• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do yall think of Dan Crenshaw?

salazarcosplay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Dan Crenshaw has a lot of accomplishments to be viewed as hero. Navy Seal, war veteran. I think he should have been trying to run for senator or president.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not only did he sign the "amicus brief" in support of the Texas Vs Pennsylvania lawsuit contesting the election results, but then he turned around and CONDEMNED the 1/6 rioters and some congressional reps for stoking the riots. I don't think he has much of a chance to win senate or prez

Reactions: salazarcosplay

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not neither a right wing nor a left wing. I disagree with republicans and democrats, and that they should be more moderate.
You say this, but you also openly praised a very non-moderate politician.
As many a prior politician has learned, you really can't have your cake and eat it too in this game.

salazarcosplay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say this, but you also openly praised a very non-moderate politician.
As many a prior politician has learned, you really can't have your cake and eat it too in this game.

Do you know any any moderate politicians. I praise some on the right and some on the left. But what I think nowadays as being most important is having younger politicians that have good cognitive function. I could praise Dan on the right and Paul Ryan, and also AOC on the left. I think the idea is left and right can compromise eventually, but a even bigger problem is old people past retirement age in congress.

Shane_Hussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s refreshing to see a balanced perspective. Dan and Paul Ryan bring experience from the right, while AOC represents the left with her passion.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know any any moderate politicians. I praise some on the right and some on the left. But what I think nowadays as being most important is having younger politicians that have good cognitive function. I could praise Dan on the right and Paul Ryan, and also AOC on the left. I think the idea is left and right can compromise eventually, but a even bigger problem is old people past retirement age in congress.
I do know moderate politicians, yes. Crenshaw is closer to being a moderate than a hardline Republican. However, it's important to realize that just because a politician is younger doesn't mean they aren't corrupt/have ulterior motives. If anything, a smart young politician will use that to their advantage, praising themselves as a breath of fresh air from the dinosaurs currently running the country and using that to minimize their own faults.
There are a lot of factors to consider in a good politician. You hailed this man as a "hero", implying passionate support, seemingly based solely on his war experience (admirable, but largely irrelevant to his political career, which is much more polarizing) and his age. Thinking with such minimal criteria is a great way to elect a corrupt or sinister politician. I'm not saying Crenshaw is corrupt or anything, but I am saying that military experience and age alone are woefully inadequate criteria to judge a politician on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up