Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like constructive criticism. :) How about something like this then?

Cover/Info is interchangeable with the B button. Grid and List views are interchangeable by clicking the button to the right of the SD card info. The button to the left of it would reload the SD card (for hot swapping).

Curm0Zv.png

RUnAaID.png

that looks amazing, really realy good work. I hope this can go into loadiine, maybe as a second option to the coverflow.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like @fiveighteen second mockup, couple of things, i love the background art but its barely visible, it will probably be nice on the tv and gamepad, but i like the layout a lot.

One thing i would really like, just personally. Is to have loadiine default 'A' to launch game, it would default to mii maker mode, but a per game setting to tell it what to use to play if you wanted it to use smash or any other game instead. Just a thought. Maybe global settings could define what the default launch method is. I think this would also clean up the UI a bit by not having multiple buttons saying to launch with mii maker press x, for smash press a, or b to return to home menu etc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@EclipseSin
Is that for the TV or gamepad? or both identical (mirror)?
if it's not mirrored, I think we need a way to swap the displays (for users who don't use TV). so maybe a button or something on the gamepad to do it.

@fiveighteen, I like you design, but I would use the buttons differently.
Currently A/X/Y are all different launching method, but I think we should merge them to free the buttons to other purpose.
I think it's more natural to have A confirm and B cancel.

Also, I don't like pressing A and launching games right away. I would prefer a confirm dialog, like USBGX : select the game -> open a window with "start" and "options"

for example:
A : Confirm
B : Cancel
Y : switch Game info/Game cover etc. (option button, could have different effects based on the current menu)
X : cycle through the launch methods (if not a setting) : autoboot from Disc (not necessarily SSB! art academy too), Autoboot from channel (not necessarily MiiMaker! karaoke too), no autoboot (mount and exit to system menu)

At best, the launch method could be a (per game) setting instead of selecting it when launching the game. freeing X for yet another function.
X : Swap display layout caroussel <-> your design<->another design, or simply swap TV<->gamepad and the design is selected in the settings (good enough, no need to switch designed that often)
+ : free button for something else

Edit: Ah, I see Skater already suggested the same thing :P

The game title is fitting because it's Yoshi, but some titles are very long. maybe it's not the best place to put it, or it will need some scrolling effect or multi-line.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just because i had nearly finished it the other day, just had to throw a few icons in, but here was my rough nooby layout
TV
image.png

GamePad
drc.png
im more of a fan of the cram as many in one screen for faster game choosing and have the top screen for show but slower for actual finding of games, also figured that selecting "bootmode" would be more practical than having like 2-5 buttons linked to a single function

as for "info", i find it quite rare i ever feel the need to readup on a game i have on my storage, if i have it i probably already know what it is XD

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's nice too.
Except I would replace Y to Settings instead of Toggle server. (it will probably have more settings later)
(like auto TCPgecko patch, or nnu patch, Change Loadiine layout, etc.)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love the background art but its barely visible
If it was any more visible I think it would be too distracting from the text in the menus.

... have loadiine default 'A' to launch game, it would default to mii maker mode, but a per game setting to tell it what to use to play if you wanted it to use smash or any other game instead. Just a thought. Maybe global settings could define what the default launch method is.
Currently A/X/Y are all different launching method, but I think we should merge them to free the buttons to other purpose.

At best, the launch method could be a (per game) setting instead of selecting it when launching the game. freeing X for yet another function.
Great idea. I think a per-game config should be possible? Just store it on the SD and load it when the game is highlighted. We wouldn't need a Cancel unless there was a confirmation popup to load the game (there isn't one in Loadiine v4.0 but dimok could always add one). So as it sits now:
A : Launch
B : Switch between Grid/List view
X : Switch Game Info/Game Cover
Y : If the TV just had the bootTvTex.tga as the background with a simple cover flow (like dimok already illustrated), this button could swap the TV and Game Pad.
Select : Game Settings
Start: Global Settings

Can we remap the TV button to swap screens? I'd like that instead of the Y button while in the Loadiine menu.

Is that for the TV or gamepad? or both identical (mirror)?
Mine is just mirrored. I think a lot of people use it without the TV anyways. *shrugs* See above about using the Y or TV button for basic coverflow.

in the mockups, maybe you should also think of a way to launch the inserted disc (to bypass updates without spoof) and not only the backups. Maybe the first game from the list would be a disc icon.
Can this actually be done in Loadiine?

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: Azel

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can this actually be done in Loadiine?
not yet, but I hope it will be added. it's just launching the disc channel without redirection.
But I removed that from my post, I think it's more up to the development team to add it, you don't have to worry about it in the design (unless you reserve a static space for disc launching, but that would waste the available space)

Can we remap the TV button to swap screens?
I don't think so, that button is part of the gamepad firmware and is enabled even when the console is shutdown. it would always display the remote emulator.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not yet, but I hope it will be added. it's just launching the disc channel without redirection.

I don't think so, that button is part of the gamepad firmware and is enabled even when the console is shutdown. it would always display the remote emulator.
I'll add in a disc channel placeholder. True, but maybe we could hook the function and override it while in Loadiine?

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@luan43
I have a PNY 128gb Class 10.
Very fast!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@liomajor
Yes.. many files and long loading times.
when i start the game with the Pro Controller it takes a lot of time to start , but when usíng gamepad it dont take so long :/

From Loadiine->Start Game to Main Menu 20 Sec
But to start a race took me 15 Min:nayps3:

Last edited by moops44,

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im loving the ideas floating around here for the GUI. Really great stuff. Thanks for chiming in @Cyan . Is @dimok around? He could tell us what is even possible in the coding side. Or what might be easier to do vs take something crazy on the back end to make work.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming dimok adds:
  1. Per-game configuration
  2. Confirmation screen
A : Select, or Launch on confirmation screen
B : Switch Boot Mode, or Cancel on confirmation screen
X : Switch View Mode (List/Grid)
Y : Swap TV/Game Pad (haven't made a mock for coverflow on TV)
Select : Global Settings, or Game Settings on confirmation screen

Tap the SD card information to reload SD (for hot swap).

Version 3:
List View:
zlkN6je.png

Grid View:
zBZHd9W.png

Confirmation Screen:
gHvd6TX.png

Version 4 here

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Little Swinner

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The wrench is just a basic wrench, nothing fancy. Just whipped it up quick cause I couldn't think of a design I liked. It'll probably be different later.

As for the other stuff, I agree with the scrolling and box manipulation, but I want this on my gamepad. xD I hardly use my TV with my U, unless the game requires me to use it. Preferably, I would want X to swap screens like the home menu anyways eventually. That way we could quick swap between at least two views on the gamepad/tv, with touch/normal controls for each mode.
Yes, github took it down. Now the page is hosted at exploit.wiiubrew.net
I blocked the MAC for internet access , for safety I host site local.
where download the latest version?

Last edited by Little Swinner,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?