Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
-If you did not remove the LDO (the little black 5-legged thingy on thr back) it might couse a problem. You should remove it since it's not needed anymore.
Isn't that for the rp2040 Zero only? Should we remove the LDO from the Tiny versions as well?

If you don't want to buy from ali:
https://munia.io/devices
If you wanna make your own:
https://github.com/Pheeeeenom/BGA153-DAT0-Breakout
My only gripe with those is that they don't have any anchor points at all.

Reactions: QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Isn't that for the rp2040 Zero only? Should we remove the LDO from the Tiny versions as well?

My only gripe with those is that they don't have any anchor points at all.
To be honest, on the first 10pcs I did not remove the LDO (never had any problem), I only started doing so after Rehius recomanded and after seeing some unexplained problems on Zero boards. Also, on the Zeros we need to remove other things aswell so one more component does not make a difference but for the Tinys I would not go through the trouble. There is really no community feedback that there is a problem there.

As for dat0 adapters I'm with you on that one, much easier to use soldering anchor points than solder mask/glue. But I gathered that if someone wants to go to the trouble of making their own they might add anchor points to this design since all the other measurments are already in the gerber files so it saves you alot of time/trouble.
Cheers

Reactions: Nephiel

m3du54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Anyone tried the alternate points on EEMC for V2?
It looks a lil easier than the points on the mainboard.
I'm thinking of going that way. Any possible downfalls?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've only used 3v3 from that board a couple of times, it was easier then using the one on the capacitor. For me the other points are easier on the board but you can mix and match :)

Reactions: m3du54

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my v2 installs I've done them on the emmc board and have not had any issues.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Hi !!!

For the first time, i get this error " **= No eMMC block 1 read (should not happen) "

It's a v1 patched, someone can help me please ?

Schn1ek3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I installed a Picofly v5 today (which is similar to the hwfly) but my switch only starts in RCM mode (it already did before the installation). The Picofly flashes short-long-short. Can anyone help me with this problem?
I have measured the wiring and everything seems to be connected. Unfortunately, holding the power button for a long time does not get me out of rcm mode.

Edit:
I Have an OLED Switch

Last edited by Schn1ek3,

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I installed a Picofly v5 today (which is similar to the hwfly) but my switch only starts in RCM mode (it already did before the installation). The Picofly flashes short-long-short. Can anyone help me with this problem?
I have measured the wiring and everything seems to be connected. Unfortunately, holding the power button for a long time does not get me out of rcm mode.

Edit:
I Have an OLED Switch

first off, you have a chinese clone chip, they are not supported in this thread
secondly, did you install a chip in a broken switch hoping to get support in the chip threads when it unsurprisingly was still broken? go start your own thread mate, your problems have nothing to do with the chip

Schn1ek3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first off, you have a chinese clone chip, they are not supported in this thread
secondly, did you install a chip in a broken switch hoping to get support in the chip threads when it unsurprisingly was still broken? go start your own thread mate, your problems have nothing to do with the chip
I'm sorry. i've started a own Thread. Thank you :)

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time for stocking guys. the price is good now.
You got a link?? Yesterday I paid like 2,60€ from that choice offer

Nvm, I found it 🙄

Post automatically merged:

Anyone using lexar SD card when installing picofly ?
View attachment 406356

I got failed to init sdcard msg and cant boot to hekate
View attachment 406355

When i try sandisk sdcard it can boot to hekate

But when i try this lexar on my hwfly it can boot normal
Is thia lexar not compatible with picofly ?
Is it formatted to fat32??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-09-00-33-38-672_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-09-00-33-38-672_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by Myst0gan,

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You mean this one. I have not run into any problem yet but for cautious i will remove it in the future.
Post automatically merged:

To be honest, on the first 10pcs I did not remove the LDO (never had any problem), I only started doing so after Rehius recomanded and after seeing some unexplained problems on Zero boards. Also, on the Zeros we need to remove other things aswell so one more component does not make a difference but for the Tinys I would not go through the trouble. There is really no community feedback that there is a problem there.

As for dat0 adapters I'm with you on that one, much easier to use soldering anchor points than solder mask/glue. But I gathered that if someone wants to go to the trouble of making their own they might add anchor points to this design since all the other measurments are already in the gerber files so it saves you alot of time/trouble.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20231209_092052.jpg
    IMG_20231209_092052.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by superxoi,
Reactions: QuiTim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains