ROM Hack One Piece Gigant Battle 2 New World JP->ENG

MDrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone I wanted to expose a small problem, as in the image you see my mistake in plain sight

adm1xk.jpg
I managed to shrink to the point where the characters enter the ASCII, my problem and I can not remove that "Text0" when I run the rom, that is, the game takes you where no one knows and puts it at the beginning of my sentences translated, someone direct me know in the right way to shave that damn "Text0"??

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am confused. Can you perhaps show which file that "text 0" is in? It could be a simple pointer problem or an in game scripting engine goof. the only way to tell is to track which file it is in. The other part I am confused about is that you are only concerned by the "text0" when I would think its the ascii text not showing up that would be the bigger worry. which form the look of it is just not having the font edited to support single byte letters. if indeed it is a single byte letter thing could you please identify the font file in question... (for ease in finding it in case I look later).
either way I would like to know what file you edited that caused this.

MDrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am confused. Can you perhaps show which file that "text 0" is in? It could be a simple pointer problem or an in game scripting engine goof. the only way to tell is to track which file it is in. The other part I am confused about is that you are only concerned by the "text0" when I would think its the ascii text not showing up that would be the bigger worry. which form the look of it is just not having the font edited to support single byte letters. if indeed it is a single byte letter thing could you please identify the font file in question... (for ease in finding it in case I look later).
either way I would like to know what file you edited that caused this.

So I try to explain better, thanks to my friend, I managed to change the font with the JAP OPGB2 EUR OPGB1, that is very very obvious I got the font in this European path (\ data \ fonts \ opjefont.aft) and I changed the name as the Japanese (\ data \ fonts \ opjkfont.aft), here is the reason why you see all these strange characters.

that "Text0" appears only when about to start the mission, goal as: "30 seconds to win!", that "Text0" is overwritten to "30 seconds to win."

the file where you can find the basic objectives of the missions are here "\ data \ menu \ battleinformation \ BattleInfoStr_SJIS.bin", but inside as well as the pointers of the various phrases and references to names and / or numbers, but I have not noticed no other particular as regards to the "Text0" sticking out of the blue

MDrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as an Italian I show the example
the lens with the "Text0" overwritten

dzt2c5.jpg

phrase hex

10ofvdk.jpg

pointers phrases

2a6mbo0.jpg

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
well, as it seems you have an understanding of pointers. I would assume you have double checked and everything points to the right spot. Which leaves other things to check. Viewing this same stuff in memory and seeing there if something funky is happening. also to check what errors may be happening in game while playing at this part. just to make sure that there isn't more you need to check into here. Next and probably the easiest option is to find said "text0" and fill it with null bytes(00) or spaces wherever it is in the rom. Hopefully that will get rid of your overlapping text display.
It could be as simple as a control code goof up (almost the same thing as scripting engine trouble). But I would think the easiest way to get rid of that(the text0) is to - get rid of it.

MDrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think and I say I think that "error" is inside of this folder "" \ data \ menu \ battleinformation \ "", where there are several file.bin and one file.aar, I think that "Text0" is inside, but I would probably bullshit if I open in HEX and try the word "Text", although I will not be written as" Text0 "but will point somewhere else where I do not know where to look , mistake or not?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
well the only way to be sure is to do a memory dump and search for it in 2 byte, single byte and as many codepages as would make sense. I would assume as it only appeared after the font edit that it is in letters in the new font. So use the table from that font to make it and then search for it (in memory).

MDrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it is exact only appeared when I changed the font

a question: when you tell me what you mean to check the memory?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
use haste emuhaste or any other memory viewer and "dump" it then search that dump for the text in question. You could also dump from a couple of the emulators but I prefer to have actual dump files from emuhaste... (that is just me)...
But I also suggest you debug with a debugging emulator. If possible set a breakpoint before that text, file or around where the first "text0" appears and see exactly what is going on with the game (this may mean looking up some asm commands if you haven't done that before - don't worry its not as scary as it sounds...)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
okay hmmm... maybe I should get you to look up searching the ds memory for strings. (in Italiano as I don't speak it)...
Like I said - the easiest thing to do here is find "text0" then null byte it or put spaces where it is. If that doesn't work than you need to debug and figure out what is going on at when that text0 appears. both of which I may not be able to explain to you the right way. if you can find it in memory than you can write an action replay code to null byte it out (at the very least assuming there is only 1"text0"). I don't know what else to say other than asking for a patch so I can look for myself.

Gegegenokitaro13

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can I translate One Piece Giant Battle 2 game
Post automatically merged:

How can I translate One Piece Giant Battle 2 game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users