Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
He moved away from GBATemp because he hated the community here. Can't blame him though, I did the same thing when I did Minecraft modding at one point. Horrible community there.
Yeah I suppose it's up to him what he decides to do, it's all just seeming a bit petty as of late, all well and good until someone steps on your toes....I can understand maybe if it would of been the karl3ds dev's wanting to do a disappearing act you guys have been given a bit of a hard time over your work, but IMHO people have been mostly positive towards staplebutter and his work here

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a little gift for the impatience people that are sending me a lot of PMs. Load it with the MSET Hack.

It's only for 4.X, so it's like PBT-CFW (without the CIA install over network), but with a 100% rate of booting success.

I could do it for every existing FW, but it's not practical to have a lot of different files, one for every version of FW.

So have a little patience and wait that I finish the fw check and offset group selection code.

PS: This night too I'll sleep only 3 hours. Damn.

So how does one use this?
And what does it exactly do?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only been about a week and the things are getting Spicy :tpi:

Any type of development in which it benefits the user as all these "Hacks" are is a good thing in the end.The user potential must be exercised to the fullest extent and these advancements doesn't deter people from still Buying and Supporting the Developers

My 3DS collection continues to grow and flourish...

intermet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is a little gift for the impatience people that are sending me a lot of PMs. Load it with the MSET Hack.

It's only for 4.X, so it's like PBT-CFW (without the CIA install over network), but with a 100% rate of booting success.

I could do it for every existing FW, but it's not practical to have a lot of different files, one for every version of FW.

So have a little patience and wait that I finish the fw check and offset group selection code.

PS: This night too I'll sleep only 3 hours. Damn.

May you share the source ? Thanks .

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boots into sysNAND with patches on 4.x via MSET, allowing you to install unsigned CIAs.
So you use only the launcher.dat file. Nothing else(palantie's cfw had like 4 different files ) ?
Also, how would one install a CIA installer using this?

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So you use only the launcher.dat file. Nothing else(palantie's cfw had like 4 different files ) ?
Also, how would one install a CIA installer using this?

Install devMenu via PBT-CFW. Launch it in PastaCFW and then install CIAs.

EDIT:

Do you have a link for the POC?
Page 156 has the original post by nop90 and Page 160 has the encrypted MSET launcher for Gateway ROP by pakrett

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I got a idea ,is it possible to make a muti-launcher to select which cfw to boot,
then we can combine rxtools and pasta together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.