Philippines was blacklisted by HongKong

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Chris_Skylock, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010
  1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines

2. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    BAD BAD BAD. ALL I CAN SAY. But was cause by just one? The pathetic fact is see is that it cost 11-13 hours to solve this hostage taking on JUST A BUS. [​IMG] Oh wait. He was a former Senior Superintendent police, my bad.

3. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    ?_?

It was not entirely Rolando's fault nor the SWAT's.

Hell, the country's so poor the SWAT didn't even have gas masks when they threw the tear gas.

This.. makes me so sad [​IMG]

4. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    Im just watching the news since I have no idea since my mom told me while going in manila to accompany my sis. I had a bad day today and this is what i get in returning? My blood is boling because what will I say to my Canadians friends when we go to Canada this winter? I will likely not to have friends in Canada.

5. Infinite Zero

United States
    Bad image increased to 20%.. [​IMG]
    I'm so sad for the tourists who died, they just wanted to relax and take a break and it turned into nightmare. RIP

6. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    It's not like you were involved in this. I have several Filipino friends, and they will remain my friends. Just because some people in your country are idiots doesn't make every person there an idiot.

7. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    In the US, some Filipinos are treated like shit. I sure hope I dont have any image of Canada towards Filipinos.

Im just disappointed today not because of this but to what happened to me in a public transportation. I went to print the bday picture and it was stil bad compare to yesterday. And now this is Im watching in thenews?

Other countries might ban their people to travel to the Philippines. I know this because the Philippines banned its people to travel to Iraq.

8. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Well, in Mexico many Canadian tourists were killed on several occasions, and yet we weren't banned from going there. We just had to exercise extreme caution. I think a hostage situation of another country's people, while it is still very severe, doesn't quite compare to the killing of Canadian tourists in Mexico... at least, not to Canadians anyways. Just remember, Canada and the US are NOT the same. They both have different enemies, and from what I know Canada has no hostility whatsoever towards Filipinos.

9. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    oh, man. this sucks. not even the fact there were some survivors can make this any less awful.

10. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    so the hostage taker was a former police who was fired? His demand is to return his job? what a pathetic excuse.

Did people know that if you engage into this, you will have no life to spare? I mean, if the police agrees you will return, what face will you show anymore?

11. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    Years before he was pressured to put drugs on some chef so his team can "arrest" him but the chef got them first. So he got dismissed. Fast-forward to earlier today. He told the police NOT to touch his family. The police did anyway so he got mad and shot the tourists.

12. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    LIVE on SAKSI channel 7 GMA7.

Im still shocked this was happened. What a bad image this ex-police gave.

13. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    Watching this right now.

The man must have been very desperate. He must have lost his mind, after everything that has happed to him.

But still, the police should have had some kind of strategy or something to save the hostages and everything.

about the blacklist, I think its not fair, because of this one incident by one man. it would have been better if it was just redlisted or something.

we were also named as "worst country to go to" by CNN. thats fucked up.

14. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Technically it's not a ban though it seems to be characterized that way for some reason. It's just the highest travel advisory.

Even if the government didn't do this, and came out with a joint statement with the Phillipino government that they regret the incident but that everything is good, people would still be canceling their travel plans in droves as they are now.

There's also the backdrop of the rather tenuous relationship that the Phillipines and Hong Kong already have due to their imports of Phillipino women to work as maids and such. Did the cop choose the Hong Kong bus tour simply because of the large numbers of Hong Kong tour buses, or did he target it specifically (even though his original grievance had nothing to do with Hong Kong)? Against this kind of history, it's not totally unreasonable for the Hong Kong government to issue a black travel warning in the event of this tragedy.

The key thing will be whether that tension will boil over in Hong Kong itself, or hopefully people will recognize this as a terrible act by a single person. We can only hope for the latter.

15. Infinite Zero

United States
    Totally [​IMG] I can't believe this! [​IMG]

16. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    lmao really? you're labeling us to be the worst country? our government was corrupt and economy is messed up . what can you expect? over 50% [eh, this is just my speculation] of Philippines is in poverty or aren't very wealthy.

17. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    Ugh. That sucks.

My cousins live in the Philippines... I hope they're safe :|

18. jan777

Philippines
    Well, personally, I think The country's police is really bad.
    You got this policemen that you can bribe with just 50php = $1. (It's true, we got pulled over, but after some talk, he just asked us for some money for snack. we gave him php50)
    and there was this news about a police chief torturing a suspect.
    then this swat team that fucking took like what? 2hours to even get inside the bus?
    i really cant see how we can provide peace and order when the very people that are supposed to be enforcing them are rotten. Sure there are some good cops. But sometimes, they cant do anything because their superiors are the bad cops and they cant go against them. its really sad.

TL:DR Power does corrupts a person.

19. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    LOL.

There's like an intended car accident and all you do is give the police 50 pesos xD.

20. jan777

Philippines
    Nah, these "accidents" cost more. lol.