Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

Switcyswachty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uh... How do I get PFBA to find the MD, TG16, Coleco, etc. ROMS from the .42 set?
Checkout the gamelist ore romlist link posted a few posts back. allmost every room most be renamed for the emulator to see them. example on megadrive: "md_sonic & knucles 3.zip" use a software to add texture to multiple files ^^

Last edited by Switcyswachty,

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkout the gamelist ore romlist link posted a few posts back. allmost every room most be renamed for the emulator to see them. example on megadrive: "md_sonic & knucles 3.zip" use a software to add texture to multiple files ^^
That sounds like a giant PITA. Why is PFBA weird about this? There's gotta be a workaround. I'm obviously not going to rename over 5k files.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally had a chance to mess with the Emulator. Nearly everything I've thrown at it has loaded fine, there seems to be a problem with Mega Drive games running too fast :P
there's also a bit of slowdown when running Neo-Geo roms, it's noticeable in games like Metal Slug when there's alot going on. Is it possible to add the CPU overclock function that's in FBA?
Overall this is really solid and those 2 things are the only things I could find wrong with it. Plus FBA games look amazing on the Switch Screen :)

Thanks @cpasjuste

Last edited by ploggy,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That sounds like a giant PITA. Why is PFBA weird about this? There's gotta be a workaround. I'm obviously not going to rename over 5k files.
The window version does some weird things to prevent this. I'm actually fixing this, but as my time is very limited it may take a few days/weeks.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use a mass file renamer tool to rename a bunch of roms at a time... Thats what I just did :P (although my roms were named correctly except for the md_ gg_ sms_ parts..)

For example I used a tool called "File Renamer" which I downloaded from the Win 10 Store :) With it I managed to add the sms_, gg_, md_ ect...

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The window version does some weird things to prevent this. I'm actually fixing this, but as my time is very limited it may take a few days/weeks.
You guys are awesome, thanks for the advice and PFBA, so far my favorite app on the switch!

To confirm, the prefixes are md sms sg1k gg pce tg sgx cv msx correct?

Last edited by SaffronXL,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys are awesome, thanks for the advice and PFBA, so far my favorite app on the switch!

To confirm, the prefixes are md sms sg1k gg pce tg sgx cv msx correct?
That's correct (don't forget the underscore md_ sms_ ...)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually played with an xbox one controller and pro controller worked like a charm!
Xbox One controller? sweet :) with usb cable though?

Reactions: SaffronXL

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Naw wireless with magic ns stick

Oh. I just so happens I have one of them :P So it should work with PS3/4 controllers too :) Only problem is NS Magic doesn't work on 2.3.0. But maybe it'll work through Homebrew.. I will check that out. ;)

EDIT: Turns out the NS Magic dongle doesn't work on 2.3.0.. even through Homebrew :(

Last edited by ploggy,

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey is there any button combinations I should know? Like for that menu that comes up on mame by pressing tab (if it does that), or for service mode, or for swapping controllers, so I could be player 2 or 3 or 4 for games that are coded for that (like tmnt or simpsons)? Not at the same time, but you know.. swapping to that player.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Now thats a "service me!" request if i've ever read one...

You understand that pfba is not mame, and that for using fba, you might have to learn new things, and not just ask people how mame things work in this one?

- Accessing service menu in neo geo games, can be done with the uni bios (google: neo geo uni bios), button combinations are in this thread already. Read it, and quote/repeat them once you've found the answer on how to enter service mode with uni bios.

- Accessing cheats for neo geo games, via uni bios works similarly, button combo can also be found in this thread. But currently is broken (worked in previous builds). Maybe broken by the implementation of the only other button combo >

- There is a button combo to "quicksave/load" (enter the save menu quickly). And it is L+R and +

Im not aware of different button combos existing in pfba - especially not "for that simpsons game, so I can haz other characters" (Die, pick another character, no? ;) ).

edit: + and - to enter the pfba menu during a game is also a button combo.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
No, thats actually requiring an effort on part of millennials. Because they expect you always personally attend to their needs and even help them to complex answers, when they bring nothing to the table.

Its also a hidden ruse, to make millennials read a thread, before asking "very individual" questions. Which is a net benefit, because we've put other answers in this thread, they might be interested in as well.

Also - this is very close to "support my emulation needs "one game at a time"" - which ruined the SNES classic emulation scene, so if we can - we try not to repeat that here ("how can I get Simpsons game to run in mame" is a question that was asked there maybe twice a week, by different people. This at its core is not "supportable" on emulators that run 6000+ games - unless you want us to go insane.. ;) People have to learn concepts, not "how this works in one emu - and what buttons do I press for it in another emu.).

Also everytime, without fault, you tell a millennial to read something, and then come back with the answer once he/shes found it, they will call you a "dick". Its an unwritten rule. Its more consistent than a meme. :)

Their expectation is "i haz smartphone", "internet user, play alexa for me", "I leave thanks - great service". And thats effed.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm not, but I still choose how to respond to questions. Deal with it.

Millennials also like authority figures very much - anything with a title, really. They usually are very impressed with that. And would consider authoritarian leadership, over self correcting collectives (democracy). Thats a meme (based on some concerning polling results by reputable institutes). So hopefully not exactly true. ;)

edit: I've even made flowchart.
ooyzn8m.png

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1