metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
xDlmaoxD said:
CyrusBlue said:
Why are you all translating Pokemon anyway? How about you do something worthwhile and translate something that's never gonna see an English release? There's an entire thread of good games waiting to be translated. Yet you choose to race and see who can translate a game destined for an official translation first.

I will never understand you people.

What you consider good, I will probably dislike.
It's all based on what they like, and what's most wanted at the moment.
If you can't understand that, well too bad.

You're telling me that you can't find one game on that list that interests you? I'm calling bullshit.

metal01 said:
QUOTE(CyrusBlue @ Sep 23 2009, 08:24 PM)
Why are you all translating Pokemon anyway? How about you do something worthwhile and translate something that's never gonna see an English release? There's an entire thread of good games waiting to be translated. Yet you choose to race and see who can translate a game destined for an official translation first.

I will never understand you people.

Dude why waste your time and ours writing this, no one cares. If you want another game translated, Do it yourself.

I'm not the one on trial here. Don't try and shift it onto me. We're talking about numerous people being stupid and doing something that no one will benefit from in the long run. Yeah the basic menu translation was nice but why are they trying to translate the entire game? Its getting to the point where people are just running stuff through google translate and slapping it onto the game.

Have some patience. Its not like you're gonna pay for it anyway and don't lie and say you are just to save face.

Dude seriously don't be dumb no one will benefit from you bashing anyone translating the game, you and anyone who doesn't want a translation and thinks we are all impatient should stay out of these threads, they aren't hurting you, and dude I'll be buying this game the day it comes out like I have done for every version since red and blue.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
YayMii said:
Wait, actually, I'm going to do some work in proper English, and other work in Google Engrish.
Seems easier that way.

Right now, I'm just getting the kinks out of the Pokédex entries.

while u are at it, mind if i carry on the dumb request of asking is it possible to have a googelize version of the google engrish?
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

SILVER: I got monster of poke too! BATTLE WE MUST
HAH, WHAT WIMP YOU LIKE GOT POKEMON FROM THERE! HAHA!

I can imagine something like that. Which would be

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep in mind that only dialogue will be in Engrish. Menus and stuff is in normal English.

Comparison between my work and PaperMagician's work:
PaperMagician: Automatic Translation program
YayMii: Manually translating each line, except for menus

PaperMagician:Starting from Kazo's v5 patch
YayMii: Starting from scratch

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mods, can you change the title of this thread to "PaperMagician's and YayMii's Pokémon HG/SS Google Translations"?
I'm making my own patch, and PaperMagician is still working on his, but I want to save space by making both in the same thread.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we (me) get more screenshots we (I) might get download the patch
wink.gif
lol keep it up! but I don't know if I should download it... I don't want to start all over again once the english version comes out, cause once you patch and play the game the .sav file will not work with it.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting close to releasing a demo of my patch. I just need to complete summaries, and item names.
The demo will include an Engrish intro, and normal English menus.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another translation, hmm I am not complaining but I think ur one has to offer something very good to beat the popularity of kazos and magnius's. I mean Kazo's patches are released really quickly, Magnius's patch isnt a copy and paste from gold, but is actually translated. They both translate the story, but there are some bits of text which arent translated within the story for some reason. I hope that yours will have something better to offer. Mabye you could translate everything, from like the people on the routes and in the houses. This is only a suggestion however, and if your using google translate mabye it wont take that long..

D

Deleted User

YayMii said:
I'm getting close to releasing a demo of my patch. I just need to complete summaries, and item names.
The demo will include an Engrish intro, and normal English menus.
Btw am I right in assuming PaperMagician's patch is ALL of the game in Engrish (apart from some menu and item names and such)?

Engrish > English because it is funnier XD

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, PaperMagician's is based off Kazo's v5, so mine will have more Engrish than his.
But his will be 100%, while I'm translating very slowly.

D

Deleted User

Ah, right. As long as I get something to laugh to, I'm happy
smile.gif
I'd rather something funny than an accurate translation, myself xD

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nadrian, I think they meant Katakana.

And can you please change the title of the thread? The title I want is in the OP. Crap, didn't notice you weren't Hadrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?