Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source

Capcom trademarked "Okamiden" a while back. People initally thought "hot tits a new Okami game?" and they were right.

43874552.jpg

It looks more like an original game for the DS. Clover Studios developed the original but they are no more and while most of the core people formed Platinum Games, I doubtthat they are involved seeing that they are bust making games for Sega. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.

While I wanted a Wii sequel I am more than happy to see this for the DS. For those who wanted a Legend of Zelda 3D title on the DS, this will be the next best thing. For a lot of people Okami beat the shit out of Twilight Princess. Hopefully it'll play well on DS and wont give us all severe hand cramp like most 3D titles.

Update:
Details
- Full title: Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou
- new wolf: Chibiterasu
- events take place a few months after the end of Okami
- Issun is accompanying Chibiterasu to meet up with Sakuya, as Sakuya wants to ask Chibiterasu for help
- combat system similar to the original Okami
- draw lines to slash enemies, circle trees to make them grow/bloom
- partner characters for Chibiterasu to work with
- partner will both aid and hinder you, bringing up puzzles that you have to solve in order for you and your partner to progress
- one partner revealed: Kuninushi, son of the swordsman Susano
- learn why Susano has a son, when he didn't a few months ago
- producer: Motohide Eshiro
- director: Kuniomi Matsushita
- Matsushita wanted to make a portable Okami, so he made a prototype and showed it to Eshiro. When Eshiro saw the prototype, the team decided to move forward
- Matsushita wants to go portable with Okami in the hopes of getting a bigger audience to experience what the world of Okami is all about
- due out 2010 in Japan

Full page scan:
03961_O25_122_341lo.jpg

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some people will cry foul at this due to the DS' "weakness". But I'm happy about it. I never got to play the original Okami. I'm curious as to whether this is a remake or sequel. I'd assume sequel, but we'll see. Maybe they'll have a video at TGS. The DS has already proven itself to being adept at cel shaded 3D with games like Viewtiful Joe and Dragon Quest. And painting with the stylus will be pretty epic and intuitive.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought the Wii version a while ago. I didn't start playing it yet, but it looks like an interesting game. A DS sequel is always nice.

I wonder if I like Okami better than Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess is without a doubt my favorite Zelda game, so I wouldn't bet on it...

P

pasc

mrfatso said:
nice, the DS is feeling more and more completed every time such a game is being mentioned
biggrin.gif

Totally agreed, I thought the same when gta, kh, code and the others were announced/released.

Damn, the DS is becoming the new PS2 xD.

This game looks fantastic. Hope it works well.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes, yes. Some good news after such a long time. I was hoping for a sequel on the Wii (or even the PS3) but thinking about it, it's going to be amazing on the DS.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
This is a great addition. Only played the PS2 version but it looks perfect for the DS. I mean, you paint. What's better for it than a touch screen? And it's beautiful, non hardcore, graphics will be great for the DS. Amazing.

*adds to waiting list*

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More details:
- Full title: Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou
- new wolf: Chibiterasu
- events take place a few months after the end of Okami
- Issun is accompanying Chibiterasu to meet up with Sakuya, as Sakuya wants to ask Chibiterasu for help
- combat system similar to the original Okami
- draw lines to slash enemies, circle trees to make them grow/bloom
- partner characters for Chibiterasu to work with
- partner will both aid and hinder you, bringing up puzzles that you have to solve in order for you and your partner to progress
- one partner revealed: Kuninushi, son of the swordsman Susano
- learn why Susano has a son, when he didn't a few months ago
- producer: Motohide Eshiro
- director: Kuniomi Matsushita
- Matsushita wanted to make a portable Okami, so he made a prototype and showed it to Eshiro. When Eshiro saw the prototype, the team decided to move forward
- Matsushita wants to go portable with Okami in the hopes of getting a bigger audience to experience what the world of Okami is all about
- due out 2010 in Japan

Kuniomi Matsushita directed Resident Evil 4.

Its great to see Capcom give this another chance, perhaps they could also bring a Zack & Wiki game to the DS to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: