Paper Mario: The Origami King officially announced

There's a new Paper Mario game, which got a trailer shadow-dropped by Nintendo today. Titled Paper Mario: The Origami King, it features the paper style you're used to, mixed in with origami crafts. In the trailer, you can see various worlds Mario must explore, along with partners, some game mechanics, and even the battle system. Nintendo claims that The Origami King will be a comedic adventure starring familiar faces with a new look. The game will be releasing for the Nintendo Switch on July 17th.

14th May, 2020 – Are you ready for your fun to in-crease tenfold? Well, a special invitation to a colourful, paper-crafted world has arrived. Join Princess Peach, Mario and Luigi in attending the kingdom’s origami festival when Paper Mario: The Origami King launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on 17th July. There’s one tiny wrinkle in the festivities, though: Princess Peach seemed to be acting a little strange lately. To learn more about her mysterious behaviour, check out the Paper Mario: The Origami King - Arriving July 17th! (Nintendo Switch) trailer on the Nintendo YouTube channel. Also, early purchasers can pre-load the game today from Nintendo eShop.

It seems as if King Olly – who claims to be the ruler of the Origami Kingdom – has hatched a devious plot in unleashing his plan to fold the entire world. It looks pretty dangerous on paper, so someone who’s a cut above the rest is needed to save the day! In Paper Mario: The Origami King Mario faces one of his most thrilling challenges yet. Just when matters couldn’t get worse, King Olly has bound Princess Peach’s Castle in giant, coloured streamers and transported it to a distant mountain. He’s even transformed Bowser’s minions into Folded Soldiers and enlisted them in his treacherous cause.

Luckily, Mario is equipped with a range of new tools at his disposal to help secure victory. A new ability called 1000-Fold Arms allows players to interact with the landscape by stretching out and pulling, peeling and revealing new locations, helping you solve puzzles and uncover unexpected surprises. Along the way, players will enlist the help of allies old and new, such as King Olly’s very own good-natured sister, Olivia, along with a range of unlikely allies. Even Bowser himself hasn’t yet folded to the whims of King Olly’s origami will, and Mario will accept all the help he can find with open arms!

Paper Mario: The Origami King introduces a new ring-based battle system that allows players to flex their puzzle-solving skills to line up scattered enemies and maximise damage. While the enemies may be crafted from paper, these dynamic, turn-based battles are far from stationary. It’ll require a sharp mind to make short work of these crafty enemies.

With a detail-rich world to explore, off-the-wall mini-game events and countless mysteries waiting to be solved, the next joyful Mario adventure on Nintendo Switch is ready to deliver huge helpings of laughs.

Early purchasers can pre-load the game today from Nintendo eShop. With so many titles available on Nintendo Switch, using Nintendo eShop’s Wish List function can be a good way to keep track of them. Now, to make it even more convenient, it’s possible to access, manage and add games to a Nintendo Switch Wish List via the official Nintendo website. Find out more on this new feature on the Nintendo Switch Wish List page via our website.

Paper Mario: The Origami King launches for Nintendo Switch on 17th July. Join Princess Peach, Mario and Luigi in attending the kingdom’s origami festival and explore a detail-rich world with off-the-wall mini-game events and countless mysteries waiting to be solved.

maxresdefault.jpg

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool game or whatever but DOES THAT THING AT THE END MEAN ANYTHING FOR METROID OR WAs it just for funnies???
Yeh mayb the next thing nintendo show is a trailer of tht samus appearing and everyone thinking shit its prime 4 but then it appears as the trilogy remasters:lol: which is no bad thing though

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bringing the stickers back, overexaggerating the paper artstyle, mario still has a 2 frame walk cycle...
And now this new ring battle system
the only way you could be hyped for this is if you're blinded by nostalgia- there's no way nintendo isn't going to screw up this next game
The ring thing proves it to already be a real mess up.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well part 1 to the supposed Mario Anniversary start :hrth:
Hopefully it does go back to the roots of a more RPG style keeping the fingers crossed

also love the name and the sound is top notch very cinematic once again

Last edited by Teletron1,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell even asked for this crap? I'm actually dumbfound right now
boi people been asking for a new Paper Mario game without the sticker system since Sticker Star came out
you're ignoring an entire fanbase

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is like Pokémon, people will buy it because "maybe it will be good this time".
Hi! Would you be willing to take my survey on the reasons behind blind and unhelpful hate?

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OMG! Yesss! Finally! And only 2 months away ... :lol:

I'm ready, my switch is ready, my sd card is ready, my internet is ready...

Love this series, even loved color splash despite the battle system, this seems to have gone in a more interesting direction regarding that, so... no more spoiling! Cant wait.

Edit: So much negativity, you guys haven't even played it, assume positive unless proven negative, not the other way around.

Last edited by frankGT,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The circle looks big enough for more than just Mario, so hopefully playable partners are the case.

Anyway, I wonder if the M&L RPG guys helped with this game.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh..."ring-based?"

Don't tell me you use fucking hula-hoops as weapons! XD
...no.
IDK if this was a joke but the ring system seems neat.
Mario's in the middle, and around you are four concentric rings, each with ten spots for enemies.
You get chances to rotate the rings to line up enemies for increased damage as well as getting to attack more enemies in a turn.
Aside from that it's basically the classic RPG system.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mario's in the middle, and around you are four concentric rings, each with ten spots for enemies.
You get chances to rotate the rings to line up enemies for increased damage as well as getting to attack more enemies in a turn.
Aside from that it's basically the classic RPG system.
we just wanted a normal battle system like TTYD. and they couldn't even do that...nintendo are fucking useless these days

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we just wanted a normal battle system like TTYD. and they couldn't even do that...nintendo are fucking useless these days
1) wow you sure are being rather extreme over one specific thing you wanted and didn't get
2) dude this basically is the standard battle system but with a new thing that ADDS to it

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's a new Paper Mario game, which got a trailer shadow-dropped by Nintendo today. Titled Paper Mario: The Origami King, it features the paper style you're used to, mixed in with origami crafts. In the trailer, you can see various worlds Mario must explore, along with partners, some game mechanics, and even the battle system. Nintendo claims that The Origami King will be a comedic adventure starring familiar faces with a new look. The game will be releasing for the Nintendo Switch on July 17th.

from the trailer on its own it does look like a step in the right direction at least. Though I personally am going to wait for the reviews on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?