Option to enable multi quote notifications

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Up until a few months ago we were notified whenever one of our quotes were posted, including when our quoted quote was quoted ( :P), or a 'pyramid quote' as some called it. If I remember correctly some members found this irritating and the feature was removed.

Personally I was of the opposite opinion and I have since missed when people have replied to a conversation started by me, thus I do not get to read what others have to say if I happen to not check the topic. I was wondering whether it would be possible to add an option in the User CP to re-enable this feature.

Thanks,
Wizzerzak.

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record, if you take a look at the quoting code when you reply, nested quotes include "nonotify" which, at least for the meantime could be manually removed.

Any guesses as to what that will do? :ninja:

Of course, that is an hassle.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Agreed.

Another way around this temporarily is to just follow the topics. While you'll get notified whenever there's a reply, you'll at least be able to keep up with the conversation. I have it set to auto-follow all topics I post in so I can reply quickly in help topics and such.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is kinda a closed issue, can i ask another question/pose request? Is it possible to "unfollow" or whatever a certain person's status? Say I make a comment on a status and then i get my answer or whatever, and then 20 more people have a conversation there. Is there a way to stop receiving notifications for that specific status without just turning off my status reply notifications?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1