Persona 5's Joker will be joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC fighter

451427-p5 (2).jpg

Prepare to have your hearts stolen by the Phantom Thieves, as Nintendo has just announced one of their DLC fighters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Joker and his Persona will be joining the fight. The announcement was made by Reggie during The Game Awards 2018. Joker will be the 76th character added to the game, and will be released sometime next year. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches tomorrow. December 7.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you have not played Persona 5, then. Or Persona 3 and 4 for that matter.
Ive played 5 for about 3 maybe 4 hours just to discover I dislike it a lot. Everything bothered me and characters seemed so cliche it ruined it for me. I very rarely enjoy a jrpg due to the stereotypes of the characters ;(

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder what stage they would give him. I guess probably the Velvet room or something.
Or maybe a Persona Q inspired stage, since that game is actually on a Nintendo platform. They could throw in some additional Etrian Odyssey music then too.
In any case, going by their wording it seems none of the currently represented series are going to get an additional rep, so I'm quite curious who else they've picked.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona series is not a part of Shin Megami Tensei series timeline.

Persona is a sub-series of Shin Megami Tensei, a sub-series of Megami Tensei.

There are many Shin Megami Tensei games which are not connected to each other and contained within their own universe.

Except because that the Persona series have direct ties to Shin Megami Tensei If... Which is why I stated they are a spin off of.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive played 5 for about 3 maybe 4 hours just to discover I dislike it a lot. Everything bothered me and characters seemed so cliche it ruined it for me. I very rarely enjoy a jrpg due to the stereotypes of the characters ;(

You will apologize by performing the ceremony known as Yubitsume!!! Or do you want us to bring out both the Dragon of Dojima and the Mad Dog of Shimano!?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something something that's not waluigi something something

I know people ask where Waluigi is, and I'm like, "Well, where's the next Wario game that isn't Warioware!?" Like, I enjoyed the one on Gamecube because it was easy to sit down, get a group of people together who may or may not understand video games or grew up on them, and just play a game. As for Warioware Gold, I figured it's be coming to the Switch, seeing as it's Nintendo's current handheld system, but they went and subverted my expectations and made it a 3DS exclusive, which means, if you want to play the same game together, you better hope that the other person/people has the same game and system.

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people ask where Waluigi is, and I'm like, "Well, where's the next Wario game that isn't Warioware!?" Like, I enjoyed the one on Gamecube because it was easy to sit down, get a group of people together who may or may not understand video games or grew up on them, and just play a game. As for Warioware Gold, I figured it's be coming to the Switch, seeing as it's Nintendo's current handheld system, but they went and subverted my expectations and made it a 3DS exclusive, which means, if you want to play the same game together, you better hope that the other person/people has the same game and system.

i wasn't serious

that said where is wario land 3d

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasn't serious

that said where is wario land 3d

Yeah, I know. It's just that, if we ever were to see Waluigi, he'd have to actually be in an official sidescrolling platforming game before appearing in Smash. Why hasn't Wario Bros. been a thing, or something like a 4-player Mario game where you can play as Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi, with each having their own abilities and ways of taking care of obstacles and completing levels?

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. It's just that, if we ever were to see Waluigi, he'd have to actually be in an official sidescrolling platforming game before appearing in Smash. Why hasn't Wario Bros. been a thing, or something like a 4-player Mario game where you can play as Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi, with each having their own abilities and ways of taking care of obstacles and completing levels?

Probably because Wario Land games just wouldn't fit any of the other characters. I know you said Wario Bros., meaning it would probably be it's own game, but if you think about it, unless it's mario party or some sports game, these 4 guys really have no reason to work together.

Mario cares about Justice
Luigi feels the same

Wario just wants riches
Waluigi wants to basically kill Luigi and be the one who gets all the fame.

I don't see them ever having their own game as they don't really work together well.

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has failed us:
Roses are red
Violets carry squeegees
We really want in Smash Ultimate
Walugi
Not a joker
I don't play poker,
Why Persona 5?
If you like the addition
Just go to bed.
Not accepting the Joker
in any edition
Something, Something, Poker.
I'm not taking any rendition
Of freaking Peach again
I'd rather quit using LAN!
Spirits!? What a leech!
Trophies still rule
No stubborn mule
can change that.
Plainrock124, please smash Smash Ultimate with a bat.

Sorry for the long poem. :D

NEW:
If you like Persona 5
Go head-first into a beehive.
Maybe instead go into a beach!

Last edited by Hambrew,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Haven't played Persona, but neat.

- Diddy, K. Rool were from Rareware, Dark Samus is from Retro Studios
- we still dunno what DLC slots 2 through 5 hold
- I sincerely doubt Doomslayer is getting in, buddy
K. rool is a character of the donkey kong franchise, invented by the japanese branch of nintendo, same with dark samus and the metroid franchise.
basically what im trying to say is that they dont give a shit unless its something that was invented inside their franchises.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what is worse, the fact that people think this is a bad addition or that people wanted some goofy ass characters like Waluigi, Bandana Dee, and Lip....

It's also hilarious that about a year ago people were saying "Man I hope Persona 5 comes to the switch eventually" and now it's "Joker who from what? Why did they add this character from a niche game to smash?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.