XP
Country
United States
Game name
MapleStory DS

Release date
April 15th, 2010

Game info
Extremely popular MMORPG in Korea, and is launching with a special edition DSi bundle. I am not completely sure it won't come out in America, but there is no word whatsoever of the game coming to any other countries. It is a Single Player game with some online features and is an RPG.(Also, it seems like the type of game you would just want a menu translation patch for- since its probably coming to the west but something to tide us over until it comes out - and if possible a translation of the prompts like (you picked up 4 mesos, etc.)

Screenshots
MapleStoryDS.jpg

Your offering
Well, considering its an extremely popular MMORPG, I think people would very much enjoy a translation of the handheld game.
ALSO, I KNOW THE GAME IS KOREAN, NOT JAPANESE, AND I WOULDN'T MIND AN ENGRISH(GOOGLE TRANSLATE, ETC.) TRANSLATION PATCH.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Bitbyte said:
Wtf, only a few online features? Sucks that it's not online, why would you even do the grinding then?
frown.gif

Story Mode? I imagine it as being similar to pokemon in a way, the bosses are strong, and you need to be a certain level to beat them?

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I mean without all the online features it can still be fun right? Don't tell me you never played Diablo offline before? I think it might be similar
smile.gif
Let's just hope it works out alright and not some random game that's not like Maplestory at all
smile.gif

I love Maplestory, hope you guys could translate it
biggrin.gif

Ace350

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maple story is pretty popular just like Ragnarok. I think its has a chance of coming to America. Just my opinion.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Game name

Mangaka Debut Monogatari DS: Akogare! Mangaka Ikusei Game

Release date

11/10/05

Game info

Mangaka Debut Monogatari DS: Akogare! Mangaka Ikusei Game is an adventure title in which you play as a young girl who hopes to become a comic artist. You'll work your way through three weeks of school as you learn basic knowledge of comics. The game includes mini games through which you collect items to build up your character. The stylus is used to create your own four frame comics, with the game including a full paint interface.

Screenshots

Looked everywhere.
Couldn't find any.

The game is that obscure.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
interesting game =o I think if it gets translated to english I'd almost definitely play it. I'm not sure what the dialogue is like, but I'd be willing to do the menus and whatnot at least, once I've gotten some of my life sorted and the current projects have had a decent chunk completed. gonna go take a look at it now though anyway =x

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Lol at most of these requests.

Here's a quick guide:

What is likely to be released in english:
Big company? (sega, square, etc)
Established IP? (Have they released it in europe or america before?)
High ratings?
Popular?
Sold well in Japan?

Here's what is not likely to be released in english:
Small or new company? (unless they already have an established IP or one of the above situations)
Dating game or game around anime? (unless it's naruto or bleach or one piece, they do not sell well)
so-so ratings in japan
sort of popular or not popular in japan
sold sort of well

If your game is for example fucking MEGA MAN, or FINAL FANTASY, it's gonna get a statewide release unless it's a retarded gimmick game.

Christ, 80% of the things requested are either obviously coming out, or are never going to come out because the company thinks it's not worth it.

W007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gvaz said:
Lol at most of these requests.

Here's a quick guide:

What is likely to be released in english:
Big company? (sega, square, etc)
Established IP? (Have they released it in europe or america before?)
High ratings?
Popular?
Sold well in Japan?

Here's what is not likely to be released in english:
Small or new company? (unless they already have an established IP or one of the above situations)
Dating game or game around anime? (unless it's naruto or bleach or one piece, they do not sell well)
so-so ratings in japan
sort of popular or not popular in japan
sold sort of well

If your game is for example fucking MEGA MAN, or FINAL FANTASY, it's gonna get a statewide release unless it's a retarded gimmick game.

Christ, 80% of the things requested are either obviously coming out, or are never going to come out because the company thinks it's not worth it.
What's wrong with wanting a game that won't come out to come out? The companies have nothing to do with unofficial translations. That's why it's unofficial. Oh, and what the heck is your problem with Mega Man?!

Edit: And yes, I know it's a "gimmick game," but I still want it to come out. Capcom's stupidity when it comes to translations are comparable to Nintendo of Europe's (and, more recently, Nintendo of America, since they allowed Pokemon HG/SS's removal of the Real Game Corners in the USA versions).

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
You don't get it.

If it's a hugely popular IP then it will be released statesite, ergo Mega Man or Final Fantasy. Period. Don't request something like that because no one will do it because it will be released.

I'm not talking about what translation is better. You're just wasting your time by requesting games like that.

Or that truck simulator on the other end of the spectrum.
rofl2.gif

edit: by "retarded gimmick game" i mean something that maybe .001% of all ds players would actually enjoy. That also is likely to never be translated, either officially or unofficially.

W007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do get, it's just that Capcom said they wouldn't release it over here. Besides, people translate Pokemon games, which are always released over here.

EDIT: And yes, I know Pokemon games (for the DS) are easier to translate with LoadingNOW's translation thing.

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why whoever that is is so impatient that they can't wait till march when they release pokemon like clockwork.

As for Capcom, I read the entire thread and someone way back requested the Ace mega man games soon after they came out in japan and hrm, look here it is and they've been out for a while in english.

It was a pointless request. Probably a good idea is too look at a publisher or game developer's wikipedia, if most of their stuff is localized, it's probably a good bet to assume that whatever game you could request that they do will also be released.

W007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I looked it up, and it said that Capcom said that they weren't going to localize it, and that was my reason for asking for a translation in the first place....

Edit: Therefore, since I had already looked it up, this whole argument was caused by confusion on both our parts, and you just didn't take a good look at my first post, because I had said "not to be released in the USA" or something like that.

Edit 2: Oh, but thanks for trying to help.

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Well the good thing about a europe release and an american release, is that unless it's a specific country in europe it's released in, that most likely you can either import or download the european one and be able to read it if you're looking for an american release
tongue.gif

It works both ways, like with Xenosaga 1 never getting a euro release and Xenosaga 2 getting a euro release (but the game stunk itself) so they never released Xenosaga 3 in europe.

Regardless of what you requested, I'm merely voicing my opinion based on many different factors where it's quite obvious to tell that if you want to play some of these games, you'd be better off learning Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...