So, I was thinking, would this approach work for CLK?
I used a USB board with emmc (which I bought for practice) and covered the contacts which are NC anyways.
One could also reball the emmc with solder balls and just exclude those 2 balls as well.
What do you think?
Yes, should work if you can get the wire to stay in place while attaching emmc. I've been thinking of doing the same, with cmd as well. Note that the RFU balls ("Reserved for Future Use") are unconnected on the switch and can be used/skipped/whatever just like the NC balls
Yes, should work if you can get the wire to stay in place while attaching emmc. I've been thinking of doing the same, with cmd as well. Note that the RFU balls ("Reserved for Future Use") are unconnected on the switch and can be used/skipped/whatever just like the NC balls
Well thats even better (the RFU), the whole line is surrounded by the contacts not in use.
And the copper pad/wire is secured with transparent uv glue so it should stay put (I just used the green uv mask on pads so it's better visible in photos).
I guess I will give it a go on the next oled that I get my hands on.
CMD seems too risky for me right now, I don't know, maybe like this (photo) would be ok...
Cheers
Trick for small smd: Tin both pads with solder and heat up both pads with blade type iron(or whatever suite you best) then move the resistor/cap in pace. Component would go in pace by surface tension if both pad hot enough.
So, I was thinking, would this approach work for CLK?
I used a USB board with emmc (which I bought for practice) and covered the contacts which are NC anyways.
One could also reball the emmc with solder balls and just exclude those 2 balls as well.
What do you think?
Sorry, unlreated, but what's the USB board that you're practicing on? I'm buying Andriod boxes for practice but they have 221 BGA, not 153. Would love to know what you're using.
Oh no, I think the pcb adapter already has all the jumper points set. I was thinking of just doing the clk "manualy" same as dat0.
(Pictures of what I was using as demo)
So, I was thinking, would this approach work for CLK?
I used a USB board with emmc (which I bought for practice) and covered the contacts which are NC anyways.
One could also reball the emmc with solder balls and just exclude those 2 balls as well.
What do you think?
We don't know.
Theres no diagram, or information on it.
Since the firmware open source you need to check to their github, maybe they customize it.
Or you might ask to the seller whether the board can use the original firmware or not.
As a reasearcher i hope they modify it somehow.
Something like revising the electronic design, or the firmware into a better one.
So far i analyize their design are clever.
Still one major thing that no one still not yet solve is the random 'long glitch' (>5sec) for mariko processor. Thats not happening with the erista version of switch. That still bugging my mind. But its not a crucial one, at least the glitch eventually still happened.
We don't know.
Theres no diagram, or information on it.
Since the firmware open source you need to check to their github, maybe they customize it.
Or you might ask to the seller whether the board can use the original firmware or not.
Post automatically merged:
As a reasearcher i hope they modify it somehow.
Something like revising the electronic design, or the firmware into a better one.
So far i analyize their design are clever.
Still one major thing that no one still not yet solve is the random 'long glitch' (>5sec) for mariko processor. Thats not happening with the erista version of switch. That still bugging my mind. But its not a crucial one, at least the glitch eventually still happened.
If i buying hwfly, i won't blindly flash the original firmware, before analyzing the electronic first, to get a gist the diagram. Or simply use their firmware.
The shipping is 5 euros, so the total cost is about 12-13 euros, which is in line with all the other rp2040 based hwflys. I doubt they changed much in regards to the resistors.
Of course the cost goes down if you buy in bulk, to around 9 euros.
The shipping is 5 euros, so the total cost is about 12-13 euros, which is in line with all the other rp2040 based hwflys. I doubt they changed much in regards to the resistors.
Of course the cost goes down if you buy in bulk, to around 9 euros.
Compare to basic picofly of course still cheaper picofly.
But if you made the quality such as that hwfly pcb yourself, for example to jlcpcb you will get the similar price, even more expensive. Those black mask is expensive. That flex is expensive. That fpc/ppc for the emmc also expensive. Its reasonable price if its around $10-15. The cost production could be around $7-9.
Compare to basic picofly of course still cheaper picofly.
But if you made the quality such as that hwfly pcb yourself, for example to jlcpcb you will get the similar price, even more expensive. Those black mask is expensive. That flex is expensive. That fpc/ppc for the emmc also expensive. Its reasonable price if its around $10-15. The cost production could be around $7-9.
Oh, for sure the price is reasonable. It's really worth it if you have a lot of consoles to mod, since it's a lot simpler to install.
Also I am pretty sure the price is a lot lower, since it's made in china with questionable QC and worker protection/compensation.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...