Gaming Ocarina of Time 3DS thread

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
I never noticed before that you could do the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple

...how? Don't you need the Hover Boots from the Shadow Temple to get across the desert? Yeah, you could get the boots then leave but that doesn't count IMHO.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Blaze163 said:
Ben_j said:
I never noticed before that you could do the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple

...how? Don't you need the Hover Boots from the Shadow Temple to get across the desert? Yeah, you could get the boots then leave but that doesn't count IMHO.
You don't.
Just the Longshot and the Lens of Truth.

I always do the Shadow Temple first though. It just doesn't feel right the other way around.

D

Deleted User

Snailface said:
Interesting fact for you nerds out there
tongue.gif
:

Turn off 3D and antialiasing is turned on. I'm completly sure about this.
QUOTE(Takeshi @ Jun 17 2011, 06:24 PM) Did anyone else notice how the anti aliasing kicks in if you turn off the 3D effect? You can see it clearly, if you're looking at links hat and then switch from (full) 3D to 2D mode. I think it looks great either way.
[...]
Old news is old.
tongue.gif
Seriously, it's amazing, isn't it? It really shows (something of) what the 3DS is capable of.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Blaze163 said:
Ben_j said:

You don't need the boots in the desert. They do make the temple easier though.
You need them to activate the switch in the big room. You usually use them to get one of the 5 gems in the room with big boulders, and to get to the hand of the statue in the big room, but you can just jump and then do a sword attack to reach the hand and the gem.

Something else I noticed : they changed some stuff here and there to make it easier. Dark Link seemed easier to beat. In the water temple, when you activate the mid-level water, the camera shows you the passage under the entrance, where you can get the key, that I'm sure most of you had a hard time finding in the original game. Finally, in the Spirit Temple, the switch in the room where you make a platform go down in front of the statue is not behind the bars anymore.

Roebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks like the game now gives you extra hints, where to use/trade things like the saw or the blue chicken (its called "Hennie" in germany, but i dont know the english name of it).
As far as i remember, there werent hints on the worldmap in the original n64 game.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Roebb said:
Looks like the game now gives you extra hints, where to use/trade things like the saw or the blue chicken (its called "Hennie" in germany, but i dont know the english name of it).
As far as i remember, there werent hints on the worldmap in the original n64 game.
It's called Cojiro.
And now you motivated me to check if the original had an event marker for the Biggoron's Sword sequence now

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Roebb said:

I noticed this too, blue markers appear on the map on where the game advises you to go next.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's out on the 19th but maybe it's an issue for your own GameStop, no? Mine did that a lot with DS games in the past but stopped recently. I'd still check in on the 19th anyway.

EDIT:I even remember going to the store once to buy Mega Man Starforce 2. I asked if they had it and they said that it wasn't released but shipped today. To not feel so disappointed, I asked another employee. He went into the back and got a copy for me that had came in recently lol

D

Deleted User

I seriously am doubting this poster now. I ask the guys at my GameStop if they've got the posters and they say they got nothing O_< will it really ship by the 19th?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
As I said, just be sure to check in on the 19th anyway. The whole poster thing seemed sketchy to me anyway. Sure some had said (elsewhere) that they were told to be receiving a poster; I hardly believed it. None of my GameStop's have been told of any such thing and the site still says otherwise. I checked in with 2 of the stores in my area on Thursday and they had no clue of any bonus.

All I know is that I'll be at GameStop's doors at 11 AM Sunday and if there's no game... I will just be super disappointed. As for the poster... I wasn't even looking forward to it anyway but I feel bad if all who are looking forward to it don't receive it.

D

Deleted User

Fffff the poster is a lie

Well... I guess if we preordered and you have that GameStop text message thing enabled, we should be getting a notice sometime later today that we can pick up the game on Sunday morning. Can you imagine the rage if the game merely got shipped on the 19th and wouldn't reach stores until the 20th (REMEMBER THE GOLDEN SUN DARK DAWN FAIL. /SCREECH)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantastic91 said:
This game is out on the 19 right? Not shipping on the 19. just wondering cause i just went to gamestop and he checked him computer and he told me its coming on Tuesday. Wtf.
The computer at my work says June 21st, but we don't always get new releases on time, or have to sell it on the day the computer says. That's why I'll stroll into Target before work (around (9:00 am), and just buy it on the 19th. I checked both Target and Bestbuy, and both have the game listed for a 06-19-11 release. Target opens at 8:00 am, so I would just go there, assuming they didn't sell them all during the last week
tongue.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
dsfanatic5 said:
phantastic91 said:
This game is out on the 19 right? Not shipping on the 19. just wondering cause i just went to gamestop and he checked him computer and he told me its coming on Tuesday. Wtf.
The computer at my work says June 21st, but we don't always get new releases on time, or have to sell it on the day the computer says. That's why I'll stroll into Target before work (around (9:00 am), and just buy it on the 19th. I checked both Target and Bestbuy, and both have the game listed for a 06-19-11 release. Target opens at 8:00 am, so I would just go there, assuming they didn't sell them all during the last week
tongue.gif
You can hit up walmart for a Midnight launch.
grog.gif

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I happen to work at a Wal-Mart. Don't recall ever seeing any launch titles arrive early so that we could pull them out to the sales floor for them to be stocked on the shelves. I bet it would arrive on the General Merchandize truck on the 19th. But here's the thing, for my area, the truck doesn't arrive till 4pm or sometime a bit before that. Then it gets unloaded. Any thing that was on that truck usually doesn't get pulled out onto the sales floor till after 9pm.

But I only work the 4pm-1am shift. It's still possible they get trucks really late at night or early morning and unload it off that. I only really see a small window of the sales process in Wal-Mart to tell you the truth.
tongue.gif

I wont have the money to buy the game till Wednesday anyway, so for me it's irrelevant if it shows up on the 19th or not.
tongue.gif

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
phantastic91 said:
tongue.gif

wooooooooow. can't believe a game store is getting games later than other stores. i guess ill buy it at kmart then and get the supposedly 15 gift card and then later cancel my preorder at gamestop

Dilzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a poster when I pre-ordered it a month ago. I live in Australia, so I'm getting a free Ocarina too. Although the game comes out on the 30th here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...