1. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Fan

Hi all! @dominater01 thanks a lot for your file manager you pointed me to on youtube,

I have a problem for whatever reason I canto load more than 5 gigs of roms I've tried to increment the allowed space, I go to the menu but the bar won't move past the 5gb size, also I can't load roms from usb, retroarch shows an error about "content can't read"

Is there any solution?

Edit, solved the space problem, but still can't load games from USB.

Last edited by Esppiral, Nov 25, 2020
  2. ploggy

OP ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    I think the reason your getting the black screen is because you need to set the renderer to DX11 (in settings/drivers/video)
    Make sure you've set a menu combo in settings/input/hotkeys/menu toggle gamepad combo (if you havent already)
    You can change the games control options after the game boots.. open the in game menu, then go down to controls ;)

3. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Fan

Can Anyone recomend a path folder to store the Games? it seems that If I try to do it on the retroarch folder there is a size limit. Where are you putting them?

Last edited by Esppiral, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Medveitsi

Medveitsi GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Settings>drivers>video>dx11

5. Lkr

Lkr Member
    Newcomer

United States
    got the install and everything working fine, I have a question about dolphin. is there a way to force 16:9 in the options? it’s listed without any values to choose from and I cannot find any other way to combine it with widescreen codes

6. Medveitsi

Medveitsi GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    playlist not working. how do make them on pc?

7. MorningBlunt

MorningBlunt Advanced Member
    Newcomer

yes.

8. DarknessInferno

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    This worked for getting the rom to play again, thanks guys. Unfortunately the controller input problem still persists. I've already tried tinkering with controls while the rom is running multiple times with no luck. Is there some specific option I am missing here?

Edit: Cancel that, I found the option that appeared after the rom started to switch controller type. Just gotta fiddle with the buttons now. Thanks again guys!

Last edited by DarknessInferno, Nov 27, 2020
    ploggy likes this.
  9. solitaire4eva

solitaire4eva GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have installed everything fine. The weird thing is I can't figure out how to use an external usb drive. U plug in multiple drives and retro don't see any if the drives. Is there a specific format and specific folder I have to create to read my drive and roms?

10. moviecut

moviecut Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    @solitaire4eva Have you tried to let the xbox format the drive itself and then putting the roms on it? I think that should work.

solitaire4eva likes this.
  11. SamyKn

SamyKn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    @dominater01
    After 1.9.0 , any newer version will be subscription or purchase base?! :cry::ohnoes:

Btw , as per discord instruction i have filled in the whitelist form. How long does it take to be whitelisted?

because when i open the retroarch link(github link) in Xbox edge browser, opens the MS store but prompts "Something went wrong"
    Is it because i have not been whitelisted yet?

Thx mate :grog:

Last edited by SamyKn, Nov 28, 2020
  12. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    thats a terrible idea and wont work

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yea you havent been whitelisted yet and thats why its saying that

the usb has to be either fat32, ntfs or exfat and on dev mode for retroarhc its drive E and on retail its drive D

Hologram, solitaire4eva and SamyKn like this.
  13. solitaire4eva

solitaire4eva GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Funny thing is I installed the retroarch app from this thread and the dependencies and now it recognize my ntfs formatted drive no problem on the Xbox series s. Been playing dreamcast games for a few hours no problems and full speed ..

14. SamyKn

SamyKn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    @dominater01
    Thanks a lot mate , whitelisted and have installed both the Retro and PPSSPP.......Don't wanna:!: brag but donated as well to both you and T3 (sry couldn't do more) :bow::grog:

One simple question , Do we have the 2Gig limit in native xbox (non-developer) as well? I tried to run a PS2 game but failed but SNES or Sega or GC working fine :huh:. I run the games from an external USB Storage , should i move them to internal?

Last edited by SamyKn, Nov 29, 2020
    dominater01 likes this.
  15. ELon

ELon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is setting up retroarch on SX the same as X1? Curious to see how ps2 is running on SX. Does it work on X1? Really tempted to test retroarch on that first fearing ima brick my SX.....

16. dominater01

United States
    as far as im aware no the limit on retail isnt possible cuz we cant go to that directory on retail

all xbox one's are setup the same when it comes to dev mode stuff

SamyKn likes this.
  17. ELon

ELon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well i meant is the setup for Series X the same as Xbox 1. I setup my Xbox 1 but I can't seem to use the portal correctly. I can only add files once? I have to delete theb itll let me add files again? I only tested Yoshis Island for Snes, mainly to see if I can do it on my Series X without Bricking it.

My main question, is the pcsx2 core on Series X already or do I have to wait for it to be released? If I can add the core where do I go about doing so?

18. dominater01

United States
    the core is already available in the latest retroarch and works on all xbox one models

also you were hitting a 2gb limit so do this

(Xbox One) Retroarch - How To Bypass 2gb Limit (Dev Mode) - YouTube

Fearlezz90 likes this.
  19. ELon

ELon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well i installed on me Series X and placed the game in the roms folder but still can't find it in Retroarch. I'm assuming its because I don't have bios? I'm also not using a flash drive.....I dont get to select drives like in your video......The game is on the hard drive but its not in the downloads folder in localstate. I also don't know how to reach the roms folder in file explorer.

If i could find it in explorer I should be able to just move it to the correct director

Edit: found it but it fails to load. It says core does not support VFS. Now i think this is because of bios?

Last edited by ELon, Nov 30, 2020
  20. Sameru

Sameru Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    VFS means that the core in retroarch does not support usb devices. So you would have to copy the games to your internal storage.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Retroarch, Official, Thread