Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Suggestion for capito27: Could you make the background of the icon white instead of black? I'm assuming that the Ninjhax homebrew menu doesn't read transparency and it defaults to black. It's easy. Just open it up in GIMP (or similar) and remove the Alpha channel (the one that allows transparency) and choose the colour white when prompted.

Also, please name it just "Pasta CFW" instead of "Pasta CFW loader". The extra "-loader" makes it look ugly. Thanks.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Update 0.1.4 incomming in less than 15 minutes : here is a changelog :
- Added auto firmware detection (if no issues are detected, i will make it a auto boot firmware later ;) )
- Pasta CFW got it's own app name and icon for ninjhax
- Pasta CFW will now load a payload file saved as "/3ds/PastaCFW/loader.bin" at launch.
O3DS 9.2E detected and worked fine (after CN reinstall). But top screen looks like shifted 1 pixel right and bottom screen have artefects in the first pixel column.

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hehe,
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-cf...-required-ninjhax.388925/page-44#post-5498086

I tried everything, even a different version of SaveDataFiler.cia (the one from 3DS to CIA Converter v4.1).
It works everywhere EXCEPT on Pasta with my 4.4.0 O3DS.

It's an odd freaky problem

Hm, thats crazy I had the same problems that you had back on Plantine CFW, until I found somwhere a good and working SDF.cia (was it from the converter?)
I also installed the cia I used on Palantine CFW on Pasta CFW, and I have no problems. Everything works fine. Maybe you have a bad download?
Btw, if you want to check, my SDF.cia is 498kb big.

EDIT : You should try the soluting of VerseHell, I did something like this back then too.

Reactions: Pacman`

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoW, Just finished reading this whole post and getting myself updated with the latest news. And I have accomplished nothing at work today, this is how a feel right now!

baby_w_spaghetti_mess_498794.jpg

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the nerve of some people. This is only a day old and people are complaining that it's not everything they wanted, when they want it... How much is this costing? There should just be a new thread started for complainers.

ninb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys. I have one more question. my second O3DS has a 6.2 firmware, it will be supported in the future?

Reactions: Margen67

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit2 : If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.

I might not be the first to suggest this (40+ pages of talk are just too much to find anything), but I'm pretty sure it should also be possible to check for that file and create an empty one if it does not exist right from the loader. Only a minor inconvenience to create it yourself, but speaking from experience, small things like that might prevent a lot of "it doesn't work" posts later on.

Reactions: kactusss

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I might not be the first to suggest this (40+ pages of talk are just too much to find anything), but I'm pretty sure it should also be possible to check for that file and create an empty one if it does not exist right from the loader. Only a minor inconvenience to create it yourself, but speaking from experience, small things like that might prevent a lot of "it doesn't work" posts later on.

Yes but you must also go into software management after the creation of the file to make everything working, and we can't do this from the launcher.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have made a CFW loader for both N3DS and O3DS, it requires Cubic Ninja and allows you to install and run unsigned CIAs (The loader is still in early devlopement, but it should work !).

As for the name, it is because it all started from a Unknown Pastebin.

The loader is nothing fancy, and i don't like to make tidy posts, so here is a zip that both contains brahma (required to launch the loader) and the loader itself.

It works on N3DS 9.0-9.2 and O3DS 4.1-4.5 / 8.0-8.1 / 9.0-9.2.

Also, unsigned DSIware works as well as GBA Virtual Console !

c329e35607ddd8a3c6533db92be76fdb.jpg
[
How much i waited for this...

We just enter into the golden age of 3ds scene...

Reactions: Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3