Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
We already talked about this... Use higher diameter for the capacitors of the APU (Drain) and for the Source of the MOSFET.

Can enamel thin wire work for APU MOSFET? Sure!
How long enamel will work? Hope forever, though for how long do you think that a such thin wire can support passing high currents over 10A on each powercycle of the console? Look for the long term, at least 0.2mm or higher for those connections, for the Gate the enamel is ok, since it's only triggering the transistor.
yes, im still remember.
ill do just like dee87 mosfet . apu to mosfet 0.2mm, mosfet to rp2040 0.1mm.

btw
recently i practice soldering..., but i meet problem.

my "iron tip" solder is bad, the tip too long , it wont heat on the end/point tip.

i can melt the lead solder wire on the middle tip, but it wont melt on the end/point tip.
i need buy new tip i guess...

after that im gonna practice n pratice soldering first>
i wont touch my s~lite , before i can solder properly.
no rush:gun:

Reactions: lightninjay

FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We already talked about this... Use higher diameter for the capacitors of the APU (Drain) and for the Source of the MOSFET.

Can enamel thin wire work for APU MOSFET? Sure!
How long enamel will work? Hope forever, though for how long do you think that a such thin wire can support passing high currents over 10A on each powercycle of the console? Look for the long term, at least 0.2mm or higher for those connections, for the Gate the enamel is ok, since it's only triggering the transistor.
Read about this, but I can't find 0.2 wire easily.
However I think I've read in this thread that sata cables actually have that kind of wire. Is that true?

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Use 2 x 0.1mm parallel :rofl2:
Its difficult and ugly but worked.
yep just like the origin Dee87 schematic
dee87.png

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, im still remember.

btw

my "iron tip" solder is bad, the tip too long , it wont heat on the end/point tip.

i can melt the lead solder wire on the middle tip, but it wont melt on the end/point tip.

You may want to try thoroughly heating and cleaning the iron tip, then over-tinning it with solder to get a nice silver coating across the whole tip. Is it a variable temperature iron, or a fixed wattage that just "gets hot"?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
yes, im still remember.

btw

I use brand new T12 for this, and the tip still a problem, but not as bad as my old tip.
Don't forget to always coat it with tin before turn off the solder.

MinatoMuh

Trophies
XP
Country
some kind of chips have already been mass produced in chinese market but no sign on aliexpress
resim_2023-04-17_180738826.png

Back in Nov/December 2022, we heard about this cheap mod using a Raspberry Pi Zero board. Naturally this took a while to be confirmed and it looks like the instructions are out and users are able to mod their Switch with few problems.

There is no chance I would be able to mod this myself, but there are sites/modders out there that could do this for a fee. How long do you think it will take before the process becomes easy enough for these Mods 4 Hire can mod my patched V1 switch?

Reactions: kinisonkhan

LazarusGX4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...update...

..now getting Blue then PINK LED... checked CLK but seems OK (no shorts/bridges)

..tried to remove the RP2040 (including the wires on DAT0, CMD, CLK) but now Sw Lite won't boot :(

...Pink LED means "NS eMMC init fails, inoperative eMMC" or "Bad CLK"???
...are there any other instances that can cause Pink LED?

TIA

vittorio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
...update...

..now getting Blue then PINK LED... checked CLK but seems OK (no shorts/bridges)

..tried to remove the RP2040 (including the wires on DAT0, CMD, CLK) but now Sw Lite won't boot :(

...Pink LED means "NS eMMC init fails, inoperative eMMC" or "Bad CLK"???
...are there any other instances that can cause Pink LED?

TIA
check if any wire touches the gnd

Reactions: LazarusGX4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I have convinced them that multiplexing a polarized Lazer for fiber optic networking is...