Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I am happy. I picked up a GameStop NES O3DS XL new and it was on 7.x.xU. 9.8 emuNand here we come (rxTools or Gateway for now). Can't wait for some 9.8 emuNand with a side of Pasta.

I don't think retail o3DS units are getting any more firmware updates in production. Nintendo probably stopped producing them or updating them during production. It's the used units you have to look out for.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also picked up a Black N3DS that was on 9.5U and the Zelda N3DS that was on 9.4U.

EDIT: At least with GameStop used I can check the firmware and return it if I choose within 7 days. I have a GameStop credit card so no cost to me to shop around.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also picked up a Black N3DS that was on 9.5U and the Zelda N3DS that was on 9.4U.

EDIT: At least with GameStop used I can check the firmware and return it if I choose within 7 days. I have a GameStop credit card so no cost to me to shop around.

The partial discussion was about the O3DS, yes we know that the N3DS firmware will vary.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The partial discussion was about the O3DS, yes we know that the N3DS firmware will vary.
I thought the Zelda MM N3DS was supposed to be limited and didn't expect it to have 9.4 on it. You never know about new either with the O3DS. I was just happy to get something hackable and stylish too.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the Zelda MM N3DS was supposed to be limited and didn't expect it to have 9.4 on it. You never know about new either with the O3DS. I was just happy to get something hackable and stylish too.

It is a limited edition, I believe Nintendo decided to produce another batch because the first batch sold out and there were still pre-orders to fill.

lukeskyscraper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup, my set up is currently an N3DS with MSET/Gateway and Ninjhax/Pasta.

Thank you, but in order to downgrade mset I have to install gateway first. I can only do that via cubic ninja, so that means for now I'll have to delete my current CN save. Would it be safe to just format my sd card? I've installed cia files via fbi loader, and to get the installation process to work I had to patch kernel access with libkhax. I'm asking because I'm worried that using libkhax changed some system files so that setting up my n3ds for gateway mode might lead to complications.

Reactions: atkfromabove

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, but in order to downgrade mset I have to install gateway first. I can only do that via cubic ninja, so that means for now I'll have to delete my current CN save. Would it be safe to just format my sd card? I've installed cia files via fbi loader, and to get the installation process to work I had to patch kernel access with libkhax. I'm asking because I'm worried that using libkhax changed some system files so that setting up my n3ds for gateway mode might lead to complications.
don't think libkhax touches any files at all. It's all trickery in ram, just like everything else.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
or you could just downgrade MSET and install the bluecardfix.cia while in pasta mode, then you can use the blue card to install the GW profile exploit...either way it will still work fine

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I cannot get SaveDataFiler to run from sysnand with Pasta, it gives me the message (translated) "there was a problem please restart your console". What am I doing wrong?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get SaveDataFiler to run from sysnand with Pasta, it gives me the message (translated) "there was a problem please restart your console". What am I doing wrong?
Did you try installing it to the SD and run it from there? Some apps cannot be run from the NAND.

lukeskyscraper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
don't think libkhax touches any files at all. It's all trickery in ram, just like everything else.

so if I were to format my sd card and prepare my 3ds for gw mode there won't be any problems at all?

or you could just downgrade MSET and install the bluecardfix.cia while in pasta mode, then you can use the blue card to install the GW profile exploit...either way it will still work fine

if I go into pasta mode via CN, start CN again from the home menu, and subsequently delete the save so I can scan the GW QR code, it'll work?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so if I were to format my sd card and prepare my 3ds for gw mode there won't be any problems at all?

if I go into pasta mode via CN, start CN again from the home menu, and subsequently delete the save so I can scan the GW QR code, it'll work?
Why use Pasta to install blucard fix to sysnand when you can just :
-boot CN, launch GW QR save while holding L
-once on GW menu insert GW cart
-on the 1st Icon hold B, press A. then X to boot into sysnand.
-install blucardfix through a cia installer while on sysnand. (FBI install on NAND)
DONE.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you're asking. You need to backup everything on your SD card, then Launch the GW launcher and choose format emunand from the menu. That will format your SD card, add the emunand partition, and copy GW's Launcher.dat back onto it from ram. After that, you just copy everything back to the SD card and launch GW mode.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to exchange the NES 3DS XL I bought yesterday as a system update borked it (not sure how as I used a retail cart to do it). It was stuck at a black screen with the screens off with no backlight. Now I setup emuNand and downgraded the sysNand to 4.2 so I'm ready for Pasta MSET and when emuNand with a side of Pasta comes out. Can't wait. Using rxTools and Gateway for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1