ROM Hack Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!
The goal full translation from japanese to english.

Breif description of the game:
taken from wikipedia
Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji! (おかえり!ちびロボ!ハッピーリッチー大そうじ! lit. "Welcome Home Little Robo! Happy, Rich Big Sweep!"?) is a video game developed by Skip Ltd. for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. It is the third title in the Chibi-Robo! series published by Nintendo. The game is preceded by Chibi-Robo!, originally released on the Nintendo GameCube in 2005, and Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol, released for the Nintendo DS in 2007.

Gameplay

The gameplay in Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji! is similar to the original Chibi-Robo!. The player takes control of the titular character, a 10 centimeter-tall robot whose job is to clean the inside of a house to make his family happy. Chibi-Robo is owned by Jenny from the previous game, who is now all grown up and living in a house with her son Keith and dog Lucky. The game introduces a tiny vacuum cleaner that Chibi-Robo can use to suck up dirt while connected to a power outlet and a tiny sifter used to find gems which can be turned in for money. The player can use the money to buy furniture for the house over a home shopping network using the telephone. The main difference from the original games in the series, is that instead of just having power outlets which let the player charge Chibi-Robo's battery, they need to put rubbish into a trash compactor to get electricity for the outlets.

Changelog:
03/12/2012
dumped text from the following bmg with table 21(or pointer tables):
MsgResAca.bmg
MsgResArm.bmg
MsgResFamily.bmg
MsgResFamily2.bmg
MsgResFamily3.bmg
MsgResFamily4.bmg
MsgResGeo.bmg
MsgResGho.bmg
MsgResHab.bmg
MsgResIbe.bmg
MsgResKet.bmg
MsgResMory.bmg
MsgResSaka.bmg
MsgResSkl.bmg
MsgResSys.bmg
MsgResTonpy.bmg
MsgResTonpy2.bmg

2/19/2012
22 images edited by Retsubty / Broken Cartridge

2/18/2012
images dumped and uploaded

Software/tools used:
Crystaltile2
Tinke
emeditor
openoffice
googledocs
mediafire
emuhaste

Translator(s):
Retsubty

Graphic editor(s):
Broken_Cartridge

Hacker(s):
Rastsan

Text completion:
partial MsgResTonpy2 (11/03/2012)
link to google doc of all the bmg text. EDIT: PLEASE NO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. WE COULD HAVE DONE THAT OURSELVES - WE DID NOT FOR A REASON.

Graphic completion:
21 of 600-ish as of (20/02/2012 9:26 PM)

link to google doc listing completion of graphics(anyone editing images from my okeari mediafire folder please list completion here) and upload those edited images here
link to mediafire folder for dumped images

Links:
Official website (for the game)

If you are looking forward to a patch release or are a supporter of the project hit the like button on this first post. Please DO NOT fill this thread with un-needed support posts or questions on when the patch will get released.

【Disclaimer】As this is a commercial product this game belongs to the copyright holder and or the original maker of said game. Or more specific "All Rights,including the copyrights of Game, Scenario, Music and Program reserved by Nintendo, except those copyrights of the Character CHIBIROBO reserved by Nintendo, BANDAI/NBGI and SKIP. ". The english translated patch, any information contained in this thread or with the patch is only for research study purposes. Organization(s) or individual(s) may not use this product, patch or the information discussed in this thread, released with the patch or otherwise for commercial purposes in any form. I will not bear any responsibility for the consequences arising from other(s) use.

Currently looking for help in figuring out the bmg files in this game.
They at first appear to be very similar to the regular nintendo based bmg files. Unlike the wii bmg files there is no message id section.
Follows fairly closely to the new super mario brothers bmg files. Please see this thread for other chibirobo bmg related goodness.

If you would like to help please p.m. me or post in this thread with what you would like to do.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad this is finally getting a project. However, I don't have much time to help as I'm currently assisting with the Rosario to Vampire translation and trying to juggle that with a social life and a job.

HOWEVER... I do have a roommate who is very interested in Chibi-Robo and if you're in need of someone to test your text edits on a flash card (an R4 original, to be exact), she could probably help with that.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh! It's great to see someone picking up this game! I loved the Park Patrol one! I can't help much apart from rooting for you, hopefully you'll see this through! Thanks! :yaynds:

Reactions: 1 person

Venox2008

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember for how long I was wishing for someone to translate it.. though I am not very good at Japanese or English.. :/ Loved Chibi on Gamecube and Park patrol..

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
honestly its just the type 3 .bmg files. I have asked around for help with this. (just not really much has come of it - just looks like its changing the number of files to big endian order, and dealing with possible odd byte jumps that are confounding me)
retsubty and brokencartridge haven't updated me for a while. So I don't know where they are at with working on what they have got. I haven't received any of brokencartridge's graphic work to insert so I myself cannot start editing graphics without some form of communication from them... As I don't want to do work that has already been done and I kinda want to match their style of work.
Other wise its trying to insert retsubty's translated text. Which is proving problematic and something I haven't worked on for a month. (I do have a life outside of this you know...oh and other projects...)

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For MESGbmg1 file. (This is my assumption from a look at the file. I haven't tested it. It didn't look that complicated but there are codes mixed in with text.)

0x0000 8 bytes MESGbmg1 magic stamp
0x0008 4 bytes Overall file size (*)

0x0020 4 bytes INF1 magic stamp (Not sure if it's always at 0x0020)
0x0024 4 bytes INF1 section size

0x0020+(INF1 section size) 4 bytes DAT1 magic stamp
next 4 bytes DAT1 section size (*)

After the magic stamp INF1, move 0x0010 bytes. (Usually at 0x0030) Then read every 4 bytes for text pointers.

From the start of DAT1 magic stamp, move 8 bytes. That's the start of your text offset.

The ones marked with (*) are what you have to update after you changed your text.

There are other unknown values in INF1 but I'd suggest keep them as is and see if everything comes out okay when you change your text.

Ex. MsgResFamily2.bmg

You can go straight to read the pointers at 0x0030. (0x10 bytes after INF1 stamp.)

You'll get 0001, 0002, 0015, 002C, 0049, 005A, and so on.

Go to start of DAT1 magic stamp. (For programming, if INF1 is always at 0x20 then read INF1 size at 0x24 (=00A0 for this file) and add it to 0x20 (00A0+0020) and you'll get the start of DAT1. (00C0))

Add 8 bytes to start of DAT1 (00C0+0008=00C8). From the pointers from INF1, you'll get.

Offset 0001: [00]
Offset 0002: [1A-06-80-01-00-03]パフパフ~♪[00]
Offset 0015: [1A-06-80-01-00-03]びゃはヘはは!![00]
Offset 002C: [1A-06-80-00-00-0A]ダカダカダカダカ・・・[00]

(Values in [] are raw bytes. They are probably control codes. All text ends with [00] but not everything that end with [00] are text.)

When you program it, you'll have to detect text and codes and output/input them accordingly. (Maybe compare it with the Shift-JIS table. If it's not Shift-JIS text, then it's a code.)

So when you edit the text, update the pointers in INF1. Then update each section size and the overall filesize and it should be okay. (Again, I haven't really tried it, so it might not work. But the pointers and text match perfectly this way.)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
well that explains that. Anyone with experience with programming who understands that - would it be possible to edit the tinke bmg plug-in (under the txt plugin)?
I don't mind going by hand (its just that that many files are gong to take a long time especially the one fairly long one). (I just got into one of my other projects again...sigh)

As to the control codes they are largely figured out already (they follow the wii definition and the previous nds control code definitions link also contains bmg file structure).
With a few additions/exceptions to insert custom graphics, more colors/size within game. (chibi robo, a clock, font, etc...)
Which reminds me I should add to that wiki article with the stuff I have found, and what you have found.

Then I read through again and think wait one or a couple of the files don't quite line up under that... as I already tried adding some to the pointers to see if they line up...meh... maybe its just the/ a second or third section header and needing to add a little more to the pointers.

edit to add control codes:
2564=(#)
2573=(item name)
1A0680000000=(unknown a)
1A0680000003=(color change)
1A068000000A=(color change)
1A0680000014=(unknown b)
1A068000001E=(unknown c)
1A0680010001=(unknown d)
1A0680010002=(unknown e)
1A0680010003=(unknown f)
1A06FF000001=(unknown g)
1A06FF000003=(txt color change)
1A06FF000004=(color green)
1A06FF000005=(unknown h)
1A06FF000007=(Watts #)
1A06FF000009=(day #/time)
1A06FF00000B=(chibipc color)
1A06FF00000D=(txt color white)
1A078004000A=(picture)
1A078004001E00=(unknown i)
1A0A8002000000000000=(unknown j)
1A0A8002000101010304=(unknown k)
1A0A8002000102020304=(unknown m)
1A0A8002000103030203=(unknown l)
252E3166=(#%)
25303264=(time/seconds)
25303564=(accumulated#)

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YES!!!...when this is done..i'll be able to know what the hell the shark in the sink wants!!XDD

this game is what the first Chibi-Robo on DS should have been...and why the fuck it wasn't localized is beyond me :angry:

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YES!!!...when this is done..i'll be able to know what the hell the shark in the sink wants!!XDD
IIRC, he wanted something to eat.

this game is what the first Chibi-Robo on DS should have been...and why the fuck it wasn't localized is beyond me :angry:
It wasn't localized because Park Patrol wasn't as much of a hit as the first Chibi-Robo game.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

It wasn't localized because Park Patrol wasn't as much of a hit as the first Chibi-Robo game.

haha....really?.....:wtf:....*picks it up again*

of course Park Patrol wasn't a hit. It wasn't the generic Chibi-Robo formula that was more successful.

The same people that have done previous translation patches successfully, should help with this...

It really is so much better than Park Patrol

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can't really tell if you are insulting me or not...Well thanks for the possible vote for help...

I was trying to make up my mind on responding or reporting... as it could be read both ways...
ah I got it, its an encouraging insult... (my feelings aren't really that hurt)...
As I am not going to take someone who wants others to work on this, but won't help themselves, too seriously.

Pupito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the progress going for this. I love Chibi Robo and would love to play this in English!

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

They never gave Park Patrol an opporunity. Walmart only in the US, and no Europe release. Sure Australia and Canada got copies but I don't know how well those sold.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really glad you guys are working on this! I've gotten into Chibi-Robo a month ago, and I only got Park Patrol just a few days ago.

I know you don't want to be bombarded with questions, but I'm really curious if this guy, Tompii, is actually Telly?
telly.png

Sorry for being a pest. I really appreciate your guys' work on this!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well since I don't know that much about chibi robo - I assume its the Chibi-PC that I have been seeing in the (few bits, very few) bits of translated stuff.
To update at the same time I have been slowly dumping pointers with kruptar from the largest bmg file. I know it should go faster with an auto dumper - but with the control codes in the way... its taking a while. Just today I added 12 control codes.
Which to the experienced hackers is not much, but to me its 700+ pointers in and 12 new control codes most of which are still unidentified.

edit I would like to say thanks for the help in figuring out the bmg format. I may not have a bmg editor specific but I do have another way to do it. Thanks

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i can't beliveeee! the best with this game , is impossible to play in japanese , to me =( the best w/ this !!!1

Nukikero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really really looking forward to it ^o^ I really loved the Story, the Gameplay EVERYTHING in the NGC Game x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2