Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LaLZiEY.jpg

Gee, sure is a shame that none of this is possible without actually doing your own work, right? :P

AGB_FIRM patch?

Reactions: Margen67

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd rather have CitrAGB working than having those odd methods to launch GBA games with modified CIAs but maybe someone could create a homebrew that'd use a patched AGB_FIRM and let the user load any rom from a list just like an emu?

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So many angry devs in this thread, it's hilarious.

On the upside, it's nice to have somebody listening to the community rather than shoving their beliefs down everyone's throats. The amount of effort means nothing when you don't care to listen to what people actually want and feel like it's your job to tell the community what is wrong and what is right ;P

With that being said this is a cool development, I hope it provides a bit of a push to the community, being able to finally back up all my games and install some homebrew will be very handy. Great work guys!

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As this is for many people the first time using "illegit" CIAs, are there some precautions we should follow?

For example:
  • What happens if we access data management (with PastaCFW loaded / without)? I've read somewhere else that this will delete all your illegit CIAs along with their saves (on GW) :blink: .
  • What will happen if we connect to the Nintendo Network?
  • Is there anything (else) we absolutely must not do in PastaCFW?
  • Is there anything we absolutely must not do in SYSNAND (without PastaCFW loaded) when illegit CIAs are installed?
  • Aside from a cold reboot, are there any other ways PastaCFW could get unloaded? Maybe, if we exit system settings?
If these questions turn up something critical, that might also be a candidate for additional text oo the first post.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yes....finally get to live my childhood nostalgia of F-Zero, Metroid Fusion, Warioland 4 and Warioware Inc...is there SNES VC too that would work with this?

a truly promising developer (along with NTR and others) but isn't afraid of crossing *that* line...great work ; 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work