Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering what most people who are Gateway users are doing. Are you manually extracting all of your saves and reinstalling all of your CIAs again so you can use them in sysNAND in Pasta CFW? Just curious.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you use Pasta over GW?

1) supposedly the Gateway sucks away the battery life of the 3DS even in sleep mode and even if you are just playing CIAs and I don't feel comfortable removing the cart from the system every time I start a CIA because I could lose it

2) DSiWare

Reactions: pakrett and SLiV3R

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1) supposedly the Gateway sucks away the battery life of the 3DS even in sleep mode and even if you are just playing CIAs and I don't feel comfortable removing the cart from the system every time I start a CIA because I could lose it

2) DSiWare
Nah, it isn't true. The battery is exactly the same.

Reactions: Margen67

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about, I'm done I got it working.

Wait so i'm looking restarted because i'm stating the facts? Basically all i'm saying the people in the thread is giving more helpful advice than the op
which is saying something?

We all should be complaining/asking him to change what he edited, just in case new users/ current users don't get stuck

I really didn't get the logic of your post
OP shouldn't be expected to explain every little step required to get the 3ds to update title info. It is a requirement of every cfw, emunand and anything else where there are no previous titles installed. If you had been involved with the scene for even a day you would know this. It is a common fix. Not knowing is not as big an issue as your attitude. If you had just asked some one, or looked at any of the many pages in this thread you would have found your answer. I'm in agreement. If you can't understand changing the extension of an empty file, this cfw may be too advanced for you.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I was wondering what most people who are Gateway users are doing. Are you manually extracting all of your saves and reinstalling all of your CIAs again so you can use them in sysNAND in Pasta CFW? Just curious.

I'm using pasta to play Yoshi's Fucking Island and gateway to play everything else.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I love Pasta :)

I have installed over 50 NES games and put them in a folder.
Installed 5 GBA. They work perfect, but unfortunately they can't be seen in main menu. The same goes for the DSIWARE. installed Zelda - four swords <3
I also installed over 20 3dsware CIAS. Works Perfectly :)

<3

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Please I hope none of you see any of my replies has hate, argument or anything.
Because that's not my style, I have a debating spirit with reasonable statements that's all.

1.Listen there was no id0 folder in my 3ds so that was one of my problem

2. Title.db I didn't know what that was or how to get it, again im new to this. So i'm thinking it's something I need to download like a plugin or something for cfw
but now i see its just a batch that can be created from txt files.. see that Something that the op should already have explained

Example

That's like me saying, in order to update your Jtag you need to download and use latest xebuild.

Now of course i'm going to get it right away because I know what to do in xebuild. A new users would have problems and come back to the thread and say, what task do i need to perform in xebuild?

See right off the back I was supposed to include step by step instructions, I didn't explained myself well enough.

I mean its all good I told the admin to fix it, so we shouldn't worry about this anymore
This cfw is still in development. only released a couple days ago. Maybe after more user testing and added features there will be a nice little user friendly package with a bow for noobs. until then anyone wanting to test it are expected to have a general understanding of how the 3ds operates.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Please I hope none of you see any of my replies has hate, argument or anything.
Because that's not my style, I have a debating spirit with reasonable statements that's all.

1.Listen there was no id0 folder in my 3ds so that was one of my problem

2. Title.db I didn't know what that was or how to get it, again im new to this. So i'm thinking it's something I need to download like a plugin or something for cfw
but now i see its just a batch that can be created from txt files.. see that Something that the op should already have explained

Example

That's like me saying, in order to update your Jtag you need to download and use latest xebuild.

Now of course i'm going to get it right away because I know what to do in xebuild. A new users would have problems and come back to the thread and say, what task do i need to perform in xebuild?

See right off the back I was supposed to include step by step instructions, I didn't explained myself well enough.

I mean its all good I told the admin to fix it, so we shouldn't worry about this anymore
the problem is that id0 and id1 is different on every 3DS, so if he say "put title.db in 1652365873276928hff/32658663257863961986" someone will think that means they have to make those folders, when you need to use the existing folders created by your 3DS specifically, so basically no matter what he writes he cannot know what the name of those folders are on your 3DS, so he cannot give you the exact path required....thats for you to work out on yourself....if your using the 360 as an example its like someone saying "now enter 3335353535353535353535 as your CPU key"....which is not the case, nobody can tell you your own cpukey, again, thats for you to figure out on yourself

Reactions: Margen67 and WeedZ

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using pasta to play Yoshi's Fucking Island and gateway to play everything else.

Me too :)

Also Four Sword Adventures...finally! Is there any way I can backup the Four Swords Adventures that is installed on my home menu now in Pasta CFW and convert it to a DS ROM so it can be played on a DS flashcart? I doubt it but I really wanna play it on my DSi and maybe Pasta figuring out how to run this stuff could allow such a thing?

I believe my Wario Ware Snapped is lost forever, though. I am not sure how I lost it.

I too will probably use both the Gateway and Pasta CFW. Here's how I am doing it (feel free anyone else to chime in if you have a different method): I use the Cubic Ninja cart to boot into Pasta. If I want to boot into Gateway mode, I no longer use Cubic Ninja (since it has a different hack for Pasta installed to it and would be impossible anyway) so I boot into Gateway via the DS Profile exploit. I am not sure what I am gonna do if an mset exploit ever comes out for Pasta. How will I choose :)

By the way the only reason I still see Gateway being useful is the emuNAND support for firmware updates for amiibo support.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the problem is that id0 and id1 is different on every 3DS, so if he say "put title.db in 1652365873276928hff/32658663257863961986" someone will think that means they have to make those folders, when you need to use the existing folders created by your 3DS specifically, so basically no matter what he writes he cannot know what the name of those folders are on your 3DS, so he cannot give you the exact path required....thats for you to work out on yourself....if your using the 360 as an example its like someone saying "now enter 3335353535353535353535 as your CPU key"....which is not the case, nobody can tell you your own cpukey, again, thats for you to figure out on yourself
Here's how I wrote it in my guide:
  • In the file manager, you should now see in the root of the SD card a folder named "Nintendo 3DS". Open that folder. Inside the folder should be another folder with some random letters and numbers. Open that folder. Inside that folder there should be another with yet again random letters and numbers. Open that folder again. Now, you should see a folder named "exdata"
  • Don't enter the folder named "exdata". Instead, we're going to be creating a new folder in the same directory "exdata" is located in, and we're going to name our new folder "dbs". Once the "dbs" folder is created, open it.
  • Now, in the "dbs" folder, you're going to need to create a file. Any file will do, either be it a .txt file or an excel document.
  • Now, you're going to need to be able to modify file extensions for this. Once you've created your random file, you're going to need to rename it, alongside with its extension, to import.db
  • There may be a warning pop-up asking you to rename it. Click "yes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь