Hacking One Piece: Unlimited Adventure problem?

SS4

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the customizable USB loader installed by ModMii. Now everytime i run the game if i watch the first cutscene it freezes at the part where Luffy picks up that blue crystal ball he fished.

I can skip the cutscene and play the game just fine though, and I havent played alot so i dunno if other cutscenes have issues as well.

Now did I just get a bad torrent or is this a know issue with the game coz I went through the game issue database I found on this website but there is no mention of any problem with the game liste under: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (NTSC).

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_Compatibility_Table/O
or
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_Compatibility_Table
for the whole list.

I wonder if that list is out of date coz some games are listed as having issues but they work fine on my end...

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Push the + button and skip the video. I had the same issue with the rip I have, so I just skipped the video and everything has been fine so far. Im around 20 hours into the game atm

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure [Wii] [NTSC] [PROPER] is the rip Im using

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unlimited Adventure intro hangs on all PAL Wiis (at the boat scene).
just skip it, that's the only problem. I completed the game without any other freeze.

Unlimited Adventure doesn't contain PAL signal at all, and needed the video signal patched manually (with WiiGenericPatcher or video Mode Changer).
But with USBLoaders it's not needed anymore, just force to PAL if the video is not working (green screen at launch).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyan said:
Unlimited Adventure intro hangs on all PAL Wiis (at the boat scene).
just skip it, that's the only problem. I completed the game without any other freeze.

Unlimited Adventure doesn't contain PAL signal at all, and needed the video signal patched manually (with WiiGenericPatcher or video Mode Changer).
But with USBLoaders it's not needed anymore, just force to PAL if the video is not working (green screen at launch).

You still don't understand how the video mode stuff works, do you? If the game doesn't contain PAL video mode, then forcing the game to run in PAL is exactly what will result in a green screen freeze. Just run the game with disc video mode on all Wiis, and it will work, and it's the same for almost if not all games. If you get color issues with that, and only then, forcing PAL(your tv's region) in combination with some sort of video mode patch is worth mentioning.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
There were some bad dumps of One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (NTSC) that had the intro video problem. However there was a fixed dump released that 100% works.

The only way to fix this problem is get a proper 1:1 release of the game...sorry I don't remember the release group that released the fixed version or it might have been a site specific release. As long as it's 1:1.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
You still don't understand how the video mode stuff works, do you? If the game doesn't contain PAL video mode, then forcing the game to run in PAL is exactly what will result in a green screen freeze. Just run the game with disc video mode on all Wiis, and it will work, and it's the same for almost if not all games. If you get color issues with that, and only then, forcing PAL(your tv's region) in combination with some sort of video mode patch is worth mentioning.
You are right, I guess I mixed things.
I thought forcing the video was also adding missing signal like when using video mode patcher.
And I also thought that One piece needed the PAL signal to actually work on PAL Wiis, and that it didn't launch if PAL wasn't included.

But that was only because that NTSC game launched from Disc Channel didn't have a PAL mode listed in the available signal that it didn't work, and USBloaders just use listed video signal now.
(When I actually played it, I used the disc Channel).

And the fact is I already know that, I was just confused because of the manual patch I did on that disc ages ago.
When Dimok set the video mode to "console default" on GX2.0 a lot of users had the blackscreen at launch with imported games, and I often recommended to users to put "game default" back in the main settings.

Sorry for misunderstanding and confusing the users
unsure.gif

edit (due to user liking my message in 2018) :
I added a way for USBLoaderGX (update to latest version) to patch the internal video mode of the dol, effectively adding missing video modes to games (not just setting the console's video mode).
enabling "dol video patch" to all, will patch the dol to add the same video signal into the dol than the setting you chose for the console. matching video mode will have more success rate to fix black screen issues.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: CrazyMaxx

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No problem. "Forcing" a video mode in a loader is nothing else than just switching to that video mode before booting the game. And the disc channel always uses the wii's region video mode, which is the reason why lots of import games do not work in the disc channel*. I can't tell this often enough, >95% of games work on all regions without any special settings, they just need to be booted in the video mode of the game's region. As far as i can see it, PAL and US Wiis do not have any different hardware, the region is only a software thing. Korean Wiis are something else, because of the different common key, but i don't care much about them.

*Maybe my knowledge is years behind in this, but last time i checked there wasn't any priiloader hack to load games with the correct video mode.

SS4

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sory for not replying in a while but yah, i did like Slimmmmm said and got a different NTSC copy and now it doesnt freeze anymore.

And regarding the NTSC vs PAL problem its not the hardware (well the Wii are same but not the TVs
tongue.gif
) its the signal to the TV which use a different refresh rate. Dunno why they use 50 instead of 60, thats so stupid in this day an age with HD and high FPS games to display on 60 instead of 120hz.... now 50 is just weird imo ^^

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SS4 said:
Sory for not replying in a while but yah, i did like Slimmmmm said and got a different NTSC copy and now it doesnt freeze anymore.

And regarding the NTSC vs PAL problem its not the hardware (well the Wii are same but not the TVs
tongue.gif
) its the signal to the TV which use a different refresh rate. Dunno why they use 50 instead of 60, thats so stupid in this day an age with HD and high FPS games to display on 60 instead of 120hz.... now 50 is just weird imo ^^

I just love that HD sports events here in germany use 1080i50...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok