Status
Not open for further replies.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
im confused and there isn't time to read through countless pages of forums....what is this new patch? and has Raqib12 stopped the production of his patch? whats that all about??

someone please explain whos up to date on all the info??
ta x

1: there's 3 pages in this thread
2: Explained on first post
3:Umm.. you need to read
4: More reading

NeoHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
PaperMagician's
Google English Translation Patch!
Coming soon! (should be done by tomorrow)​
This is a translation patch for HeartGold/SoulSilver intended to translate the whole game using Google Translate.
It will be 99%, is made by "PaperMagician", and is based off Kazo's patch.
Most graphics will not be translated, and may stay Japanese.
(BTW, PaperMagician wrote a program himself that translates the whole script 2 lines/sec)

Image of the translator in action:
screenshotsa.png
I am not PaperMagician, I'm just doing him a favor by linking to it here.
And btw, this may not work, as many people have been having problems editing the script.
I am in contact with PaperMagician, and if he finds that it does not work, then I will close this.

It will be interesting come tommorow when it's out how accurate it will be
wink.gif

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, cheers for the replies...i see, by countless pages i was referring to Raqib12 translation, which has like 90 pages....!

is google translate actually that good, that it'll leave the patch with a good translation?? seems pretty sweet to me though!

good luck i say.

after a little reading i think the Raqib12 chap has canceled his production, which sucks, cos his translation was amazing, almost everything was in english, even the images were translated. sweet!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishykipper said:
lol, cheers for the replies...i see, by countless pages i was referring to Raqib12 translation, which has like 90 pages....!

is google translate actually that good, that it'll leave the patch with a good translation?? seems pretty sweet to me though!

good luck i say.

after a little reading i think the Raqib12 chap has canceled his production, which sucks, cos his translation was amazing, almost everything was in english, even the images were translated. sweet!

If you looked at the picture or ever used Google Translate you'd know it's terrible. It translates word by word. And since many dialects aren't structured in the same was an English, it's barely understandable.

Just look at the picture. Nothing says translation like "scratching messed up!"

SushiTheLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fishykipper said:

good luck i say.

Google Translate is very badly translated, but it's better than nothing and certainly better than Kanji. Also Kazo has actually started doing the images as well. So since this is based off of Kazo's it may have them too.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
If you looked at the picture or ever used Google Translate you'd know it's terrible. It translates word by word. And since many dialects aren't structured in the same was an English, it's barely understandable.

Just look at the picture. Nothing says translation like "scratching messed up!"
This is only for people who can't wait for a full English version.
If you read it a certain way, it'll make sense.

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SushiTheLegend said:
fishykipper said:

good luck i say.

Google Translate is very badly translated, but it's better than nothing and certainly better than Kanji. Also Kazo has actually started doing the images as well. So since this is based off of Kazo's it may have them too.

This is arguable at best. If I just went through the game and replaced random bits of japanese text with random bits of english text, would that be considered better than nothing? Either way, I'm looking forward to this as it might be the best parody translation this year
rolleyes.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
xvirus said:
SushiTheLegend said:
fishykipper said:

good luck i say.

This is arguable at best. If I just went through the game and replaced random bits of japanese text with random bits of english text, would that be considered better than nothing? Either way, I'm looking forward to this as it might be the best parody translation this year
rolleyes.gif

POKEMON: WRITE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE EDITION

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
xvirus said:
SushiTheLegend said:
fishykipper said:

good luck i say.

rolleyes.gif

POKEMON: WRITE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE EDITION

Today we join our Star Trainer Naruto on his quest to capture all the mystical pokemans in his dragonballs!

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am honestly more excited for this than the other translations, because I seriously believe that I will get more entertainment out of it.

Wow... this is... great.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i say you should use the spanish patch as your base.google can't translate japanese very well but it does an excellent job at translating spanish.this spanish patch has story translated upto 3rd gym and if you use that ,at least the dialogues upto goldenrod should be flawless.trust me google translated ''spanish to english'' is very very good.

bol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man... I'm going to download this just to laugh at it.
I have used google translate before for various stuff... It is funny.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bol said:
Man... I'm going to download this just to laugh at it.
I have used google translate before for various stuff... It is funny.
lame of you a least hes trying cmon asses if you dont like it them dont post

AZBigbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trigger_Happy said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I hate having fun. This patch is stupid. Wah, PaperMagician is an idiot for making a silly project.

Stop posting in this thread then. Get out.

Oh come on, I know there was enough typed sarcasm in that post to not be missed

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AZBigbear said:
Trigger_Happy said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I hate having fun. This patch is stupid. Wah, PaperMagician is an idiot for making a silly project.

Stop posting in this thread then. Get out.

Oh come on, I know there was enough typed sarcasm in that post to not be missed

CLEARLY I did not detect his sarcasm from his first two posts. Excuse me while I update it. What's the latest firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.