited by Myst0gan,

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I can't code, so just looked up the error codes on the guide, since I can't figure out if the blinking is short or long, I got only those two error options. I'm using the 2.75.

If I knew that not 3.3V can cause all that problems, then I wouldn't have all these stress. I fucked up both of the rst pads including the resistor for the Touch funktion, now I need to find a way to keep the console alive 🙄

No it's a oled

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

If I knew that not 3.3V can cause all that problems, then I wouldn't have all these stress. I fucked up both of the rst pads including the resistor for the Touch funktion, now I need to find a way to keep the console alive 🙄

I don't know about the other stuff but the 3v3 from emmc board is safe to use, I have used it multiple times and other people here did the same. It might be some freak coincidence but rest assured that whatever the problem is it did not start from there

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Im using the 3.3v from the nand. Never had issue with it, already modded 8nos of v1/v2 with that setup.

The only thing I take from the board was ground and the cpu, the rest on nand. Your case is different for sure. Maybe you bridge something else.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

If i remember, we could simply just check the voltage on rst using multimeter.
If its around 1.8V +- 0.2V then the problem lay on broken picoboard or wrong voltage in 3.3V line.

3.3V from nand is okay.

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

you can do it on nand or onboard for your liking. for me all my points are on board because i'm too lazy to lift up the nand. less work more efficiency.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Post your work. I have a v1 here I need to do and I’ll post my work as well. Are you using a flex cable or mosfets?

As far as i know, the only one who create the cpu flex cable and share the work is @SQc04
https://github.com/SQc04
I saw this one as well but there are no gerber files 😔

Last edited by BlueBeans,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway