Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendosensei

Trophies
XP
Country
I am sure this has been answered before but I can't remember if I read this or am I making assumptions. I read things about installing CIA's on sysnand that aren't legit CIA's change a file that will look dodgy to Nintendo. Is this true, and would formatting sysnand eliminate this problem? I did not backup sysnand before installing the CIA's so restoring that isn't an option. Not my shining moment but would be nice to know I haven't put a crosshair on my head. Ninjhax aside this machine hasn't been online if that is a factor

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any benefits to use Ninjhax 2.0 over 1.1?

It seems that FCEUMM is considerably faster on N3DS using Ninjhax 2.0 instead of 1.1. Also, I found that with Gateway and Ninjhax running under a Cubic Ninja ROM, FCEUMM will produce sound with Ninjhax 2.0, but not with 1.1.

It also seems somewhat faster on O3DS, although not as dramatically.

Of course, if you're using a ROM, there's no reason you can't run the ROM using 2.0 and still have an actual CN cart using 1.1.

And ideally, someone should write a homebrew launcher that runs as a .3ds under Gateway and lets you run a .3dsx while eliminating the need for Ninjhax completely (and still running the homebrew as fast as possible.)

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your help.
2.0 is way faster on n3ds. I installed a cia version of cn, so I boot pasta with the cart and if I want fast homebrew I boot the cia wich has 2.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Remember nh1.0 when it came out it didn't allow for cfw either and now it does, it's a matter of time before people find a way to gain acces to more services and a bigger matter of time before they find a new arm9 exploit and it wont just work on 9.0-9.2 with nh2.0

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is using pasta cfw a possibility to spoof and access the eshop on sysnand, download say a youtube app, then export that in some way so that I can move it over to the emunand on my n3ds (9.2 and 9.5 emunand) system?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted-368796

Hope I dont get flamed for this, but I need a straight answer before I go and screw this up.
I am completely new to the 3DS scene. Trying to gather my marbles so I know which way is up.

Currently there is no way to run in emuNAND on the New 3DS right?
I have the CN game cart, and I am about to attempt to install the CFW.
All I want to do it run SuperSmash Bros for now. I do not plan on using any sort of online play or downloads.
Is there any harm in running a non cia copy on the sysNAND for now?
I will backup the NAND before doing so.

Sorry if this is too noobish. Again I am new to this scene and there is so much info to absorb.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope I dont get flamed for this, but I need a straight answer before I go and screw this up.
I am completely new to the 3DS scene. Trying to gather my marbles so I know which way is up.

Currently there is no way to run in emuNAND on the New 3DS right?
I have the CN game cart, and I am about to attempt to install the CFW.
All I want to do it run SuperSmash Bros for now. I do not plan on using any sort of online play or downloads.
Is there any harm in running a non cia copy on the sysNAND for now?
I will backup the NAND before doing so.

Sorry if this is too noobish. Again I am new to this scene and there is so much info to absorb.
Reinand has emunand on new 3ds. This project merged with rxtools and is not really being developed on its own anymore.

Non CIA copy, as in, a legit cart? No problem.

D

Deleted-368796

Non CIA copy, as in, a legit cart? No problem.

Sorry, I meant non signed CIA. Unless I am completely misinterpreting how these work.
As far as rxtools goes.. are you saying that the reinand part of the project got dropped or is it just being worked on within rxtools to become integrated? So it is still an active development, just as part of rxtools.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I meant non signed CIA. Unless I am completely misinterpreting how these work.
As far as rxtools goes.. are you saying that the reinand part of the project got dropped or is it just being worked on within rxtools to become integrated? So it is still an active development, just as part of rxtools.
Oh okay, there is no harm in running an unsigned cia. Nintendo can probably see it but that's not really a concern for most people lol.

Reinand, pasta, and rxtools are all different. The pasta team was given rxtools, so pasta merged into rxtools. Reinand is on its own, and it is the only public one that supports emunand on new 3ds. Rxtools -with pasta- will likely follow suite in a few weeks, or when the main devs get back from vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: