Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
who are you? one post and it's this? are you smea trying to get people to install your modified ninjhax? is that why the server was down?

fishy, very fishy.

817297234557171375.jpg

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Ok, I just want to note that I have NOT tested this with pasta nor on sysNand. So the first person up is the guinea pig. But with palantine and govanify's cfw it would install devmenu from a pc without CN, Oot, Gateway, or anything else. I repacked and modified the readme.

excuse my ignorance, but what will this do? and what exactly do I need to test this?

I recognize the files and they are from the cia installer/palatine cfw (where I have to press L to activate cia install during profile exploit boot)

this willl install devmen on ofw 9.2?

I have pasta already running, then I saw your post, got curious and wanted to test right away (have hardmod)

Reactions: Margen67

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
excuse my ignorance, but what will this do? and what exactly do I need to test this?

I recognize the files and they are from the cia installer/palatine cfw (where I have to press L to activate cia install during profile exploit boot)

this willl install devmen on ofw 9.2?

I have pasta already running, then I saw your post, got curious and wanted to test right away (have hardmod)

its been tested, doesnt work. felt like a good theory though

Reactions: Margen67 and leerz

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
So until they patch network services you still have to have CN or GW to get any use out of pasta.

What's even worse is the fact that the patch offsets for versions higher than 4.X are completely different...

I think nop90 will eventually get around this, though, given the amount of RE work he has done with the Palantine CFW.

Reactions: Margen67 and WeedZ

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna work. The Palantine CFW applies some patches to the network service if you press the L button during boot. Without those patches, the console will refuse to receive content from ctrclient. nop90 himself already said the Launcher.dat file he provided earlier doesn't have this feature.

Do you think this is something that could be implemented?

Ninja'd.

Reactions: Margen67 and WeedZ

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean the MSET Exploit would need to run Homebrew Launcher instead of PastaCFW directly to make this work?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Does this mean the MSET Exploit would need to run Homebrew Launcher instead of PastaCFW directly to make this work?

Porting HBL to MSET would be an extremely tedious task. I prefer to think it's just a matter of time until a proper workaround (e.g. network service patching) is implemented.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I warn anybody.

A part of the 3ds development community decided to repudiate pasta devs.

So : if you contribute to pasta, you will be repudiate (you won't be able to access 3dsdev for example).
Which pretty much means Roxas75 won't be lifting the sig checks for rxMode. Neither will any other dev, ever. Powers from above dictate so.

Neo89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys sorry if this been asked already but does roxas75 plan on doing any changes to rxtools maybe lifting sig checks now that Pasta CFW is out. I believe he commented saying he was gonna think about it.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys sorry if this been asked already but does roxas75 plan on doing any changes to rxtools maybe lifting sig checks now that Pasta CFW is out. I believe he commented saying he was gonna think about it.

that discussion is literally the post above yours.

edit, also wrong thread

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Kinda surprised about the whole "ban everyone" mentality from 3dsdev.......although tbh with their views on it all it was kinda to be expected, also thought it was weird that staple butter seems to of abandoned gbatemp, it may of just been a coincidence, but idk happened just a few days after pasta was released locked his blargsnes post and stuff, seems a bit petty, especially considering there was already .cia and .3ds versions posted which where pretty much for use on gateway so the whole piracy aspect was already there, idk dev's will be dev's I suppose

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kinda surprised about the whole "ban everyone" mentality from 3dsdev.......although tbh with their views on it all it was kinda to be expected, also thought it was weird that staple butter seems to of abandoned gbatemp, it may of just been a coincidence, but idk happened just a few days after pasta was released locked his blargsnes post and stuff, seems a bit petty, especially considering there was already .cia and .3ds versions posted which where pretty much for use on gateway so the whole piracy aspect was already there, idk dev's will be dev's I suppose

wait what? no more blargsnes updates?

nvm, just found his new thread on 4dsdev. so far its just a couple jerk offs talking shit about gbatemp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1