• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably a strange question to most but I'm curious so I gotta ask. How many people who are happy that Obama won are happy mostly because he's the first non-white president?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cant believe people are still bitching about Obama. He won get over it. Face facts, hes the best option we have.

TrolleyDave said:
Probably a strange question to most but I'm curious so I gotta ask. How many people who are happy that Obama are happy mostly because he's the first non-white president?
rephrase your question please.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i agree with p1ngpong, you guys need to stop following the media and do some personal research sometimes...Frustrates so much on why Obama became President. The race should've been closer but most people who voted that were black voted him b/c they wanted to "see change"...who was to say obama's change was to be better than mccains? I already proved it was worse. Other's who voted him president for change b/c he was democrat and bring about new and better change was also pointless...I mean, Mccain already explain his ideas to help the fix the incompetence of our congress. How was Obama's any greater? The biggest thing that should've dissuade you guys from making Obama president is... Can you imagine him being the Commander in Chief of the US...when he clearly has no experience in that field? I am not saying he is going to be a bad president but why the hell did our nation put our lives in a weaker candidate?

sonic209

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
Obama is against the american dream and is all for middle class families dishing money out to lower class while the upper class gets out of doing it like they do with most other things.
Also he wants to turn this country bilingual.

It's over, you can stop already! Your dude lost. Save it for 2012.
Exactly
tongue.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
i agree with p1ngpong, you guys need to stop following the media and do some personal research sometimes...Frustrates so much on why Obama became President. The race should've been closer but most people who voted that were black voted him b/c they wanted to "see change"...who was to say obama's change was to be better than mccains? I already proved it was worse. Other's who voted him president for change b/c he was democrat was also pointless...I mean, Mccain already explain his ideas to help the fix the incompetence of our congress. How was Obama's any greater? The biggest thing that should've dissuade you guys from making Obama president is... Can you imagine him being the Chief Executive Officer of the US...when he clearly has no experience in that field? I am not saying he is going to be a bad president but why the hell did our nation put our lives in a weaker candidate?
I would respond to that but I dont want to get into another flame war. I see this thread heading towards the way the gay marriage thread ended.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
I cant believe people are still bitching about Obama. He won get over it. Face facts, hes the best option we have.

TrolleyDave said:
Probably a strange question to most but I'm curious so I gotta ask. How many people who are happy that Obama are happy mostly because he's the first non-white president?

Rephrase it how? What I mean is how many are happy because he really is the best choice and will take America back to it's root ideals and how many are happy simply because having a non-white president makes them feel like they are living in more progressive, less racist country.

Is that any better?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
...How many people...are happy that Obama [won] mostly because he's the first non-white president?

Don't really care, though it's obviously historic. But he's an inspirational speaker who seems to speak right from the heart. That's rare in politics.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
dinofan01 said:

TrolleyDave said:

Rephrase it how? What I mean is how many are happy because he really is the best choice and will take America back to it's root ideals and how many are happy simply because having a non-white president makes them feel like they are living in more progressive, less racist country.

Is that any better?
That is better. I was being mean it was just poorly structured.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
kevenka said:
i agree with p1ngpong, you guys need to stop following the media and do some personal research sometimes...Frustrates so much on why Obama became President. The race should've been closer but most people who voted that were black voted him b/c they wanted to "see change"...who was to say obama's change was to be better than mccains? I already proved it was worse. Other's who voted him president for change b/c he was democrat was also pointless...I mean, Mccain already explain his ideas to help the fix the incompetence of our congress. How was Obama's any greater? The biggest thing that should've dissuade you guys from making Obama president is... Can you imagine him being the Chief Executive Officer of the US...when he clearly has no experience in that field? I am not saying he is going to be a bad president but why the hell did our nation put our lives in a weaker candidate?
I would respond to that but I dont want to get into another flame war. I see this thread heading towards the way the gay marriage thread ended.
It's not flaming when both sides are willing to listen to the others perspective. I am all ears.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
dinofan01 said:
kevenka said:

Well so far this is a nice debate, as long as no idiots jump in talking crap its perfectly fine to state your points!
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
What I mean is how many are happy because he really is the best choice and will take America back to it's root ideals and how many are happy simply because having a non-white president makes them feel like they are living in more progressive, less racist country.
Why can't it be both? It is possible that he will be both black and a reasonably good president.

He's also very thin and pretty, which is a plus.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:

TrolleyDave said:
dude, it's been like 10 minutes, people will still be angry

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im not going to risk it and besides im only online because im waiting on a download. Its almost finished but its good to hear you guys are willing to listen.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
TrolleyDave said:
...How many people...are happy that Obama [won] mostly because he's the first non-white president?

Don't really care, though it's obviously historic. But he's an inspirational speaker who seems to speak right from the heart. That's rare in politics.

I agree about the historic part. I don't follow the US elections really so haven't heard Obama speak, I've just seen talk on other forums where people were discussing how great it would be to have a coloured president, there was very little talk about the actual policies and stuff. I asked there too but just got called a racist for even suggesting that it might have influenced some of their votes.

And cheers for pointing out the missing word!

QUOTE(dinofan01 @ Nov 5 2008, 05:26 AM)
That is better. I was being mean it was just poorly structured.

Don't worry about it, I'd rather someone tell me the question didn't make sense. My grammar skills aren't the greatest.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gore said:
Twiggy12 said:
obama kicks ass, i mean what would america and the rest of the world want

war, or less war?

obama isnt for war, or against it (i think) wheras the other guy SERVED in a war now who do you think would make more wars?

and i hope obama doesent become an idiot like george bush, he made many people die

heres a joke

after george bush heard that in 1.5 billion years the sun would run out of gas george made a disision he would make every thing right.....

what did he do?

he send 5 million soldiers to the sun

oh yeah, good job obama
LET US ALL LISTEN TO THE WISDOM OF THE TWELVE (IM 13 NOW!!! I HAD MY BIRTHDAY IN OCTOBER!!)YEAR OLD BOY FROM AUSTRALIA.

biggrin.gif
why thank you kind man
smile.gif
(yes i know you were being scarcastic)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
TrolleyDave said:
What I mean is how many are happy because he really is the best choice and will take America back to it's root ideals and how many are happy simply because having a non-white president makes them feel like they are living in more progressive, less racist country.
Why can't it be both? It is possible that he will be both black and a reasonably good president.

He's also very thin and pretty, which is a plus.

It can be both, I'm just curious as to how many people see it as a major factor in their choice.

Plus I don't find him that pretty, a little mascara wouldn't hurt.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
It can be both, I'm just curious as to how many people see it as a major factor in their choice.

Plus I don't find him that pretty, a little mascara wouldn't hurt.
I think most people voted for him because they thought he was the better choice. There have been black candidates before that didn't get nearly as much of the black vote.

Also, did you see the dress his wife was wearing at his speech? It looked like an exploding republican.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am not American so i couldnt vote for him, but I would have.

As for if I care that he is black or if that is why I would have voted for him.. no I dont think that matters. I think he is a very charismatic man and I care less about the fact that he is a black man than I do about the symbolism of it all.

Hopefully Obama will be good for relations between US and Canada (and the rest of the world for that matter)

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Twiggy12 said:
obama kicks ass, i mean what would america and the rest of the world want

war, or less war?

obama isnt for war, or against it (i think) wheras the other guy SERVED in a war now who do you think would make more wars?

and i hope obama doesent become an idiot like george bush, he made many people die

heres a joke

after george bush heard that in 1.5 billion years the sun would run out of gas george made a disision he would make every thing right.....

what did he do?

he send 5 million soldiers to the sun

oh yeah, good job obama

Obama said he was against the war then backtracked on it, time will tell what his stance on the war actually is.

As for McCain serving in Vietnam, who would you rather have leading the country and sending our soldiers into war? Someone who has never served in the army and dosent know what it involves? Or someone who has fought and bled for the country, and knows exactly what he is leading the country into?

Bush was a draft dodger, and he was a massive warmonger and he has led America into two illegal wars and caused hundreds of thousands of deaths!

i agree with the part about america would be quite defencless but think... obama would probably be afraid of war and i doubt he would want to start more so if he keeps from getting into wars and fixes all that george dipshit had done then you all should be fine, i also agree with all you said bout bush

and look at this! does obama look so dangerous to you?
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily