Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
1686767511929.png

TRY YOUR IMAGINATION
The two cap conect to same point ground and the other side. And that two point is same to the capacitor points????
1686767527322.png

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
even after you saying its a Docker, means its portable.

half true in this case. it's a bash script that creates a dockerfile, then the script runs the dockerfile which downloads all dependencies and compiles the firmware, then the script uses docker commands to copy the resulting firmware out of the docker container. Running it on windows would require some adjustments, but that's someone else's problem.
Post automatically merged:

Take a while but now I am able to build it myself

feel free to share with others if you've adapted the script to work on windows

Reactions: abal1000x

frozenboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
half true in this case. it's a bash script that creates a dockerfile, then the script runs the dockerfile which downloads all dependencies and compiles the firmware, then the script uses docker commands to copy the resulting firmware out of the docker container. Running it on windows would require some adjustments, but that's someone else's problem.

feel free to share with others if you've adapted the script to work on windows
ah, I install wls2 and ubuntu along side, so it behave exactly like what happen on ubuntu. One thing I am unable to work is the directory in ubuntu system not match for windows to copy, so I put my code to my own github repo. I also got some trouble with docker cache my code. I guess windows is never a good env for dev. Anyway, I will not tweaking fw everyday so it is ok for now
https://github.com/tranngoclinhbk/picofly here is my repo with changing green led for success and red led for bug. I will change short and long pulse led code in another free time. Anyway, this is my obsession with green for success, and red for bug, it could be reverted in some board with grb.
People should stick with rehius's fw due to the fact it behave the same for all board

Last edited by frozenboy,
Reactions: deeps

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys , can you guive my some examples of pico install on switch lite , wichout cuting the shield
this is an old pic but it shows what you are asking for
don't forget to cover the rp2040 with kapton tape before mounting the shield on top of it

Attachments

• photo_2023-06-14_21-37-22.jpg
    photo_2023-06-14_21-37-22.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Danook28

frozenboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
hey guys , can you guive my some examples of pico install on switch lite , wichout cuting the shield
take out shield of emmc and put picofly on top of it, it will fit easy, as long as the shield still there, you need to bend the top aluminum a bit, you could also trim all the unused pin to reduce the size, it help a lot, then remember to tape it carefully. another option is put it on top of aluminum shield at the middle but it will reduce the intake airflow

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@karatefeet made a request for links to 'what I use for reballing', figured I'd share with the class...

I just bought the magnetic base, positioning plate and BGA153 stencil from this link:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO67mrS

1st time using a mag base and fixture, gotta say, im never going back
You would find solder ball makes life easier when your bga chip size go larger.
I have both for emmc reball. Not much difference in this case but only takes me extra effort putting back remaining balls when I am cheap and don't wanna waste any single one of them. :rofl:

View attachment 377794
I’ve ordered one of these as well. Between this and the magnetic stencil jig ordered yesterday, one of them has to work!

HackMan37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
ah, I install wls2 and ubuntu along side, so it behave exactly like what happen on ubuntu. One thing I am unable to work is the directory in ubuntu system not match for windows to copy, so I put my code to my own github repo. I also got some trouble with docker cache my code. I guess windows is never a good env for dev. Anyway, I will not tweaking fw everyday so it is ok for now
https://github.com/tranngoclinhbk/picofly here is my repo with changing green led for success and red led for bug. I will change short and long pulse led code in another free time. Anyway, this is my obsession with green for success, and red for bug, it could be reverted in some board with grb.
People should stick with rehius's fw due to the fact it behave the same for all board
If you put this code in the .bashrc file, you can get the actual directory of the wsl2 on windows explorer just by writing "explorer" as command:

start(){
path=$(wslpath -w "$1")
/mnt/c/Windows/explorer.exe "$path"
}
alias explorer="explorer.exe ."

This allow you to create, remove, copy or move anything that you want, including use notepad++ or sublime text on windows and just use ubuntu to build the output files.

Guigazeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought the problem was the micro sd slot. But it looks like it has a short when I tighten those screws near the ZR button. There is some short, it happens in this region. As you can see in the photo, this line has very low resistance, next to the ft9cj touch chip. Whenever I tighten the screw the micro sd does not work. And Hakete doesn't get up.

Attachments

• 20230614_192837.mp4
    12.7 MB
  • Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 26

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@QuiTim, @abal1000x , @Dee87,
, Thanks for all the help so far.

I believe I managed to restore dat0. the reading on the multimeter is 655. and also the alternate point shows the same measurement. it seems good?
webcam_viewer-20230614-090757.png

Unfortunately the switch didn't turn on... any tips on what to do? maybe reinstall picofly and try a hekate to recover via backup?

Reactions: QuiTim

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I believe I managed to restore dat0. the reading on the multimeter is 655. and also the alternate point shows the same measurement. it seems good?
View attachment 377987

Unfortunately the switch didn't turn on... any tips on what to do? maybe reinstall picofly and try a hekate to recover via backup?
How about the CMD and the CLK pad. Is it okay?

View attachment 377987

Check also the cmd resistor might be damaged.
b.png

I forgot the value in lite, something like 4k7.
I am not in front of lite right now.

Last edited by abal1000x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Axellk @ Axellk: Hello! I'm starting a translation project for the game Deadly Premonition, but I came across a...