Paper Mario: The Origami King officially announced

There's a new Paper Mario game, which got a trailer shadow-dropped by Nintendo today. Titled Paper Mario: The Origami King, it features the paper style you're used to, mixed in with origami crafts. In the trailer, you can see various worlds Mario must explore, along with partners, some game mechanics, and even the battle system. Nintendo claims that The Origami King will be a comedic adventure starring familiar faces with a new look. The game will be releasing for the Nintendo Switch on July 17th.

14th May, 2020 – Are you ready for your fun to in-crease tenfold? Well, a special invitation to a colourful, paper-crafted world has arrived. Join Princess Peach, Mario and Luigi in attending the kingdom’s origami festival when Paper Mario: The Origami King launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on 17th July. There’s one tiny wrinkle in the festivities, though: Princess Peach seemed to be acting a little strange lately. To learn more about her mysterious behaviour, check out the Paper Mario: The Origami King - Arriving July 17th! (Nintendo Switch) trailer on the Nintendo YouTube channel. Also, early purchasers can pre-load the game today from Nintendo eShop.

It seems as if King Olly – who claims to be the ruler of the Origami Kingdom – has hatched a devious plot in unleashing his plan to fold the entire world. It looks pretty dangerous on paper, so someone who’s a cut above the rest is needed to save the day! In Paper Mario: The Origami King Mario faces one of his most thrilling challenges yet. Just when matters couldn’t get worse, King Olly has bound Princess Peach’s Castle in giant, coloured streamers and transported it to a distant mountain. He’s even transformed Bowser’s minions into Folded Soldiers and enlisted them in his treacherous cause.

Luckily, Mario is equipped with a range of new tools at his disposal to help secure victory. A new ability called 1000-Fold Arms allows players to interact with the landscape by stretching out and pulling, peeling and revealing new locations, helping you solve puzzles and uncover unexpected surprises. Along the way, players will enlist the help of allies old and new, such as King Olly’s very own good-natured sister, Olivia, along with a range of unlikely allies. Even Bowser himself hasn’t yet folded to the whims of King Olly’s origami will, and Mario will accept all the help he can find with open arms!

Paper Mario: The Origami King introduces a new ring-based battle system that allows players to flex their puzzle-solving skills to line up scattered enemies and maximise damage. While the enemies may be crafted from paper, these dynamic, turn-based battles are far from stationary. It’ll require a sharp mind to make short work of these crafty enemies.

With a detail-rich world to explore, off-the-wall mini-game events and countless mysteries waiting to be solved, the next joyful Mario adventure on Nintendo Switch is ready to deliver huge helpings of laughs.

Early purchasers can pre-load the game today from Nintendo eShop. With so many titles available on Nintendo Switch, using Nintendo eShop’s Wish List function can be a good way to keep track of them. Now, to make it even more convenient, it’s possible to access, manage and add games to a Nintendo Switch Wish List via the official Nintendo website. Find out more on this new feature on the Nintendo Switch Wish List page via our website.

Paper Mario: The Origami King launches for Nintendo Switch on 17th July. Join Princess Peach, Mario and Luigi in attending the kingdom’s origami festival and explore a detail-rich world with off-the-wall mini-game events and countless mysteries waiting to be solved.

maxresdefault.jpg

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i blindly hated on sonic forces on its reveal trailer, said it was shit... and look i was right
Yeah, but that was continuing a gameplay formula that had been going down in quality.
This is actually a new battle system and crud that's more in line with the older games (the ones people LIKE).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am fortunate to not be blind. You have insulted blind people, shame on you.
Blindly (adverb):
a) as if blind, without seeing or noticing
b) without reasoning or questioning
You're demonstrating definition B- hating on the new battle system before we have more knowledge of it than a minute and a half of footage.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but that was continuing a gameplay formula that had been going down in quality.
This is actually a new battle system and crud that's more in line with the older games (the ones people LIKE).
mean while south park the stick of truth lifted the battle system from the older games and improved on what worked instead of trying to unsuccessfully innovate with it... It didnt even look bad at first but the timer just killed all my hype. Plus the unreal engine 5 trailer already stole all my money

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mean while south park the stick of truth lifted the battle system from the older games and improved on what worked instead of trying to unsuccessfully innovate with it... It didnt even look bad at first but the timer just killed all my hype. Plus the unreal engine 5 trailer already stole all my money
dude the timer is just so that you can't rotate the rings as much as you want all the time
besides, the "buy more time" option from the gameplay footage seems like it'll be easy to do considering the obscene amount of money mario has throughout

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude the timer is just so that you can't rotate the rings as much as you want all the time
besides, the "buy more time" option from the gameplay footage seems like it'll be easy to do considering the obscene amount of money mario has throughout
what makes you think that they won't make the prices extremely expensive to accomodate for the larger money you'll get
i said this in a previous thread and ill say it again
"that's not fixing the problem, that's just delaying the inevitable"

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what makes you think that they won't make the prices extremely expensive to accomodate for the larger money you'll get
i said this in a previous thread and ill say it again
"that's not fixing the problem, that's just delaying the inevitable"
this fixes the problem of color splash both having little to no strategy and taking way too long to make your move.
if you really need more time just to line up enemies, then that's your problem.
besides, have paper mario games ever been known for their brutal difficulty? this likely won't cause any problems in terms of battle difficulty.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this fixes the problem of color splash both having little to no strategy and taking way too long to make your move.
if you really need more time just to line up enemies, then that's your problem.
besides, have paper mario games ever been known for their brutal difficulty? this likely won't cause any problems in terms of battle difficulty.
no theyve been known for their simple and intuitive battle systems that makes fighting enemies feel fresh and fun rather than a chore.
if nintendo wanted to limit the time you had in a battle they can always just go candy crush style and limit the moves you can make rather than have a timer watching over you- that way you can have more time to think about what moves to make while still conserving your energy rather than making rash and quick decisions that will just give you a game over
this is what advance wars did and it worked excellently

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't help but think that if this game doesn't come with some kind of construction paper origami labo kit tie in that it will be a totally missed opportunity
would be cool t have an origami mushroom that interacts with a joycon somehow to do something

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A trailer announcement of a game now could mean that a direct is close so they can show more there. I hope so.. I want a real direct.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want amazing writing. Thousand Year Door was great all around. Heck, Super Paper Mario may have been lacking a little in the gameplay department, it still had great writing.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One of the best things about this announcement is also one of the most worrying for me!... I'm loving the 'here's a new game from us! With gameplay footage! And a release date in 2 months!' - bravo Nintendo!! ....But the simple fact that it's appeared out of nowhere (okay, we'd heard Paper Mario rumours, but you get my point!) yet will be released in a couple of months? I get the sinking feeling it's gonna be another Sticker Star-like pile of shit....:sad:

Aside from that, Highlight = Metroid hat! Which kinda gives weight to my point above I suppose...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1