Philippines was blacklisted by HongKong

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohnoes.png
, heard about the incident on the local chinese radio this morning. But I dont really understand, did the former police officer (bad guy dude :wtf:) kill the tourists? or the SWAT?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
The hostage taker killed them.
the swat just arrived late and did nothing.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
yeah, Skyline said it himself/herself [lol iunno].

Come on! I'm a guy!
ohnoes.png

But yeah, it's unfair to judge an entire country based on a single person's actions. That's like saying all Germans are bad because of Hitler or that all Americans are stupid because of Bush (granted that a vast majority actually ARE... that's a joke! I kid the Americans).

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777 said:
and there was this news about a police chief torturing a suspect.
i just watched the news over my TFC:KO box yesterday about that .
man , Philippines sounds so dangerous now unlike 7 years ago .

QUOTE(Skyline969 @ Aug 23 2010, 05:31 PM) Come on! I'm a guy!
ohnoes.png
i didnt wanna take a chance .
but who cares, it's the internet, gender doesn't mean anything
tongue.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Philippians has always been a dangerous place since 1980, I never felt safe traveling there either and I know how poor the country is look at the gravesites, bones are still present in a lot of them and the government bugs me to no end even worse than China, at least China has stability in their government. Also, there are still rebel groups in some places, so small towns aren't even safe.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
The hostage taker killed them.
the swat just arrived late and did nothing.
faults to the president who removed the right of use of their alarms and right of way in the road..

i also seen that the president outlawed that no one has right to takeover on the road..

wow ?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been on a Hong Kong bus tour of the Phillipines.... (long story)

It was verrry painful, as I don't understand Cantonese... And the loudspeaker was very loud....

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
Im just watching the news since I have no idea since my mom told me while going in manila to accompany my sis. I had a bad day today and this is what i get in returning? My blood is boling because what will I say to my Canadians friends when we go to Canada this winter? I will likely not to have friends in Canada.

If they react like that then they weren't your friends to begin with. It's not like you're the one who did it. I have friends from the Philippines, heck the girl watch (I'm a nanny) is from the Philippines as is her mother. I'm not going to blame a country or the ethnicity of the people from that country for something some stupid individual did. Anyway it's like I said, if they act like it's your fault then they truly weren't your friends to begin with.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
the fact is... hongkong had made a childish decision on their side. the thing happen there was totally coincidence. and never expected event..

do you think that other countries wont do that either... come on hongkong as @rockerz182 .. danger is on all over the world.. unexpected event can happen everywhere.

despite that hongkong is also the one we have reports of abusing filipino workers like their own dogs.. i feel sad at this point.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
The Philippians has always been a dangerous place since 1980, I never felt safe traveling there either and I know how poor the country is look at the gravesites, bones are still present in a lot of them and the government bugs me to no end even worse than China, at least China has stability in their government. Also, there are still rebel groups in some places, so small towns aren't even safe.
what does Philippi have anything to do with the Philippines?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
so, AFAIK, the hostage-taker was in rage when he saw his brother being handcuffed and confiscated his gun. He demanded freedom for his brother but the police are assholes so the hostage-taker took actions by killing most of the tourist. He killed the tourguide first

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:

Yes, because some "rebels" (which is only in one specific place mostly and where you will rarely even go if you live in the capital) are much worse than making abortion legal, killing of millions of babies, and leaving them on the street. We're the bad ones. They use aborted fetuses in soup! That is so much sicker than what we do. At least we don't have an abusive communist government like China. We have democracy at least. We also helped you in the war where you guys sent our people into World War II and it's your fault why we even got into the war.

We have a sub-decent government, it's just very difficult to cope with a bunch of natural disasters and bad politicians. The new president seems decent and competent enough, though he hasn't proven anything.

The Filipinos are extremely hospitable if you compare it to other countries. If you leave something, there's a good chance that you will get it back. There's a place in the Philippines where there are shops where you buy something then you get your own change. It's because Filipinos are trustworthy. We have plenty of nice people that just get overshadowed by the bad people shown on media. Just because of a couple of mishaps with specific people doesn't mean we are bad. The government isn't really that smart, but enough to cope with. It just pisses me off that we have an incompetent police force.

Oh well, at least we got 5th place in Ms. Universe which is good since we can gain some dignity, and we have the best boxer guy, Manny Paquiao and the like nice Hero guy from CNN. Oh! And the lead singer of Journey!

D

Deleted_171835

Well, that sucks.
I don't mean to be offensive to people from the Philippines but their SWAT was just plain horrible.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Well, that sucks.
I don't mean to be offensive to people from the Philippines but their SWAT was just plain horrible.
Sigh... the truth hurts. The government is so corrupt that they can't provide proper training in equipment for operations like these.

edit: the SWAT and police are fat-ass fucks.
dry.gif
mad.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
Tang-Ina (F*CK!) thos serbian special forces should be the one who handled yesterday's hostage. Thanks for the share

"Tang ina" is actually son of a bitch.
laugh.gif

fucking hate our swat team. they just look like normal police officers with vests, a single shield, and incomplete set of tools to get the job done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz