Og xbox bad files?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Aladdin xt chip inside my xbox with Ind bios, at first I thought the chip maybe dying I had a random 05 error but its stopped since I locked the hdd in config magic. Now I tried ripping a game using dvd2xbox, the game ripped but didn't load. Every since then the xbox randomly boots to the original dash, it's a luck of the draw if I can boot Into xbmc dash. I'm assuming just deleting the bad rip could possibly fix my issue but I've never had this happen. Is there anything I can do to ensure the xbox won't boot into the original dash? When it does boot into the original dash I can still see all the files in the memory folder so I know the hdd is okay.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked the clock capacitor? If you're not familiar with the issue, there's a 1 ohm capacitor on most Xbox models. This capacitor WILL leak on all of these models at some point, and the leaked fluids corrode the traces on the motherboard. Sometimes removing it and cleaning the area with alcohol or distilled water is enough to fix the issues, but other times a more involved repair is necessary.

tl;dr: Look up "xbox clock capacitor" and compare the pictures to your system.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.

Did you enabled the Logfile Option in DVD2XBox ?
Maybe the DVD Drive is no longer reading properly and makes "errors" but the Game copy process will be finished.That maybe makes sense to your non working Games on the HDD.
And by the Way,is it an IDE or an SATA HDD with Adapter ?

Thank you.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh,very good answer: What kind of HDD is it- IDE or SATA - Yes it is........

In the DVD2XBox Settings please enable the Logfile Option and after the Copy Process open (in your XBMC Dashboard) the Filemanager,go into E: (or F:)apps/dvd2xbxox/logs and open the associated Logfile please.There you can see if all Files were correctly transferred.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Then this could maybe also your Issue.In many Cases the Adapter stops or did no longer work correctly.
You said you have an Modchip then you can change your HDD to an IDE HDD,use Rocky5 or AID Disc for a new Install,copy a Game to HDD and see if this works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a