ROM Hack Official translation requests topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Harvest Moon: Welcome To The Wind Bazaar - There's a good chance it will get localized. Translators don't want to waste their time on a game that will eventually get localized.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
means no?
Sorry my english quite bad.........
unsure.gif

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
It means that it's really likely the game will come out in English; so there isn't really too much point in translating it. So yeah, it means no translation. :3

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
There's not much doubt it will be localized. But the series has a rather odd US publisher who takes ridiculously long to get anywhere.

The previous DS Harvest Moon game (Shining Sun and Friends) hasn't been confirmed for the US yet, let alone this. And the girls version of the one took over 2 years to come out here...

bealuvsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rod said:
Is there any interest in Square-Enix's Sigma Harmonics?

Sigma_Harmonics.jpg

945706_20080804_screen001.jpg
945706_20080804_screen002.jpg
945706_20080804_screen003.jpg

The game's been released in August 21 2008 in Japan, it's been labeled as a "Adventure RPG", mixing both styles in a single game. Despite getting a good 31 in Famitsu (8/7/8/8), having music by Masashi Hamauzu (made some of the best tracks in Final Fantasy X and is in charge of Final Fantasy XIII's OST) and quite some advertising, it hardly sold over 100.000 copies over there.

It's been six months since its release and there has been no word at all of a NA/EU version. Given the poor sales, I'm starting to believe it's unlikable the game will get localized. Here's a tip of a game that looks interesting and we most probably won't receive in english around there parts, in case anyone's interested.

there's already been a discussion about trying to translate this game but if memory serves, people are saying it's hard to do. and there's also an issue regarding the text being oriented vertically. so, i guess there's very little to no chance at all of this game being translated. ALTHOUGH, if anyone wants to give it a shot, i'd gladly help with the jap translation.
yaynds.gif

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
sonicrax said:
It means that it's really likely the game will come out in English; so there isn't really too much point in translating it. So yeah, it means no translation. :3

Oh no...
means we need to wait until 2011 to read english in Harvest Moon:Welcome To The Wind Bazaar......
I hope GBAtemp will help translate by this reason.......
We really want the translate of this game.....

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Translators should be paying closer attention to Nintendo published DS games, in my opinion. Watching them to see what their chances of US release are.

There's been an unusually large number of games we're interesting in playing that haven't come out.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name
Bokura no Terebi Game Kentei

Release date
06/26/08

Game info
The game was a Wario Ware style game training title. It featured many classic Bandi Namco titles like Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, Mappy & Xevious, cut down for you to train up on. Some of it was easy to play without Japanese but some games were in the adventure/mystery genre and took pure guesswork to complete.

Screenshots
b2.jpg
b5.jpg

Offering
Well I do moderate this section when needed but I will like to feature some of the best games the team have translated on my NDS & Wii Release thread the next time we get a slow month just to show.

Irashtar

Trophies
XP
Country
Suujin Taisen Recently got a version added to the DSi store, and I tried out this game which was released back in 2007. It seems like it didn't fare too well, but after I managed to stumble around to the main game, I found a very cool boardgame/turn based strategy game. However, after around two dozen levels, I crashed into the language barrier and burned, unable to figure out how to continue. I've also been unable to find any guide for this little gem, would any of you guys care to take a peek at it?

Latoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xylez said:
lcleong said:
3191- Phantasy Star Zero (J)!!

omg!
laugh.gif

i second this one, in a proper form

Game name
Phantasy Star Zero

Release date
Leaked on 19 december, 2008

Game info
It's an RPG game, it has a local and online 4 player co-op mode
yet the release date for the engl;ish version is still TBA

Screenshots
ori_02.jpg
ori_05.jpg
93496.jpg
93501.jpg

how can you resist this?!

Your offering
I can offer my full happyness and love if you translate it!
biggrin.gif
i third this request
game ino is above and my offering is something more usefull
phantasy star zero translation list

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Game name:
Chou Soujuu Mecha MG

Release date:
09/02/06

Game info:
Not much info I can find. Apparently developed by the company behind Robot Alchemic Drive. Has rather high user review scores on GameFAQs, as you can see here.

Screenshots:
Foto%20Chou%20Soujuu%20Mecha%20MG%20(Japonés).jpg

Foto%20Chou%20Soujuu%20Mecha%20MG%20(Japonés).jpg

chousouju-mecha-mg-20060912103440000.jpg

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So,
GBA temp will help me to translate the game:
Harvest Moon:Welcome to the Bazaar?
I really really hope that translators will help...
Because we really don't wan to wait until 2011 to read english in Harvest Moon:Welcome to the Bazaar.....

bealuvsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
to bealuvsme @ Post #445, well if u don't mind chinese, then there is a chinese version of it floathing in the internet

i won't be of that much help there..i can't read chinese..T_T

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to see a translation of the Simple series 42 The Haioku Byoutou, it totally playable without it but you just miss out on the story a bit. It's got a real J-Horror feel to it like Ju-On or Ringu, there's no menus and not to much text to it.
Not expecting anything from you guys and thanks to all the great work that you do.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Djay187 said:
I'd like to see a translation of the Simple series 42 The Haioku Byoutou, it totally playable without it but you just miss out on the story a bit. It's got a real J-Horror feel to it like Ju-On or Ringu, there's no menus and not to much text to it.
Not expecting anything from you guys and thanks to all the great work that you do.
Ooh, I love me some horror games. Maybe if you make a proper request it will get looked at!

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
War said:
Djay187 said:
Ooh, I love me some horror games. Maybe if you make a proper request it will get looked at!
Haioku Byoutou is indeed an interesting game but it's rather text heavy, I can't really tell how good a translation would work, I'll give it a go though...

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to request a, not translation, but a content patch for Luminous Arc 2. I want to carry over the japanese voices and etc over to the english one, similar to the TWEWY content patch.

o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8