Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But does someone even plan to implement emunand scince it is realy hard to manage all by yourself?
well thats the good thing with it being open source, random people can contribute and add stuff without having to pass the "do you belong on our team? and "are your goals exactly the same as ours?" tests.....who knows, maybe nobody else will want to add anything at all and this is good as it gets, maybe it will grow into something more, it'll just depend on who looks at it and feels like adding stuff to it

Reactions: Idaho and Alkéryn

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well thats the good thing with it being open source, random people can contribute and add stuff without having to pass the "do you belong on our team? and "are your goals exactly the same as ours?" tests.....who knows, maybe nobody else will want to add anything at all and this is good as it gets, maybe it will grow into something more, it'll just depend on who looks at it and feels like adding stuff to it

I fell like it but actually I only code in c c++ and asm(not the arm one) so without any doc I can't do anything =(

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
When I will add MSET (planned for 1.1, so after the release of O3DS offsets), it will be available on all supported version.

Very nice. If you need someone to test that once you get it ready, I can. I got a USA console with 9.2 FW with a 6.0ish version of System Settings installed. :D

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
This is great :lol:

I'm a n00b to the 3DS scene so I have a quick question.

Am I correct in thinking that installing CIAs to the sysnand could potentially brick it, and there's currently no way to restore the sysnand (without a hardware mod)? In other words, am I fine to use this CFW and install/run unsigned CIAs downloaded from a well known site without doing any harm to my system, or would it be better to wait for emunand support? Thanks!

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Am I correct in thinking that installing CIAs to the sysnand could potentially brick it, and there's currently no way to restore the sysnand (without a hardware mod)? In other words, am I fine to use this CFW and install/run unsigned CIAs downloaded from a well known site without doing any harm to my system, or would it be better to wait for emunand support? Thanks!

If you only install stuff to the SD card, there should be no problem.
Don't wait for a hypothetical feature.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It could but if you are just installing games the chances are very slim. If you are going to be messing around with system titles wait for emuNAND support from this or some other project/flashcard, if you are just wanting to play games it should be safe.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

You're right, one bad .CIA and you're screwed. If you use tested CIAs there should be no harm installing them, but waiting for emuNAND would be your best bet if you're too scared to install CIAs to sysNAND.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, one bad .CIA and you're screwed. If you use tested CIAs there should be no harm installing them, but waiting for emuNAND would be your best bet if you're too scared to install CIAs to sysNAND.

That's why im waiting for a Emunand or REDnand so I don't want to touch Sysnand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
main rule would be to not jump on new cia files always wait to hear they are safe before blindly installing stuff as it really would be one dodgy cia to get a brick, but that dodgy cia would pretty much have to be made to be dodgy on purpose, a corrupt cia or whatever wont install, it would only be if the cia was designed to cause bricks*

*or if you decide to install random system titles,

basically, games, dlc, homebrew...pretty much safe, untested stuff, or random "super l33t hax gives you money.cia" should be avoided

Reactions: Pacman`

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Google how to use DevMenu then (BigBlueMenu is the same shit, it's DevMenu with the title changed).

Xenoblade requires fw 9.4, recent eShop titles, and obviously any future games, but according to http://3ds.essh.co (by simply clicking the "firmware" column a few times), these won't:

9.5.0E - Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition
9.4.0U - Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS Only)
9.4.0U - Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
9.4.0J - Bravely Second: End Layer
9.4.0J - Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minna de Mini-Land
9.4.0J - Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition
9.4.0J - Zelda no Densetsu Majora no Kamen
9.4.0J - Xenoblade (N3DS Only)
9.4.0E - Pazuru Purple Hills
9.4.0E - Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones: Thunderflash
9.4.0E - Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones: Wildfire
9.4.0E - Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS Only)
9.3.0J - Home Menu Kazareru Badge Toreru Center

I don't know about you, but if you ever played Bravely Default, Bravely Second (when it's released in English) won't run on Pasta CFW without firmware spoofing and/or other modifications.

9.4.0E - Pazuru

Cant be correct for the CIA version becuz im running it without problems on 9.2 :)

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, thanks for the answers! I'll go ahead and try this CFW out now then.

Nice to see an open source project like this, thanks a lot to the authors. :)

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't panic, I have a workaround for this.
I FINALLY found how to patch other processes with a CIA, so eShop spoofing will be available in Pasta CFW, Gateway emuNAND...

That would be awesome if this will add Support for Games higher than sysNAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs