Misc Project Project Espresso - an Nintendo TVii revival!

davidjoaq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Someone had to do it.. right? Reviving Nintendo TVii? yes. Making it better? probably

Project Espresso was made with the purpose of reviving Nintendo TVii and probably some other VOD applications.

As a reminder, Nintendo TVii was not an streaming app, but instead, an advanced TV guide with some special features, such as "TV Tag", which allowed users watching the same TV show to comment each other and draw doodles over an screenshot of an show, and even post to Twitter and Facebook.

We have tested some API features and they seem to be working.. Development is continuing

Here are some pictures from our test page:
1678947253716.png

1678947388913.png

This test page is still very early and it was loaded from Nintendo TVii using an modded notification.

We are also searching for web developers to help us, and if you are interested on helping with this, you can contact me.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I hope this comes to fruition, TVii was actually really cool, loved the features for watching alongside sports, that stuff was super unique and I loved it.

Reactions: davidjoaq

janLuna

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh I hope this comes to fruition, TVii was actually really cool, loved the features for watching alongside sports, that stuff was super unique and I loved it.
i'm sorry to tell you but OP, one of the devs for Project Espresso, is just an incompetent 13 year old and the project will most likely not come to fruition.

davidjoaq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yeah, i am not working on Espresso anymore, we are a different project with a few members and devs.

But yes, we are planning to bring back everything, including the TV Tag, which is the interaction between users watching the same show, commenting and even doodling over the screenshot of the show.

b3c3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Yeah, i am not working on Espresso anymore, we are a different project with a few members and devs.

But yes, we are planning to bring back everything, including the TV Tag, which is the interaction between users watching the same show, commenting and even doodling over the screenshot of the show.
Yeah im part of the new project!
TVii is looking good!
We are also looking at reviving the streaming apps on wii u
rn bandai channel!
Post automatically merged:

its mostly the same team the only one that isnt there anymore is the project owner of espresso

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We are also looking at reviving the streaming apps
Good luck with this... 🤣
i am not working on Espresso anymore
What happened in these 12 hours?

//EDIT:
is just an incompetent 13 year old
That's not fair. I mean I see you where right: The OP jumped the sinking ship before it started to sail but... This has nothing to do with the age. We have some 13 year old coding monkeys doing really impressive work in the community.
So yea, it was an incompetent idiot but this has nothing to do with the age.

Last edited by V10lator,

b3c3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
yeahhh
Good luck with this... 🤣

its def gonna be difficult lol
Post automatically merged:

in those 12 hours the owner of the project deleted the project
i mean now we have a better server it was for the best since the previous owner sucked

davidjoaq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Good luck with this... 🤣

//EDIT:

That's not fair. I mean I see you where right: The OP jumped the sinking ship before it started to sail but... This has nothing to do with the age. We have some 13 year old coding monkeys doing really impressive work in the community.
So yea, it was an incompetent idiot but this has nothing to do with the age.
tbh, that is true

the current site i made used to be hosted on https://us.vino.wup.espressoforwiiu.net/

The team is working on probably getting a new domain.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its def gonna be difficult lol
I start to see that you're serious with this, so let me give a serious answer:
Most (all?) of the streaming services use Widevine DRM. There is no open source Widevine implementation (for a reason) and the only closed source one for PPC was the one on the Wii U but this is so outdated, it doesn't work anymore.
So sorry to say but what you want to do is an impossible task. Ofc I would love you to prove me wrong but I try to see it realisticaly.

b3c3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Most (all?) of the streaming services use Widevine DRM. There is no open source Widevine implementation (for a reason) and the only closed source one for PPC was the one on the Wii U but this is so outdated, it doesn't work anymore.
So sorry to say but what you want to do is an impossible task. Ofc I would love you to prove me wrong but I try to see it realisticaly.
oh boy, thats going to be difficult
i mean when i got netflix onto the menus i thought it wasnt going to be that hard to get the drm of netflix working

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
F for the project then. At least Pretendo will revive most Wii U's online functions, the only things that cames to my mind is to give Nintendo TVii a new purpose altogether.

HowGoodandBadcaniBe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh boy, thats going to be difficult
i mean when i got netflix onto the menus i thought it wasnt going to be that hard to get the drm of netflix working
Ik this is an old post (and you're probably not working on this thing anymore) but could you show us footage (on YouTube maybe?) that shows Netflix running on Wii U? (Browsing Menus and trying to play a movie, I doubt movies play tho) im curious how it looks and performs.

Or maybe, could you give a download for the stuff you used to get Netflix Wii U to load the menus? I wanna play around with it, even if it doesn't play movies I would love to be able to browse the Netflix menu on Wii U lol. (Please, I really wanna at least browse Netflix on Wii U...)
And yes, I made an account just to ask this.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"