Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eh...if you get on a 3DS then you can use that PSX Core. I found out you could play PS1 games on your 3DS today. I have a N3DS.
It's ok I have lots of choices when it comes to playing PSX, it's just (fullspeed) PSX on Xbox One has become a bit of a legend around here. :P so for people hoping for fullspeed PSX after seeing a PSX Core in the list will have to wait abit longer. lol

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works
------
beetle cygne
beetle neopop
beetle pce fast
fceumm
gambatte
genesis plus gx (except sega cd)
mesen
nestopia ue
desmume (slow)
vba-m

doesnt work
---------------
beetle psx
beetle saturn (crashes)
genesis plus gx (sega cd)
quicknes
yabause (black screen crash)
virtual jaguar

idk dont have games for them
----
pcfx
thomson

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw this build was made on 1/1/2019 so any new updates since then need to be recompiled and that goes for the cores as well so let me know of any updates and i'll update it when i can

Last edited by dominater01,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it because its not a 3d game that it runs so well also its a small game to begin with
You would think so.. but Castlevania runs like ass lol and Super Princess Peach is slow-is too.. Desmume supposed to have a x64 jit but it's not selectable in the Core options. Only interpreter? I'm guessing that'll get fixed in time :)

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would think so.. but Castlevania runs like ass lol and Super Princess Peach is slow-is too.. Desmume supposed to have a x64 jit but it's not selectable in the Core options. Only interpreter? I'm guessing that'll get fixed in time :)
i bet zookeeper would work at full speed to its because its because of the mbit of the roms

https://web.archive.org/web/20130203064008/http://www.dgemu.com/nds-list--asc-size.html

this site lets you search by size we had to use this with desmume on the og xbox aswell

Reactions: ploggy

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is exciting news tbh , do you think that it would be possible to use citra core (3DS) in Xbox one with some tweaks ?

Im kind of confused right now with other post stating that in developer mode you can't use Xbox one full gpu capabilities so I don't know till which console would be possible to emulate at playable speed . On the other hand seeing psx running that well gives me hope for N64 games (i think this is an almost sure one) so let's hope for citra but we Will see how this progress.

Congrats libretro team and they guy who started this (cant remember his name right now)for this amazing progress on retroarch for Xbox one .

You made me come back to the forum after a long rest .

Reactions: Deleted_413010
D

Deleted_413010

This is exciting news tbh , do you think that it would be possible to use citra core (3DS) in Xbox one with some tweaks ?

I bet you it MIGHT be possible with some major tweaks. However a real 3DS would be alot better over an emulator due to speed, differences, what you can and cant do with the emulator and etc.

I have a real one and i can tell you right now its controls cannot be replaced on any PC. Xbox...possibly but its controllers are different but it would be alot easier to play i guarantee you.

In all honesty even if you could you would need to dump the NAND of a real 3DS which can be flipping huge if you include all those games and stuff that you already have on it.

Reactions: Wishi
D

Deleted User

works
------
beetle cygne
beetle neopop
beetle pce fast
fceumm
gambatte
genesis plus gx (except sega cd)
mesen
nestopia ue
desmume (slow)
vba-m

doesnt work
---------------
beetle psx
beetle saturn (crashes)
genesis plus gx (sega cd)
quicknes
yabause (black screen crash)
virtual jaguar

idk dont have games for them
----
pcfx
thomson

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw this build was made on 1/1/2019 so any new updates since then need to be recompiled and that goes for the cores as well so let me know of any updates and i'll update it when i can
Thank you Happy New Year as well to the retroarch team

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bet you it MIGHT be possible with some major tweaks. However a real 3DS would be alot better over an emulator due to speed, differences, what you can and cant do with the emulator and etc.

I have a real one and i can tell you right now its controls cannot be replaced on any PC. Xbox...possibly but its controllers are different but it would be alot easier to play i guarantee you.

In all honesty even if you could you would need to dump the NAND of a real 3DS which can be flipping huge if you include all those games and stuff that you already have on it.

I got a real one , it's an old 3ds and lately I had been a little tired of the tiny screen idk why haha. Fortunately my most played game got ported to switch (mh Gen ultimate) so that's a god sent but it would be cool to play kid Icarus uprising alongside others in a big screen (my laptop is just not good to run citra and an old 3ds can't stream screen to devices ) so hopefully as you said we got it with some mayor tweaks although citra core would need OpenGL to run isn't it ? I'm not that much of a tech guy but seems that Xbox one doesn't use this kind of stuff.

Thanks for your answer buddy (:

D

Deleted User

There is a compiled version? I can´t wait for the official release. I wish it can run Gamecube and Dreamcast.

Im trying to use one from Dominater01 but I have problems installing the dependencies, I will try one more time.

Last edited by ,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a compiled version? I can´t wait for the official release. I wish it can run Gamecube and Dreamcast.

Im trying to use one from Dominater01 but I have problems installing the dependencies, I will try one more time.
Make sure you use the x64 Dependencies file.

Updated OP with @dominater01 upload, thanks bud :)

Reactions: Deleted User

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Netplay seems to work!! but only if you use the "Relay" option in Network Settings. I drove a few laps on Mario Kart Snes Xbox One to Switch!!
I noticed Threaded Video option crashes the App, shame might have got a bit of a speed boost if it worked :P Still early days tho so it's all good :)

D

Deleted User

Thanks, that was the problem. I cannot load any rom from a pendrive, but that is my fault, I did not use RetroArch before. Thank you for the reply, I will read the whole thread and keep trying to load something jajajaja

Last edited by ,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, that was the problem. I cannot load any rom from a pendrive, but that is my fault, I did not use RetroArch before. Thank you for the replay, I will read the whole thread and keep trying to load something jajajaja
Nah, Usb Drives aren't supported yet, you can transfer roms through the Xbox Device Portal though.. From the File Explorer Tab.
Navigate to here: LocalAppData/RetroArch/Downloads and place them here (you can only transfer one rom at a time for now) :/

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1