Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3ds is master race! XD jk but seriously if you dont have one get it soon because time is ticking...
the faster we transition to N3ds the faster we get devs to develop and use all of the new processing power.

Reactions: enigma85

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is that embarrassing? I have no reason to follow rxTools since it doesn't work on the N3DS. I only heard about the unofficial version on another site I follow and they never mentioned it went official.

I'm surprised by the lack of n3ds support lately. It's so much nicer then the o3ds. You can actually stand playing in 3d lol ah well sooner or later people will catch up. (Hopefully)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised by the lack of n3ds support lately. It's so much nicer then the o3ds. You can actually stand playing in 3d lol ah well sooner or later people will catch up. (Hopefully)
I couldn't stand playing in 3D with the O3DS as it gave me major headache. With the N3DS I can play in 3D without it giving me a headache.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: NaviLoz101

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, noob here, getting started with all this, I'm on N3DS 9.0E and trying to get some homemade gba VC .cias to work. (getting the "error occured. press and hold POWER button" error) (Did a Mother3 fan translated one and a Golden Sun 2 one, both time payed attention when setting up the GBA header/footer with the right value/info)

(I already got a gateway (with emunand 9.5 working, bluecard fixed, mset for 4.5 set and all), a CN cart, I managed to install a DSiWare .cia and play it just fine btw (eventough It doesn't always show as an Icon but can run from FBI/BBB)

so 2 things I'm not sure about :
1) should I install those gba VCs and DSiWare to Nand or SD ? (or even my 9.5 emunand? probably can't reach that yet on pastacfw on my N3DS?) (on BBB it defaults to SD apparently) (unrelated but I tried to use firmlauch at some point but would stay on 9.0 and couldn't install cias for some reason)
2) I was under the impression I didn't have to install an hacked AGB firm to get that to work on Pasta (?), or I could install the hack AGB Firm on my emunand and use gateway instead of Pasta ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot for you guys work btw :)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, noob here, getting started with all this, I'm on N3DS 9.0E and trying to get some homemade gba VC .cias to work. (getting the "error occured. press and hold POWER button" error) (Did a Mother3 fan translated one and a Golden Sun 2 one, both time payed attention when setting up the GBA header/footer with the right value/info)

(I already got a gateway (with emunand 9.5 working, bluecard fixed, mset for 4.5 set and all), a CN cart, I managed to install a DSiWare .cia and play it just fine btw (eventough It doesn't always show as an Icon but can run from FBI/BBB)

so 2 things I'm not sure about :
1) should I install those gba VCs and DSiWare to Nand or SD ? (or even my 9.5 emunand? probably can't reach that yet on pastacfw on my N3DS?) (on BBB it defaults to SD apparently) (unrelated but I tried to use firmlauch at some point but would stay on 9.0 and couldn't install cias for some reason)
2) I was under the impression I didn't have to install an hacked AGB firm to get that to work on Pasta (?), or I could install the hack AGB Firm on my emunand and use gateway instead of Pasta ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot for you guys work btw :)
DSiWare must be installed to NAND. GBA can be installed to SD but cannot be played in emuNand mode.
As far as I know you need the hacked ABG to play GBA games.

Anytime you run DS games or DSiWare it removes the MSET hack and it must be re-installed.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks !

I think I got DSiware Zelda 4swords installed to SD though, and can run it fine (not from menu, but from a CIA manager)
the problem was that for some reason, for me, new apps only show on the menu (the gift thing) when installed to SD, not NAND.
(yup got that it removes the DS profile exploit just like when playing a DS game, not a big issue though :))

Oh, I need a hacked AGB firmware even when using Pasta ? thanks for the info, for some reason, I thought Pasta was already somehow patching the original AGB Firmware upon booting to let me run any VC. I guess not then (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O