Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
And that did the trick! Thanks Deathbot64! That is vey interesting, I wonder how many of the other games listed as not working could have some small thing like this being the only thing holding them back (those that aren't too big already that is).
Captain Toad is a special case, not many games seem to have this issue. I wish I had the USA and JPN versions to test and look at the file structure of, just to see if they have a similar problem running on an out-of-region system. The EUR version seems to be the only one in the wild.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have dumped the US Captain Toad, and inside the LocalizedData folder is: Common, USen, USes, and USfr. I don't know how this differs from the EU version, as I haven't had a reason to look into it. I also think it was a bad dump, so I haven't shared it anywhere. I will re-dump soon.

Reactions: ByteBite

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, and thanks for hosting this EclipseSin. Its great to have a one stop shop to hit all of the different exploits and their counterparts.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
The latest version of loadiine is on my github under dimok debug. dimok is yesterdays commit for devs. Please report any problems if you use the site.

Just to make this clear!

Dimok{Debug} is the new one he posted today with the code exception handler.

Dimok is the latest actual commit from github with the commit for devs?

Thanks for having a good clean site. Makes it easier when my kids "just" want to play their Wii U and not have Daddy and his "experiments" going on!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to make this clear!

Dimok{Debug} is the new one he posted today with the code exception handler.

Dimok is the latest actual commit from github with the commit for devs?

Thanks for having a good clean site. Makes it easier when my kids "just" want to play their Wii U and not have Daddy and his "experiments" going on!
{dimok} is just the updated version with faster ip selection/scrolling if you use the server.

{dimok debug} is the same but has the exception handler for debugging purposes.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
So I acquired the US version of Captain Toad. This is what happens when I try to run it on a EUR console using Loadiine (ran the latest debug hosted by EclipseSin):

20ucp02.jpg

I imagine a similar error might occur when the EU version is loaded on a US console. Editing the folder names (might be enough to reproduce the error.

Differences between the EUen and USen folders in each version:

- In MessageData, the two files (LayoutMessage.szs and SystemMessage.szs) only have a small size difference
- In LayoutData, the EU version's FontData.szs is 301.522 bytes but in the US version its 5.582.548 bytes

Reactions: paulloeduardo

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get Yoshis_Woolly_World_EUR_WiiU-VENOM to load pass the controller screen on a US console. Using Dimok versions (self hosting) Using: dimok789 loadiine 17-10-15 09-50
Any help would be great.

Last edited by karloz25,

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
{dimok} is just the updated version with faster ip selection/scrolling if you use the server.

{dimok debug} is the same but has the exception handler for debugging purposes.

There is no need to make a difference as the exception handler only registers and comes up if something went wrong. Its gonna stay in the sources so just hosting the last commit with the exception handler is enough. It does not harm playing games where no exception occurs. An exception will hang your WiiU in any case wether you catch it and print it out to screen first or not.

Reactions: oumoumad

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will update the first post to add new version and install information.
Could everyone with public hosting give me their URLs? I'll add them too.
thanks

edit:
I added some URLs I could find in this thread. If you want to add your public URLs, let me know.

I added some tutorials, some install layout and FAQ.
If you see something missing I'll add it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When a kernel exploit will be released. so it's not the right thread.
first you need an exploit released for 5.5.0 before being able to use homebrew on that version.

edit: :ninja:'d

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no need to make a difference as the exception handler only registers and comes up if something went wrong. Its gonna stay in the sources so just hosting the last commit with the exception handler is enough. It does not harm playing games where no exception occurs. An exception will hang your WiiU in any case wether you catch it and print it out to screen first or not.
It's always good to have a backup incase a commit breaks something. easier than recompiling. No need for explanations. Thanks anyways. I do things my own way for my own reasons.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
having a backup is a good idea.
instead of normal and debug (as all next release will contain the debug function), maybe something like "latest and previous" in case the latest commit breaks something.

I added your site as recommended on the first post.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
having a backup is a good idea.
instead of normal and debug (as all next release will contain the debug function), maybe something like "latest and previous" in case the latest commit breaks something.
Yea, its going to get redone, i just didnt have time yet. Apparently snes injection works on golden45 so I'll let that one up for now too. But it will likely to change to this.

The reason it says debug cause it originally had Maschell's modification in that one.

Edit: I updated the index just now. I liked your idea. Whole page will still be revamped eventually. Just saying. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol