Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaviLoz101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now nobody has 9.8 emuNand for N3DS. The video that was shown was from an O3DS XL.
Exactly that's what I'm saying in my last post lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And how would you know what people have running behind the scenes that we haven't seen? :P
For all we know Rei does have 9.8 emunand on n3ds and hasn't show it off yet. Never know. :P
Not yet that requires keys

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand in order to achieve emuNand on 9.8 with the N3DS a particular memory space needs to be accessed and that is blocked on 9.6 so we need some key to decrypt something to give us that access.

I would be more than happy with 9.5 emuNand with Pasta. As long as I can access the eShop, I'm happy.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i didn't say someone DID have 9.8 emunand on n3ds, but my point still stands, who knows what people have behind the scenes that we don't know about (not necessarily Rei).
We all know how much some of the devs don't like sharing and keep stuff super secret after all. lol
And yeah i know it needs keys to get past the roadblock that 9.6 added... :(

Reactions: klear
D

Deleted User

Well i didn't say someone DID have 9.8 emunand on n3ds, but my point still stands, who knows what people have behind the scenes that we don't know about (not necessarily Rei).
We all know how much some of the devs don't like sharing and keep stuff super secret after all. lol
And yeah i know it needs keys to get past the roadblock that 9.6 added... :(

Even the best devs couldn't get the 7.x keys before Gateway did. I would not bet on these devs getting new keys unless there is another leak from Gateway's launcher. If Gateway is still around that is ..... since let's face it, they are probably not gonna stay around for much longer with the free solutions out

Reactions: NaviLoz101

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the best devs couldn't get the 7.x keys before Gateway did. I would not bet on these devs getting new keys unless there is another leak from Gateway's launcher. If Gateway is still around that is ..... since let's face it, they are probably not gonna stay around for much longer with the free solutions out
Gateways's card does one thing that the free methods can't do for now and that's running 3DS roms. Sure you could convert the rom to cia but not everyone wants to do that. Plus since Gateway emulates the card so well you can use companion apps like the Pokémon Bank.

Reactions: NaviLoz101

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true, RxTools is regionfree now, out of region DLC should work (but maybe only with the game of the same region?)
yes, it is true. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Take a Japanese game, like Taiko no Tatsujin, install the DLC, and play the game. The DLC songs only show up when using a Gateway.

D

Deleted User

Maybe I'm way off base here, but with firmlaunch support, will that allow us to run the cryptofix games? Or will they need to be patched?

I ask because I was able to get Smash 1.0.8 running on my n3DS, but a couple of my games I purchased off the e-shop refuse to run no matter how many times I get into the e-shop and repair/redownload them.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm way off base here, but with firmlaunch support, will that allow us to run the cryptofix games? Or will they need to be patched?

I ask because I was able to get Smash 1.0.8 running on my n3DS, but a couple of my games I purchased off the e-shop refuse to run no matter how many times I get into the e-shop and repair/redownload them.
Which games and what is the error you get?

D

Deleted User

One in AVGN Adventures. It's an e-shop only game that I know has the new encryption. It works fine on the updated old3DS, but when I enter the eshop on the new 3DS and download it, it just gets stuck eternally at the 3DS loading screen (the 3DS logo).

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One in AVGN Adventures. It's an e-shop only game that I know has the new encryption. It works fine on the updated old3DS, but when I enter the eshop on the new 3DS and download it, it just gets stuck eternally at the 3DS loading screen (the 3DS logo).
What is your 3DS model and system version?

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateways's card does one thing that the free methods can't do for now and that's running 3DS roms. Sure you could convert the rom to cia but not everyone wants to do that. Plus since Gateway emulates the card so well you can use companion apps like the Pokémon Bank.

It also give n3ds users an emunand unlike the free guys. The only reason i keep the damn thing

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I have a gateway on my N3ds I'm torn between .Cia .3ds
I have 32gb in both my gateway and my internal sd but I convert my cart rips that I need instant saving and quick loading times to cia and to save space other cart rips and homebrew to my gateway

Sangui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate work on pasta? I only saw one reference to it in the thread, and it said it didn't work, but that post was from weeks and weeks ago.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate work on pasta? I only saw one reference to it in the thread, and it said it didn't work, but that post was from weeks and weeks ago.
Depends. If you have an O3DS/2DS you'll need RxTools as MH4U reboots the console when launched. If it's a N3DS then you can, as it has more power and doesn't need to reboot for it,

Reactions: Sangui

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy. I picked up a GameStop NES O3DS XL new and it was on 7.x.xU. 9.8 emuNand here we come (rxTools or Gateway for now). Can't wait for some 9.8 emuNand with a side of Pasta.

EDIT: I should mention I picked this up at my local GameStop. It was the last one they had. It had a sticker price sticker from Feb 2015 with a serial of SW4090xxxx x.

This is one sleek handheld. I really dig the NES controller look.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Reactions: lemanuel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning