Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure how to load the games on xbox one. I also loaded the cores correctly, but for some reason all emulators run super slow (including SNES, and Sega genesis emulators)
if you load the core first the compressed rom will load but if you just try to load the rom it crashes

i dont know why all your roms are slow maybe its the compression of the rom? idk

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I found if you download assets first then scan each rom you have. then go to playlist and select which core you want to load for which console. The roms work when I click them directly

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you load the core first the compressed rom will load but if you just try to load the rom it crashes

i dont know why all your roms are slow maybe its the compression of the rom? idk

Are you not encountering any slowdown at all from those emulators? Also my issue is that I still do not know how or where to put roms to play them on xbox one. I know where to put them in pc, but not xbox one

D

Deleted-351540

Are you not encountering any slowdown at all from those emulators? Also my issue is that I still do not know how or where to put roms to play them on xbox one. I know where to put them in pc, but not xbox one
I'm getting slowdowns on this as well. SNES and Genesis play like utter trash. NES seems to play alright, though.

You can use this to load ROMS on to THE Xbox One:

Nah, Usb Drives aren't supported yet, you can transfer roms through the Xbox Device Portal though.. From the File Explorer Tab.
Navigate to here: LocalAppData/RetroArch/Downloads and place them here (you can only transfer one rom at a time for now) :/

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting slowdowns on this as well. SNES and Genesis play like utter trash. NES seems to play alright, though.

You can use this to load ROMS on to THE Xbox One:

I was just about to post the same thing ^^^
Haven't noticed any slowdown yet but I havent played any game for longer than a few minutes :P

D

Deleted User

im having zombies ate my neighbors not letting me select characters and both characters show up on screen and some 2 player games only let me select 2 player mode on genesis no slowdowns on anything i have tried also I have a one x

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-351540

I was just about to post the same thing ^^^
Haven't noticed any slowdown yet but I havent played any game for longer than a few minutes :P
Games seems to start fine but if I play longer than 5 minutes, it lags so badly it becomes unplayable.

Reactions: kingtut

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I've played mega bomber man for at least 20 minutes with no real issues just minor slow downs. I have noticed that threaded video makes retroarch crash and quit

D

Deleted-351540

I've played mega bomber man for at least 20 minutes with no real issues just minor slow downs. I have noticed that threaded video makes retroarch crash and quit
Hmm. Maybe that's my issue then. I'll try disabling threaded video and see if that helps.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just played through the first World of Donkey Kong Country 2 and it the FPS never dipped lower than 59.7 :/
I am having a weird issue where I can't start a 1 player game of Mario Kart Snes tho? Selecting 2 player works fine?

Last edited by ploggy,

MusicTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're having trouble playing one player, while your game is running bring up the Retroarch menu and go into the input options for your core. You'll see that Retroarch has assigned controllers to every available controller slot. Set every input except for player 1 to 'disabled', exit the menu and head back into your game - you'll be able to play 1 player.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're having trouble playing one player, while your game is running bring up the Retroarch menu and go into the input options for your core. You'll see that Retroarch has assigned controllers to every available controller slot. Set every input except for player 1 to 'disabled', exit the menu and head back into your game - you'll be able to play 1 player.
Thanks that worked perfectly, but still, it shouldn't be like that. There's definitely a bug somewhere.. Something to bring up to the devs :P

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
surprise :)

i got 32x to work and its not on the uwp website

picodrive i used :o

i also got prboom (doom) to work :O

1zozqt5.png

i grabbed 130 cores off the core updater and put them into an appx its 498mb :O

i hope thats all the cores so i can test them