Hardware PAL Wii connection to input TV

pplucky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
rip-it-up said:
You can try play.com just type in rgb wii.
2 options come up
the nintendo one(havent used it, But i had the gamecube version and it did auto switch)
i bought the joytech one and had no problems with it, and it also did auto swicthing (plus it had extra audio cables for a amp etc)As my TV will probably be replaced one of these days, I'm a bit reluctant in spending money in a cable which will become quickly useless. Do you think that buying a RCA to SCART adaptor (like this one here) would do the trick?
I know this would not improve the quality of the signal from the Wii to the TV, but would it be able to switch signal automatically (as pin 8 is there, unlike the RCA to SCART adapter that came with the Wii)?

QUOTE(rip-it-up @ Dec 30 2010, 03:39 AM) I use component cables now as i have a hdtv, but the pisture was nice and clear on my sd tv back in the day.
I suppose, in a near future, I will also do.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
As my TV will probably be replaced one of these days, I'm a bit reluctant in spending money in a cable which will become quickly useless. Do you think that buying a RCA to SCART adaptor (like this one here) would do the trick?
I know this would not improve the quality of the signal from the Wii to the TV, but would it be able to switch signal automatically (as pin 8 is there, unlike the RCA to SCART adapter that came with the Wii)?

I'm 99% certain it will not do the autoswitching - physical presence of the pin means nothing if there are no electronics to drive it... heaps of the right type of cable on eBay delivered for under £5/€6/$8 worldwide...

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I bought a couple of official Nintendo RGB cables from Game for either £0.99p or £1.99 a couple of years back - I would've thought anywhere that had stock of RGB cables would be selling them off cheap.

For the price (and increase in video quality) I'd definitely buy one - I can't believe there are people still using composite these days.

The difference between 576i/480i via RGB SCART and 480p via Component RGB isn't that big anyway - there is a much bigger difference between composite and RGB.

pplucky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

At the end, I bought the official Nintendo RGB Scart cable from Play.com, from an international PlayTrade seller. The only thing was that the cable brought no packaging and no papers (but that was already stated in the website), still it looks to me as original.

Now another question... 576i (50Hz) or 480i (60Hz), what do you think?

What do you advise me to check the huge difference mentioned by some users between composite and RGB Scart? Which game should I try?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok